1st day picks

I didn't even bother trying to mock the 2nd day, thats just crazy.

This is assuming Dillon is traded to Oakland for their 2nd, I know they're trying to hold their ground and get him for a 3rd, but Marvin ain't no pushover.

This is also assuming a veteran CB is signed (i.e. Vincent or Taylor hopefully)

1.) Randy Starks DT: Will Smith's, Tommie Harris's and Wilfork's stocks are rising rapidly, and Udeze probably won't drop close to us, even though some scouts speculate that Starks could end up being the best of the DTs. Starks would put a physical presence up front and be a disruptive force against the run and pass. The only CB i would consider here is DeAngelo Hall, and his stock is rising as well. Gamble is a great prospect, but i am not keen on paying a DB big bucks who isn't going to start right away, and Gamble is not a finished product.

2a.) Jake Grove C/G: With Bober going to the Cheifs there seems to be no good FA centers left. It would be unwise to start a rookie center with an inexperienced QB, so Grove will most likely play some guard to replace Goff and gain experience.

2b.) Ahmad Carroll CB: Has great physical abilities and potential. Would be a good nickle/dime corner and would be groomed to start in a year or two.

3.) Dontarrious Thomas MLB: Would be a steal and is added insurance if either Webster at MLB or Hardy at SLB don't perform well. Simmons, Thomas, and Webster would be one of the fastest LBs corps in the league.

I know ya don't see a RB, but that's what the 4th round is for, don't forget we will probably get a 4th or 5th compensation pick for Takeo Spikes.

I like it, but I think Ahmad Carroll's stock is rising because of his workouts, his game film might tell a different story.His speed is what's selling him right now.

I like Starks, I like Grove, but I think I would do it like this if Possible.

1. Randy Starks....----trade down...to New England.( I have to think that N.E. will start getting nervous after the Bucs pick ,and want to make sure they can get Jackson or Jones. If they offer at least a 2nd. I'll trade down to 21 ,stay in front of Dallas and draft Starks there.

2.(a)-----Antwan Odom-----De stock has kind of balanced back to being a late 1st early second. Seahawks got Winstrom ,and Pack will probably go after a Qb or Marquise Hill... Odom is a year away from being a complete end.( picked in Oakland's spot.)

2.(B)-----Jake Grove .....----Our normal pick # 50 brings us our next center .I think Grove could turn out to be our Blair Bush and man the center position for 10 years.

2.©------Joey Thomas cb Montana St.---(N.E. pick)... Thomas is a very good corner with size and speed. 6-1,195 4.42 .Knock on him is he comes from smaller division, but he was a standout at the Senior Bowl,and was one of the stronger cb's at the combine.

3. Maurice Clarett-----Yeah Yeah Yeah I know... but the kid can run and could really push Rudi if he struggles.

don't forget we will probably get a 4th or 5th compensation pick for Takeo Spikes.

-

-

-

I'm researching this.. Too my knowlege, we don't get a compensation pick for Spikes. I could be wrong, but since he was "transitioned" and not Franchised, we lost any draft compensation when we didn't match his offer from the Bills.

Also , I was under the belief that compensation picks are handed out in rounds 3 or 7. But like I' said.. i'm researching this.

don't forget we will probably get a 4th or 5th compensation pick for Takeo Spikes.

-

-

-

I'm researching this.. Too my knowlege, we don't get a compensation pick for Spikes. I could be wrong, but since he was "transitioned" and not Franchised, we lost any draft compensation when we didn't match his offer from the Bills.

Also , I was under the belief that compensation picks are handed out in rounds 3 or 7. But like I' said.. i'm researching this.

I believe the type of compensation is given from the NFL, and really it can be where ever they decide....It's for the transition tag....Franchise tags get picks from the club that signs the player...I read a brief comment about compensation picks for transition players in an article about Tait going to the Bears and why the Chiefs used the transition tag....but no real info, only mentioned that they hope to get one for him.....So what that means I don't know.

from NFL.Com

Transition players

One player with three or more accrued seasons has been designated as a transition player. The old club has a right of first refusal but no right of compensation to the player listed below. A transition player designation gives the old club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires. If the club matches, it retains the player. If it does not match, it receives no compensation.