Is earndhardt jr goin to have a breakout year?

beckko

will he have a good year?

Well I think it would have to be better than last season. Now wheather or not it will be improved enough to make the Chase will remain to be seen. I doubt Daytona will be a good indicator either. It's how he runs on all the non-restrictor plate tracks. That was his major problem IMO.

will he have a good year?

Well I think it would have to be better than last season. Now wheather or not it will be improved enough to make the Chase will remain to be seen. I doubt Daytona will be a good indicator either. It's how he runs on all the non-restrictor plate tracks. That was his major problem IMO.

Jr. is beaming with confidence, isn't he?

He's definitely sayin all the right things, but i'll agree with Billybroome. His true test won't come until the two races following Daytona. California and Las vegas are the type of tracks where he seems to struggle.

He's gonna have to gel a little better with his team in order to win consistently, though. He's a bit of a spoiled brat and it seems to show on race day. If they can win and/or run well in the first 8-10 races and maintain team confidence, then the sky's the limit.

He's a bit of a spoiled brat and it seems to show on race day.

Spoiled? Hell yeah. All the advantages of starting your career racing for D.E.I. would tend to spoil anyone!

Brat. Hell no. These two brothers epitomize the word "brat" in Nascar. sports.jpg

Poor Rusty seems to be dealing with "Brat Stereo" in that picture!

Every NASCAR driver today is spoiled. Every driver that comes into the sport gets primo equipment... Denny Hamlin is, and should be, spoiled. That's the sport today.

However, I don't think Jr. is a brat. He's usually respectful to other drivers on the track and rarely, if ever, invokes his name.

Jr. had some good runs towards the end of last season at Atlanta and Texas -- both areo tracks. He was top-five in the spring Phoenix and crashed in the fall race. His car, the one that Mikey used in the spring race, is his again and he's won the fall Phoenix race in 2 of the past 3 fall races.

I do think he'll get into the Chase this season. Whether or not he'll win as many races as he's predicting, well, I don't know. I didn't think he'd win Chicago -- or any race last season -- and he did.

He better win this season, the ride on the old man's name is just about to end if he cant back up any of the speculation of greatness with something.

My prediction: average driver that may push for a championship now and then but never pull it off. Of course I am biased, I watch to see him and Kurt Busch lose.

That's the thing. I don't think he rides his father's name. Sure, his name helped him get a gig through his father's company. And maybe he did ride his dad's name while Sr. was alive. But I think he's shown long afterwards that he deserved to be in the sport -- he was a chaser in '04, third in points in '03 -- and is making a name for himself.

PS, it's good to have NASCAR back!

No ride Kirk, come on you put it better than I could argue that he rode his name into the spotlight and has not yet backed up any of it yet.

He is the next Mark Martin, he will always have the possiblity of winning it all but he wont in the end.

You can also put Peyton Manning in that statement also.

That's the thing. I don't think he rides his father's name. Sure, his name helped him get a gig through his father's company. And maybe he did ride his dad's name while Sr. was alive. But I think he's shown long afterwards that he deserved to be in the sport -- he was a chaser in '04, third in points in '03 -- and is making a name for himself.

PS, it's good to have NASCAR back!

Interesting to see what Jr. does if Childress resurrects the #3 car. See if Jr. has his name invoked FOR him...

No ride Kirk, come on you put it better than I could argue that he rode his name into the spotlight and has not yet backed up any of it yet.

He is the next Mark Martin, he will always have the possiblity of winning it all but he wont in the end.

You can also put Peyton Manning in that statement also.

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell and I was fired from my weather forecasting job six months ago.

C'mon, let's give credit where's it due. He won six races in '04 (only Jimmie Johnson won more) and if it weren't for two crashes back-to-back, and finished in the top-10 in those races, he would have won the championship. And, fairly, his struggle last season was more than just a driver issue.

I'm not by any means a Jr. apologist.

Interesting to see what Jr. does if Childress resurrects the #3 car. See if Jr. has his name invoked FOR him...

Well obviously. Childress won't resurrect the #3 without an Earnhardt in the car. And Jr. would like to do it.. if you were a racer and your dad died at his favorite track, I'm sure you'd honor him as Jr. wants to do with his dad and his loyal fans. But he's made no indication he's going to skip camp to do it. Like he's said, he'd like to stay and win at DEI and run the #3 car (mostly for fans) at the end of his career.

Every NASCAR driver today is spoiled.

Close. I think there's still two guys holding out. Ward Burton,

whataboutthebeaver.jpg

And Jimmy Spencer. Not This Jimmy Spencer:

090197spencer_500x325.jpg

THIS Jimmy Spencer:

spencer2kh.jpg

Almost as confusing as this Tony Stewart:

3870448_36_2.jpg

And the Bengals Tony Stewart:

image_1150999.jpg

The biggest difference between those two IMO is that Nascar's Tony has hit more people physically than the Bengals Tony!