Garcia to Browns

BengalsNYC

I think this is an excellent pickup for Cleveland, they've needed some serious stability at the QB position. They've had people always bitching and complaining about the QB situation and now you have that stability. This allows other aspects now on the team to get greater focus. I give the Browns an A for this pickup.. they saw a need, an oppritunity and picked up both.

I think this is an excellent pickup for Cleveland, they've needed some serious stability at the QB position. They've had people always bitching and complaining about the QB situation and now you have that stability. This allows other aspects now on the team to get greater focus. I give the Browns an A for this pickup.. they saw a need, an oppritunity and picked up both.

It's a good pickup, but I read it primarily as an attempt by Butch Davis to save his job. I think he's hoping that Garcia can get the Browns back to at least .500 ball and while they absorb the cap hit from releasing Couch. Then Butch can hand-pick his own QB of the future in '05, and that guy can sit and learn while Garcia pulls a Kitna. At least, I think that's Butch's theory. Problem is, Garcia doesn't have much to work with.

I think this is an excellent pickup for Cleveland, they've needed some serious stability at the QB position.  They've had people always bitching and complaining about the QB situation and now you have that stability.  This allows other aspects now on the team to get greater focus.  I give the Browns an A for this pickup.. they saw a need, an oppritunity and picked up both.

It's a good pickup, but I read it primarily as an attempt by Butch Davis to save his job. I think he's hoping that Garcia can get the Browns back to at least .500 ball and while they absorb the cap hit from releasing Couch. Then Butch can hand-pick his own QB of the future in '05, and that guy can sit and learn while Garcia pulls a Kitna. At least, I think that's Butch's theory. Problem is, Garcia doesn't have much to work with.

Oh, I definately agree. I think picking Garcia was for face with the Cleveland mob (which comprise of worthless pieces of flesh with no societial benefits to the population of the United States that should be...........) and makes everyone forget their Couch/Holcomb fiasco. Whether or not he can help the offense, well I guess it determines on what they'll get the rest of the way, because that offense as is, is not very good.