I Like Sapp Pickup

walzav29

I also like the idea of Sapp on the Bengals D - what he can bring to the line, and the influence he can have on others would be immense. I know his attitude will be a sticking point for some fans but I say give him the striped shirt and turn him loose!! WhoDey!!!

The difference between Sapp and the other DTs mentioned is he's a smaller, more athletic tackle. He's not just gonna plop down and block a running lane ala Washington. Before he would get definite pressure on the QB and be stout enough on the run, I think Tampa isn't resigning him because he's lost enough of his edge with age that he can't do either well enough to garner the money he wants.

But that's just my opinion based on the little I've seen and read, I'm far from a Sapp expert.

I think Sapp's production has been undervalued. While he may not be putting up the big sack numbers, but the buccaneers remain one of the toughest teams to run against.

also, he's being asked to do more on offense, like tackle eligibles' and playing fullback and tight end in their goal line packages.

4 mill a year may be high for a 31 year old lineman, but we can probably get 4 decent years out of him, or 2 or 3 with a buyout on the rest. !