Omar Jacobs

I watched Omar Jacobs play up here in Bowling Green for the last two years and I believe he has the skills to transfer into a good starting quarterback for some NFL team. I realize we are not in the position to draft a QB in the second or third rouind when he is expected to go. I was just wondering what your guys opinions on him are.

Yeah its in the MAC.

Up here I am limited as to what games I can watch. I usually have to go to watch the Bengals play at a bar. The Lions are always on TV so I would like to see him get drafted by them cause they have sorta become my NFC team.

I think Jacobs will need to be on the right team but could be a starter in his second season, similar to Frye in Cleveland.

Hey is Debenidetdo's sub shop still open, it was across from Harsh/Anderson Quad?

I spent alot of time in there and Quarters pub right around the corner in the late 80's.

Jacobs will be yet another in a long line of MAC QBs to thrive in the NFL then.

Josh Betts babay!

Big guy with a HUGE arm and a good brain... I'd love to see our Bengals snag him in the 6th or 7th rounds assuming we've covered our greater needs before hand.

I think Jacobs will need to be on the right team but could be a starter in his second season, similar to Frye in Cleveland.

Hey is Debenidetdo's sub shop still open, it was across from Harsh/Anderson Quad?

I spent alot of time in there and Quarters pub right around the corner in the late 80's.

Debendetdo's is still there. I have never been there personally but if you are suggesting it maybe I will take a chance and try it.

As for Quarters it is definetly still their, although as of recently it is under new management and a believe they have remodeled it. Actually had my first drink as a legal 21 yr. old their about 2 years ago.

As for Bowling Green I would suggest it to anyone that is considering colleges or maybe has children that are about to graduate from high school. It has given me the distance from home that UC or Xavier would not have been able to. But at the same time it is close enough that I can pretty much come home any weekend that I want. The only downside is that their are a large number of Browns fans up there and a ever growing number of Squeeler fans. But if you go to BWs on any given Sunday you will defintely find some stripes.

Sorry this isn't really the place to be discussing this but like I said early in this thread I maybe a little bias.

WHO DEY

GO FALCONS

Pandre, I feel the same way about Miami. It's just far enough away that you are definately away from home, but yet close enough that you can come down to Cincy even on a weekday to visit.

Unfortunatly, it seems that since I went there, they changed the team from the Redskins to the Redhawks, and are now feeding their football stars something that turns them into utter jackasses....

Yeah I agree with the problem with his mechanics. It was funny when I would watched him on TV when they played Wisconsin every time he would throw a good pass for some yardage or a TD they announcers would talk about how 'this kid is great' and 'he has a run for the Heisman'. But when he would throw an incomplete pass they would always bring up his mechanics.

If you guys do not know what we are talking about Jacobs has the tendancy to throw somewhat with a sidearm throw.

I personally see him getting drafted as high as the second round because he is ranked as the fourth best QB in he draft and their are a few teams that might be willing to take a chance on him (i.e. Cardnials and Lions)

I want to say he has because I know he was at the combine and participated in it.

I actually saw him the Tuesday afterwards on campus and wanted to ask him how things went but I figured that would be kinda weird since I do not know him at all.

Bowling Green is widely considered the Harvard of Northwest Wood County Ohio.

God I love that place. Graduated in 1994 and still migrate back once a year for

a reunion with fraternity brothers. Many fond memories of Marks (the old underage

bar...now a sub shop), Easy Street, Trotters, Downtown, etc....

I think Jacobs looks to be a better pro prospect than the last BG qb...name escapes

me.

However, for my money, I would still rather have Bramlet than a rookie at

3rd string qb. Bramlet seemed to be effective in the preseason and had

some size to him.