University of Kentucky on the march...

BengalszoneBilly

The Wildcats of Kentucky spanked South Carolina 78-63 and will head into the Sec Championship game against Florida. The way Coach Tubby Smith has "The Big Blue" playing, I don't see Florida as having too much of a chance to upset them! We'll see on Sunday! GO U.K.!!

The Wildcats of Kentucky spanked South Carolina 78-63 and will head into the Sec Championship game against Florida. The way Coach Tubby Smith has "The Big Blue" playing, I don't see Florida as having too much of a chance to upset them! We'll see on Sunday! GO U.K.!!

Question -- Why in the hell doesn't UC ever play UK? That would be HUGE! Congrats to UK and hopefully they win the SEC.

Question -- Why in the hell doesn't UC ever play UK? That would be HUGE

During each teams regular season, it's unlikely, but now with both teams in the tourney, it could happen, but only in the later rounds, but still, it could happen although unlikely. I'd sure like to see it!

Question -- Why in the hell doesn't UC ever play UK?  That would be HUGE

During each teams regular season, it's unlikely, but now with both teams in the tourney, it could happen, but only in the later rounds, but still, it could happen although unlikely. I'd sure like to see it!

I just wonder if we play X, then why can't we play UC? Seems to me that UK is afraid.. :D

Oh those jerks! They put the game on the same time as the Nascar race!!

UK basketball versus Nascar...Nascar versus UK basketball!! Time to flip a coin, or go buy a television with picture in picture!! :lol:

I must say that I like Kentucky's chances to get to the final four. :)

Tubby has taken this team from an iffy six man rotation to a solid 8-10. They're playing good basketball and look to be having a whole lot of fun.

Three weeks more of basketball and then the nfl draft will be around the corner. :blink:

It looks like UK and UC will not meet until the finals. <_<

I just wonder if we play X, then why can't we play UC? Seems to me that UK is afraid..

Do your homework Josh. Does stall ball ring a bell? If your a real BBfan you'll remember. Back in the day when UC struggled to put 2,000 fans in the stands at the now US Bank arena they played UK and tried to play stall ball. They still lost and pissed a lot of people off. UC has come a long way but they still have rainy day fans and are not in the class of UK. Look at our schedule, we fear no one and that includes wannabees! We are elite and they are not! ;)

I just wonder if we play X, then why can't we play UC? Seems to me that UK is afraid..

Do your homework Josh. Does stall ball ring a bell? If your a real BBfan you'll remember. Back in the day when UC struggled to put 2,000 fans in the stands at the now US Bank arena they played UK and tried to play stall ball. They still lost and pissed a lot of people off. UC has come a long way but they still have rainy day fans and are not in the class of UK. Look at our schedule, we fear no one and that includes wannabees! We are elite and they are not! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

I had forgotten about the stall ball game. I seem to recall a contract being negated after that one. <_<

I'm not a "real basketball fan", whatever that means. I don't care about UC and I don't care about UK. I'm making an observation about the teams today. It's funny how both sides get pissed off about one little comment. I think it's hilarious.

BTW - what does stall ball mean?

I remember the stall ball techniques of one Tony Yates, didnt do him or the Bearcats much good. That is in fact why the contract ended between the schools. And nowadays, the game would make tons of sense from a fan perspective, but makes no sense to Kentucky. They have enough rivals to worry about already in Louisville, Indiana and some SEC foes.

And the march continues for UK! The Wildcats dispatched a tenacious Florida A&M in their first round win!! What an offensive show! 96-76!?! They almost broke the century mark! Almost unheard of in college ball. Still too early to say who'll they'll play in the second round. I imagine it'll be Alabama, but who knows. GO WILDCATS!!