Dillon to Oakland?

jamesbrooks21

ya boy is back!

nah, its good to hear a trade between the raiders and bengals, but I wouldnt accept ANYTHING less than a 3rd....and a conditional pick in the 2005 draft....cmon now, this aint some cookie cutter runningback were talking about here....this is a elite back....now i dont give a f**k what you think about him...he's proven, and his injury wasn't THAT serious, evidenced by him playing this year....gimme a break, everybodys down on the dude, but we'll see how down everyone is when he bounces back next season...f**k the chip on his shoulder, its grafted on....he's just a moody dude....oh well....it kills me to think GM's in this league think they can get him for magic beans and s**t... :angry: don't play us...we aint getting hosed because were the bengals, cough up a respectable trade then well talk, ya punk bitches! B)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chrish: I saw the Denver blurb but my gut tells me that's just Shanahan trying to scare/force the Raiders into giving up a higher pick than they otherwise might to get CD. Which is, of course, cool with me. I still think a 2nd is a pipe dream, tho; however, I could see something like the Raiders' fourth-rounder and a swap of our and their second-round picks.

That could be the case, but I think Denver might be a little scared of facing Dillon twice a year as well....Plus with the legit heat between Shanahan and Al they could get into a mini bidding war just to try to keep the other team from getting CD.....

You know, there just might be something to this rumor....I've noticed that bengals.com hasn't so much as mentioned it....Normally they will at least comment on something, especially if it isn't true.

ya boy is back!

nah, its good to hear a trade between the raiders and bengals, but I wouldnt accept ANYTHING less than a 3rd....and a conditional pick in the 2005 draft....cmon now, this aint some cookie cutter runningback were talking about here....this is a elite back....now i dont give a f**k what you think about him...he's proven, and his injury wasn't THAT serious, evidenced by him playing this year....gimme a break, everybodys down on the dude, but we'll see how down everyone is when he bounces back next season...f**k the chip on his shoulder, its grafted on....he's just a moody dude....oh well....it kills me to think GM's in this league think they can get him for magic beans and s**t... :angry: don't play us...we aint getting hosed because were the bengals, cough up a respectable trade then well talk, ya punk bitches! B)

best post ive seen since ive been at this forum. :ph34r:

To be honest with you though, i wouldnt take anything less than a 2nd and another pick mb a 5th or a conditional pick in 2005. Hes a good back, a DAMN good back. We shouldnt settle for the first nibble at the worm, marvin needs to show patience and wisdom and dangle that b**ch till a whale bites. I gaurantee if we wait we will have a nice bidding war where only the bengals win. :D

Nice link about Denver having interest in Dillon too. I think we will be able to get a second rounder for him.

Link to article:

Denver looking at disgruntled runner

By Darrell Trimble

NFL Insider

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1756684

The relationship between the Cincinnati Bengals and Corey Dillon has been extremely combustible. But with nobody on the roster seemingly ready to replace the talented tailback the Bengals seemed to be married to their only productive player, no matter how disruptive he was.

Then along came Rudi Johnson. With Dillon rendered ineffective due to various injuries, Johnson rushed for 957 yards, scored nine touchdowns and averaged 4.5 yards per carry. That performance freed up the Bengals to trade Dillon, who is one of only four players in NFL history to rush for at least 1,000 yards in his first six seasons.

Surprisingly, teams haven't been rushing to make a deal for the 29-year-old runner. But that may be about to change.

Corey Dillon could be Clinton Portis' replacement in Denver.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals and Raiders are closing in on an agreement that would send Dillon to Oakland in exchange for a third- or fourth-round pick. A deal could be completed within the next 48 hours.

The Bengals would like to get a second-round pick for Dillon, and the Broncos have recently made it known they are considering entering the fray. Denver does like Quentin Griffin, but they are looking to bring in a veteran back.

Dillon would give Denver a proven NFL performer, something Griffin isn't. At 5-foot-7 and 195 pounds Griffin, has only one start to his name and averaged 3.7 yards a carry in his rookie season.

The Broncos have an extra second-round pick from the Clinton Portis trade. By using that pick to secure Dillon, Denver will in effect have traded Portis for Dillon and Champ Bailey, which would be an excellent exchange. The last two years of Dillon's contract are worth $3.3 million and $3.85 million in base salaries, a palatable amount for someone of his caliber.

For his part, Dillon wants to come to Colorado. His agent, Steve Feldman, is hoping Broncos coach Mike Shanahan calls him.

"Corey would love to run for the Denver Broncos," Feldman said more than a week ago. "I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed that we hear from them as soon as a deal goes down."

Fans in Denver are familiar with Dillon's work. Though they've tried to wipe it from their collective memories, his then-NFL record 278 yards rushing on Oct. 22, 2000 no doubt made an impact.

With a fresh start on a winning team, Dillon could become a more agreeable person and once again make Denver's offense dangerous.

Is that what you get when you pay for espn insider? Sheesh, we manage better barely-informed speculation around here! I see only one new leaf to add to the tea, which is the extreme tentativeness with which Denver's name is attached to CD ("I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we hear from them," says CD's agent. Translation: puh-leexe, someone call, CD doesn't want to go to the new worst team in football!!!). I just dont think there's much there...but we will see.

Wow, so most of you want to get rid of Dillon, but you are picky about what's in return. Why do we need a 2nd or 3rd round pick? Here's another idea; take the money that you release (or trade for a 5th or even 6th) Dillon with and pick up a FA that's probably way better than any 3rd pick and has actually played in the NFL.

You know, I used to be as big a Dillon fan as anyone. Then his constant bashing of my favorite team really pissed me off. When I'm at a bar drinking with the ol' captain, and someone tells me the Bengals suck, I get a little offended. I want retribution. I want retribution for Dillon s**tting on my team!

Wow, so most of you want to get rid of Dillon, but you are picky about what's in return. Why do we need a 2nd or 3rd round pick? Here's another idea; take the money that you release (or trade for a 5th or even 6th) Dillon with and pick up a FA that's probably way better than any 3rd pick and has actually played in the NFL.

You know, I used to be as big a Dillon fan as anyone. Then his constant bashing of my favorite team really pissed me off. When I'm at a bar drinking with the ol' captain, and someone tells me the Bengals suck, I get a little offended. I want retribution. I want retribution for Dillon s**tting on my team!

i disagree. Dillon was a star. He was our best known player for 7 years. He did everything for us. So what your saying is, with one bad season of gripes you think a probowl caliber player drops his value to a 5th rounder? youre nuts! If we are gonna lose him, we need a good young player in return, otherwise a 2nd rounder. Getting a 5th rounder and freeing up money is the worst idea ive heard, and here is why. A 5th rounder is either a backup or a practice squad guy and getting a FA usually means they are a Backup or old for the money that will be free'd up from Dillon. That is not a good trade for dillon to say the least.

If we cant get a 2nd rounder, keep him is my vote.

Works for me. I've been saying all along that anything is better than nothing, and I would rather have CD's $3 million working on the field instead of sulking on the bench. If we have to spend that much on a guy with injury and attitude problems, hell, let's sign Daryl Gardner.

Wow, so most of you want to get rid of Dillon, but you are picky about what's in return.  Why do we need a 2nd or 3rd round pick?  Here's another idea; take the money that you release (or trade for a 5th or even 6th) Dillon with and pick up a FA that's probably way better than any 3rd pick and has actually played in the NFL.

You know, I used to be as big a Dillon fan as anyone.  Then his constant bashing of my favorite team really pissed me off.  When I'm at a bar drinking with the ol' captain, and someone tells me the Bengals suck, I get a little offended.  I want retribution.  I want retribution for Dillon s**tting on my team!

i disagree. Dillon was a star. He was our best known player for 7 years. He did everything for us. So what your saying is, with one bad season of gripes you think a probowl caliber player drops his value to a 5th rounder? youre nuts! If we are gonna lose him, we need a good young player in return, otherwise a 2nd rounder. Getting a 5th rounder and freeing up money is the worst idea ive heard, and here is why. A 5th rounder is either a backup or a practice squad guy and getting a FA usually means they are a Backup or old for the money that will be free'd up from Dillon. That is not a good trade for dillon to say the least.

Word....but what ive heard is the bidding war might escalate between Denver and Oakland, as they are hated rivals and they play each other twice a year....Dillon twice a year isnt good news, ask the Raiders about that....so it might work in our favor...

Just reading that article makes me yearn for the good old days of Corey's excellence. Ya' think we could maybe trick him into a lobotomy, remove the a**h***/attitude factor, and return him to productivity? Guess not. :(

Wow, so most of you want to get rid of Dillon, but you are picky about what's in return.  Why do we need a 2nd or 3rd round pick?  Here's another idea; take the money that you release (or trade for a 5th or even 6th) Dillon with and pick up a FA that's probably way better than any 3rd pick and has actually played in the NFL.

You know, I used to be as big a Dillon fan as anyone.  Then his constant bashing of my favorite team really pissed me off.  When I'm at a bar drinking with the ol' captain, and someone tells me the Bengals suck, I get a little offended.  I want retribution.  I want retribution for Dillon s**tting on my team!

Sorry got to side with Kirk on this one. I can take people who aren't fans talking badly about my team. What I can't take and the easiest way to the top of my s**tlist is to turncoat. I hate a traitor and that is what Dillon is.

Dillon was indeed our best known player, but it wasn't all for his running. He was just as well known for being an attitude and discipline problem. That is why he didn't go higher in the draft in the first place. This isn't a one time occurrence either. Remember " I'd rather flip burgers at McDonalds than play for the Bengals " ??? That was him too.

It only takes one time of pulling off your uniform and throwing it away as far as I'm concerned. As far as I'm concerned Corey Dillon is deceased.

Dillon was a star. He was our best known player for 7 years. He did everything for us.

What exactly has he done? He's a self-promoted stats star! He doesn't give a damn if we win or not, ie walking off the field while Coslet was telling him to stay in. As RedsFan pointed out, he'd rather flip burgers! We've never had a winning record while he was here. Record of 34-62 while he was a Bengal. Has he given us hope? Nope. Has he given us commitment? Nope. Has he given us loyalty? Nope (btw before you guys say, well he was re-signed, no team wanted him).

He may have been great by himself, but he never helped us win. The 34-62 record is evident of that.

What would he do for us if we kept him this year? Another split RB situation? That didn't help last season while he was "healthy".

Sorry, I'd rather release him straight up than to think our star running back complains and insults our team to every camera that glorifies him.

PS, I apologize if I sounded harsh, insulting, or attacked anyone.

I can hardly blame Dillon for our lack of wins.....34-62 is the result of poor management,coaching,and recruiting in Free Agency.... The Bengals at one time were a sure thing as long as Dillon got 22 carries...and everyone remembers that !!

As for his tirades.... I can't blame him for every s**tty thing that came out of his mouth... He wasn't the first to bad mouth his team, and he won't be the last. After 12 years of ridiculousness....and patheticness....I'd be griping and bitching too after having a seemingly over-nite turn around only to miss it because I was injured and replaced !...

The guy has put 2 Bengal jerseys into the Hall of Fame, I can forgive him... but I'm not gonna let emotion get in the way of good business.. He's 29 with a lot of football left, and we should at least get a 2nd rounder for him considering how he's performed on the field.

-------Hell we got a 4th rounder for Curtis Keaton.. I know damn well we better get a 2nd for Dillon...!!

I can hardly blame Dillon for our lack of wins.....34-62 is the result of poor management,coaching,and recruiting in Free Agency.... The Bengals at one time were a sure thing as long as Dillon got 22 carries...and everyone remembers that !!

As for his tirades.... I can't blame him for every s**tty thing that came out of his mouth... He wasn't the first to bad mouth his team, and he won't be the last. After 12 years of ridiculousness....and patheticness....I'd be griping and bitching too after having a seemingly over-nite turn around only to miss it because I was injured and replaced !...

The guy has put 2 Bengal jerseys into the Hall of Fame, I can forgive him... but I'm not gonna let emotion get in the way of good business.. He's 29 with a lot of football left, and we should at least get a 2nd rounder for him considering how he's performed on the field.

-------Hell we got a 4th rounder for Curtis Keaton.. I know damn well we better get a 2nd for Dillon...!!

I can understand your view Chris and I respect it.

However, if the Bengals are truly going to move towards a path of change, then Dillon needs to go. He's the last link towards the dark age, and he proved it in 2003.

Hey I agree with you Kirk,, I really do, I'm just a hustler.. I want bang for my Buck...

In my eyes I can see Dillon coming back.. apologizing (again), and starting over Rudi..

I can also see Rudi struggling, and every other conceivable scenario happening..

But business is Business... Whoever Dillon goes to , he's gonna' get them 1000 yards I know it.. while it may not be as hard as it was before to get a 1000 yard season because so many backs do it now.. It still takes hard work to achieve it though.. !

If Denver or Oakland are serious( Keep hoping N.E.-sticks their nose into it as well ), then the least I'm willing to take ( If I were ML and co. is a 3rd with an option pick in '05'.

im with chris...whenever im away from my computer for a long period of time, just take what chris said and double it. :D

we gotta agree to disagree about dillon. Im thinking a tag match to settle this debate. Chrishcovga/jditty47 vs kirkendall/redsfan2. :ph34r:

im with chris...whenever im away from my computer for a long period of time, just take what chris said and double it.  :D

we gotta agree to disagree about dillon.  Im thinking a tag match to settle this debate.  Chrishcovga/jditty47 vs kirkendall/redsfan2.   :ph34r:

Wrestlemania is coming up. Truckin' and I are calling ourselves, The Bengals. eh?

"WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THESE 24" BICEPS WRAP AROUND YOU!!!!"

:lol: