Kennedy gone...

Whur CHad At?

Where you'd get this already, they just lost like two hours ago.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mick Kronin(Murray St.) was an assistant under Huggins, left for Pitino in Louisville, and Huggy was pissed.

Saw it on the news... Ole Miss has confirmed that Andy Kennedy will be the new head coach, and that UC has hired Mick Kronin as their new Head Coach.

Here is from Channel 12 news in Cincinnati:

Coaching Changes For The Bearcats

LAST UPDATE: 3/23/2006 9:53:36 PM

University of Cincinnati Head Coach Andy Kennedy is leaving, and will become the head coach at Mississippi.

The former interim coach at Cincinnati was to be introduced at a news conference at noon Friday in Oxford, Athletic Director Pete Boone said."The way he handled himself in adverse circumstances showed mehis head coaching instincts, and there's no question that he's been a great recruiter over the years," Boone said.

It caps a three-day whirlwind for Ole Miss officials who interviewed four candidates in two days before centering their sights on Kennedy as the replacement for Rod Barnes. Barnes, a former national coach of the year, was told last month that he would not return to the Rebels next year after his fourth straight losing season.

Murray State Head Coach Mick Cronin has been named the new Head Coach of the Bearcats. Cronin was an assistant coach under former U.C. Head Coach Bob Huggins.

Today announcement follows UC's 65-62 loss to South Carolina in the quarterfinals of the NIT.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

They don't hire Kennedy because of his ties to Huggins.

They hire Cronin because of his ties to the program and his recruiting under Huggins.

Am I missing something????

I like the hire but the hypocrisy at UC knows no bounds....

Cronin was definitely the right choice(other than AK). The future problem IMO is going to be the fact that Zimpher is gonna tie his hands when it comes to recruiting. The kids that have as little as a blemish on their record will not be admitted to play here under this administration. Top level recuiting is tough enough already, but when shorten the list of kids that you can recruit it almost becomes impossible.

I wish Mick, AK, and Huggs the best of luck in their new jobs, and I look forward to them all facing off against each other in the Dance a few years from now.

BI*CH!

nancyzinpher.jpg

This was a bulls**t hire(although a good one) to ease the tensions and cries of the fans with all the Hire Andy chants. As a fan, this university is testing my last nerve. There hired an old Huggy guy, that I think had a falling out with Hugs just to go, "See, it's not about Huggins, we hired this guy."

I know I've already said this before, but Kennedy was twice the in game coach as Hugs ever was, and what he did with what he had this year was fantastic.

I haven't quite turned my back on UC yet, but I am a K State and Ole Miss fan now.

BTW, thank you James White and Jihad Mohammed <_<