VINCENT SIGNS!!!!!!!!!

JonFnKitna

Well, I would love to see the Bengals sign some people...But I don't want to see them overpay, and that's what happens when you sign "quality" players in the first few weeks of free agency

I also think that after such an improvement last year, that a lot of us were expecting a "washington" free agency....I think Marvins plan is to build with the draft, get a few players via free agency and establish a strong core for the team....The problem is, after so long having Mikey in charge, we aren't willing to wait to suceed, we want to win now

And yeah, the silence we are getting from the team is enough to piss me off

Kev, these are great points. Maybe I should be a little patient. I just hope things turn around; after all most of us deserve a team that will win expectedly than surprisingly. Actually, we deserve a lot for sticking by the Bengals for 13 years.

I say we draft one or two DB's with smarts and ability in the middle rounds, and groom them into the top DB's of tomorrow!

But we did that with Weathersby, why would we need to draft three corners in two drafts? I don't see change, just public relations relief. I might be the first to criticize the Marvin plan in his sophomore year, yet, I don't see the change needed to better this team.

Have to agree with Kev ... Chris ... et. al. I'd have liked to see some good signings, and maybe we would have if we could've unloaded Dillon in time. Marvin does have this thing about overpaying people though ............ which may go a long way toward explaining why Mikey hired him in the first place.

I hated seeing Burris leave, and the only reason I wouldn't want to see him back would be for his own health. If he's going to play anyway tho, it might as well be here. Everyone may be writing Weathersby off a little too soon as well. Obviously he'll be healthy this year ...... and he was touted as the proto- typical type cb that Lewis and Frazier both coveted so .... lets see what we got before we give up the ship so to speak.

Last good point that was made was about veterans being released. Should be some good players that pop up out of that group and we should be a little more settled financially speaking by then as well.

Very True, Weathersby was given a 1st round grade last year by numerous NFL Related sources... Ourlads'...Drugstore List, etc... ----he's 6-1 204 and can run 4.31 (40). He has the physical skills, and he'll basically be coming off a red-shirt year. It's not like he didn't play. He'll be given his chance to start and we do have other options come June 1st.

I would feel better about this if we had at least one proven CB. Perhaps we can get Burris back at a reduced price.

I'm not too broke up about Vincent though. He is heading into his 13th season and played alot of years on that bad turf in Philly...for some reason the name Ken Griffey keeps popping into my head.

I don't know that much about Taylor though so I don't know if that is a great loss or not. I wonder if they could've signed him if they had unloaded Dillon's salary.

However I still think the key is pressuring the passer. We really need to get more push up front and that can hide many deficiencies at DB.

I do believe that we are not done yet. Remember last year there was a lull in the activities and then they signed a bunch of guys. Hopefully they will sign Brock Marion and trade Dillon so they can begin positioning themselves for the draft.

I would feel better about this if we had at least one proven CB. Perhaps we can get Burris back at a reduced price.

Fact is, we do have a proven cb. Burris is gone but James is still here.

Herring is a good adition and Beckett was a really nice surprise last year. Last I knew it still looked good to get him back or to sign Marion. The key to helping all thes guys though is to get that pressure up the middle that we didn't have last year.

As to Vincent not signing, I don't blame him. Buffalo gave him a 6 year deal, and everything I heard about the Bengals was pointing to 3 years. Buffalo had one of the top rated d's last year, so you have to figure they know what they're doing ...... but a 6 year deal for a 32 year old db really stretches credibility. Gotta feelin that this one is going to come back and bite 'em just like the Bledsoe deal did.

We coulda done better ............... but we're still in pretty good shape. You have to remember that this is only year 2 of what is going to turn into a complete rebulding of the team. Last years rookies will be given a chance to perform and if they don't ........ then they'll be next years former players. Don't think this is over by a longshot.

I would feel better about this if we had at least one proven CB.  Perhaps we can get Burris back at a reduced price. 

Fact is, we do have a proven cb. Burris is gone but James is still here.

Yep...you are right...somehow James slipped my mind. :(