Bengals free agent review

jjakq27

I believe Hobson also had the Bengals wanting to re-sign Anthony Mitchell. :wacko:

Mitchell can play special teams but he's of no value defensively, which is why Ohalete was in there ahead of him when Madieu went down. But if he's Marvin's buddy and they get the vet relief off him, plus what he might offer in the locker room as a leader, then I guess he'll return for another year in stripes doing next to nothing.

I really don't think that they need to re-sign more UFAs than Kitna and Watson....maybe Bauman. If the Bengals like Jeanty enough, he ought to replace Wilkins at half the cap hit.

All the RFAs should definitely be tendered. If the Bengals don't intend to draft an impact 3rd WR like Demetrius Williams, then I would guess that they keep K-Dub and not let him go for a 3rd round pick. The Bengals will be 1 play away from a major problem if Chad or Housh go down. At least K-Dub has proven he's capable of some production and would continue to be if Dopey Henry is either gone for part or all of the 2006 season.

Wilkins is one of our special teams aces, he lead in tackles and is 2nd over 2 years here. I want him back badly, he's the reason we were 2nd in kickoff coverage along with bauman, ratliff and walters.

Special teams wins games, and IMO wilkins will return, if given base salary over 3 years and like a $300k signing bonus.

i may be biased, cause He's one of my favorite players.

I believe Hobson also had the Bengals wanting to re-sign Anthony Mitchell. :wacko:

Mitchell can play special teams but he's of no value defensively, which is why Ohalete was in there ahead of him when Madieu went down. But if he's Marvin's buddy and they get the vet relief off him, plus what he might offer in the locker room as a leader, then I guess he'll return for another year in stripes doing next to nothing.

I really don't think that they need to re-sign more UFAs than Kitna and Watson....maybe Bauman. If the Bengals like Jeanty enough, he ought to replace Wilkins at half the cap hit.

All the RFAs should definitely be tendered. If the Bengals don't intend to draft an impact 3rd WR like Demetrius Williams, then I would guess that they keep K-Dub and not let him go for a 3rd round pick. The Bengals will be 1 play away from a major problem if Chad or Housh go down. At least K-Dub has proven he's capable of some production and would continue to be if Dopey Henry is either gone for part or all of the 2006 season.

Right on about Mitchell, if you can't play over Ohalate, than that is saying something.... :wacko:

The Bengals def. will keep Washington, I don't think we will get anything good form him in compesation.