So now what?

The way FA is panning out, i would be tempted to trade down from the 17th pick in order to get extra 2nd or 3rd rounders. There are a few RB hungry teams who might want to trade up to 17th to nab Jackson or Jones. I would only trade down if Udeze, Wilfork, Harris, Smith, and Hall were all gone, cuz Hall is the only CB worthy of the 17th pick who could also start this year, Gamble is a great prospect but thats a little too much money to put in a kid who won't start for one or two years. I know Marivn is always advocating taking the best available player, but we have some serious holes and need all the picks we can get to help fill them.

Well, I like the idea of trading down...I don't think the players that we need will be available at 17, either the Bengals reach for a player, or we draft someone that we don't need, neither is an attractive option...Trade down from 17, and possibly trade Dillon for 2nd rounder and then we'd be looking at having 5 to six picks on the first day....That would go a long way to turning this team into a long term winner.

Trade down from 17, and possibly trade Dillon for 2nd rounder and then we'd be looking at having 5 to six picks on the first day....That would go a long way to turning this team into a long term winner.

Interesting, but not without peril! I dunno... :blink:

Very Very good indeed Billy... Peril... and it comes at a high price... the additional picks would have a tremendous effect on the salary cap. let's say in all our draft fantasies.. we get the 41st pick or 45th pick from either Denver or Oakland.

--we pick up 1.5 million in cap room this year. so that puts us on the plus...but 1/2 of that will go back towards the rookie cap which means we only pick up 750,000 for each one.Second round picks carry a high signing bonus.. plus the nfl average is a general raise of about 10% at each selected pick from the previous year.

---If we pick up an additional pick in round 2 from trading down, then we lose the other 1/2 of 1.5 + 10 % for that pick as well..

---Last year we had a rookie cap around 5.6 million. that was because we were picking so high in each round. Starting out with only 3 million towards the rookies.. means that we're gonna have to cut at least a veteran or 2 just to sign the draftees.

Other teams find a way to get it done. I am soo tired of hearing what we can't do.. step up and figure it out.

We have what 5 or 6 players gone and signed 2 so now what??????

Yeah, and like Chris said....a lot of these teams havent picked in the Top 5 for a billion consecutive years straight either......I

You guys seem to forget the history of Mikey Brown.......how dam cheap he is. How many draft choices were not signed

before August and people were let go because they voiced

their opinion. Yes, I'm on board with Marvin. But Mikey Boy

has alot to prove.....

I have heard that company line bull#### to many times before.

The guy has had the best deal in the NFL and can't get right.

The City has cut him him the sweetest of all deals.

And not they are goingt to sue his ass to get some of it back...

Excuse the Rage!