Rodney Harrison ss

El Tigere

There is talk that he might be released to save cap room! The pats think they have a replacement for him already.

I know he is up in age but if this guy can come back from his injury he can still play!

Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

I still think we should draft one but he could come in right away and give our defense a lift.

It would be nice to see him take out Hines Ward or any Steeler running across the middle.

I would like to see Hines try to smile after he took a shot from Rodney let alone walk.....................

Please sign him!!!!!!!!!! We need a bad ass safety!

It would be nice to see him take out Hines Ward or any Steeler running across the middle.

I would like to see Hines try to smile after he took a shot from Rodney let alone walk.....................

Please sign him!!!!!!!!!! We need a bad ass safety!

Yeah, it would be nice to see him cry like a b&^%h again... :lmao::lmao:

20050124DSsteelershines_450.jpg

i would like to see him in stripes because he has a history of kicking steeler ass :bengal:

Harrison would be a great pick up for the Bengals, seeing as it's one of their biggest needs, but do you think that New England is actually going to release him?

Marvin does like that type of safety.com

Not true. His safeties have to possess good cover skills. Harrison is an aging in-the-box safety with bad wheels. Michael Huff of Texas would be ML's ideal safety. Too bad he'll be long gone by the time the Bengals pick in round 1.

There are 4 ligaments in the human knee. Harrison tore 3 of them. An aging Safety in his 30's with a knee full of hamburger... Sign him up! It's not like Palmer who is a QB, he doesnt need speed. Safety needs his speed, and no way in hell will he ever be a decent player again. He may as well retire.

While we are at it let's sign Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis so we can have a defense full of washed up over the hill players making huge money and killing our cap space, great ideas all around!?!?! Genious I tell ya!

Yo! Marvin does NOT like in the box safeties. He likes guys who tackle with the best safeties in the league but also sover like a corner. I love Harrison, but he doesn't fit the mold.

Harrison would be a great pick up for the Bengals, seeing as it's one of their biggest needs, but do you think that New England is actually going to release him?

*cough* Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy *cough*

Yo! Marvin does NOT like in the box safeties. He likes guys who tackle with the best safeties in the league but also sover like a corner. I love Harrison, but he doesn't fit the mold.

True but there is sometimes you have to go against what you think works and go with what works, in this case Harrison is what works.

I think Marvin took a chance with Shaun Smith...and lok how well he did.

Lewis didn;t want a huge massive DT, but wow Smith is that and he's played above my aspirations.

Hell yeah they let players go before Rod....

Im stoned nd confused blue ridge. Are you agreeing with me. An in the box ss is what harrison is. Marvin likes interchangable DBs. Harrison doesnt fit the bill. Archueletea does.

"Hey Spainster, good to see you on here again..... :sure:

Isn't NE doing goodf in Cap Room? I don't think they will release him, and if they did, it would be pointless for us to pick him up because he could only play a good year, maybe two.

If the cap data for the Pats is close onthis link:

http://www.patscap.com/

It looks like the Pats would only save $800k by cutting Rodney. Looks like the large savings would be had off McGinest and Duane Starks with lesser ones off Chad Brown, Larry Izzo, and Tyrone Poole.

Capwise, last I read the Pats were at zero under/over based on $92 mill.

I'd say Bill keeps Rodney if he's healthy because even an old, hurt Rodney would be better than using Artrell Hawkins again. :lol: Guss Scott is proly the next in line at SS but I think he got hurt last year too.