Still no moves with CD...

ArmyBengal

Saw on kffl.com that Charlie Garners old A$$ is being looked at by the Pats, Broncos, Bucs, and the Raiders of course as well. All of this knowing he had knee surgery on 5 March. It just seems to me, we should be able to get something done with CD before we are put in a position of releasing him, which I'm still not sure of. If you aren't familiar with www.kffl.com, it has constant updates to all signings and NFL info. WHODEY !!!

I have a feeling that we won't get any movement on CD until a few days before the draft, or on draft day cause someone misses out on the RB they wanted and don't want to reach for a RB....The earliest he would be cut (and I don't think that will happen) would be June 1 to spread the cap hit out over two years....

Side note, did everyone realize that over 3 million of the cap space is taken up by Akili Smith this year????

I have a feeling that we won't get any movement on CD until a few days before the draft, or on draft day cause someone misses out on the RB they wanted and don't want to reach for a RB

I hope SOMETHING happens sometime! We need CD like the Ravens need TO!! NOT!! B)

I hope SOMETHING happens sometime! We need CD like the Ravens need TO!! NOT!! B)

Well, I still like the idea of keeping CD and just not dressing him every week....Tell him to sit down and shut up, that'll learn him....It would also show everyone on the team just who the hell is in charge....

I hope SOMETHING happens sometime! We need CD like the Ravens need TO!! NOT!!  B)

Well, I still like the idea of keeping CD and just not dressing him every week....Tell him to sit down and shut up, that'll learn him....It would also show everyone on the team just who the hell is in charge....

No way kevnz!! He's a cancer which MUST be removed!! Regardless of cost. :angry:

i dont like that idea at all, if we are paying him 3 mill he better play for us and play well. Why have 3 more mill just wasting our salary cap space, might as well use it.

i dont like that idea at all, if we are paying him 3 mill he better play for us and play well. Why have 3 more mill just wasting our salary cap space, might as well use it.

That's just my point. He won't, he's pissed, and his heart AIN'T in it. He's gotta go. Money isn't everything. (Except in young QB's with a $50,000,000 contract. Then it's different. Why, I don't know.) <_<

No way kevnz!! He's a cancer which MUST be removed!! Regardless of cost. :angry:

But see, that's what he wants...So why the hell should he get what he wants??? That's why I say keep him and sit him down.....Hell put him on IR all year.....Don't give the SOB what he wants....Trade him or keep him but don't release his sorry ass and justify his bitch attitude.....Keep him and make him worthless if the team doesn't get anything for him....I would love to see CD gone for a half decent pick, or even a late pick and a player.....But no way do we cut him....screw his sorry ass, make him warm the bench while Rudi puts up better numbers than he ever did.....It just pisses me off when these guys make all this money and then think they can dictate where they play and how....(see T. Owens) you signed a contract gentlemen....

No way kevnz!! He's a cancer which MUST be removed!! Regardless of cost.  :angry:

But see, that's what he wants...So why the hell should he get what he wants??? That's why I say keep him and sit him down.....Hell put him on IR all year.....Don't give the SOB what he wants....Trade him or keep him but don't release his sorry ass and justify his bitch attitude.....Keep him and make him worthless if the team doesn't get anything for him....I would love to see CD gone for a half decent pick, or even a late pick and a player.....But no way do we cut him....screw his sorry ass, make him warm the bench while Rudi puts up better numbers than he ever did.....It just pisses me off when these guys make all this money and then think they can dictate where they play and how....(see T. Owens) you signed a contract gentlemen....

Well we just ain't gonna agree on this one. I'm not into torture. For him OR us! :D

Well, I agree with ditty; if he's going to be on our roster, he's gotta play. We all agree that when Dillon is healthy, and pissed, he's an agressive, no non-sense runner. If he's a Bengal by training camp, he'll be really pissed off. I really think if we treat him like he's treated us and the Bengals organization puts him on IR or sits him all season, it hurts future potential prospects. That revenge is our motto and that may have a negative message.

But I don't think he'll be moved or cut until Rudi is sealed up for the season. To my knowledge, Rudi is still waiting for other offers and hasn't signed to the Bengals tendor.

Here's what I'm wondering about... Is that 1st and a 3rd guaranteed compensation..?? I mean, what if Denver or New England offered 2 second round picks..?? Wouldn't that necessarily be the same thing..??

If a team isn't willing to give up that 1st.. and a 3rd,, but had 2 second round picks..? like Oakland does, Denver, New England...? why not take that instead..?

I dont see why no one wants DIllon. Progress your rookie RB behind Dillon. Sign the guy for a 1-3 year contract and in the length hes signed make sure to get a young RB. If I were another team I would at least want to meet with him if I were in need of RB. Thats what kils me no teams are even looking at him seriously enough to meet with him.

While CD has been a pain in the backside for the past year, I must say he has carried this football team through a buttload of horrible years and was the one bright spot that kept the Bengals interesting to watch during that time. I for one hope he gets on somewhere else and I think he will be very productive. Put him behind Denvers O-line and he rushes for over 1000 again easily. Anyway, I do believe he needs a new start and we need to be done with this headache its become. I also believe though he's worth far more than a 3rd rounder as discussed in a possible trade with Oakland.

There won't be any movement on Dillon until the RFA's can't negotiate with anyone else, I think that's about mid to late March. Simply put, the Bengals won't trade Dillon away then take the risk of having someone sign Rudi to a mega deal that they can't match...losing one RB is one thing, losing 2 would be catastrophic.

Personally I believe the draft has a few RBs and FA has a few more, so Dillon's value is dropped by default there. An injury season always scares teams off too, to go along with his negative publicity. I'm not too terribly sure teams want to risk giving up a 2nd round pick for him and I'll be that's the Bengals asking price.

Honestly, I think that any time Corey had one or two plays that weren't for 4 or 5+ yard gains, they immediately switched to Rudi and didn't go back. I think we would have done better keeping Corey in for the bulk of the carries late in the season, but I don't know everything that was going on in the clubhouse.

I think there is plenty of interest in Dillon. The problem is that they are all convinced we will cut him and they won't have to give up anything to get him.

We may be looking at going into training camp with CD still on the roster. If it comes down to it, as a last resort he could be " Keyshawned ". You are not welcome here. Just take your money and go home or go on talk shows and tell the world how you were wronged so they can all see first hand what a true a**h*** looks like.

I think there is plenty of interest in Dillon. The problem is that they are all convinced we will cut him and they won't have to give up anything to get him.

I'm sure that's part of it, but any team that wanted CD would also have to be thinking that if he did hit the open market, any competition for his services would mean they'd have to offer him a sizeable contract and bonus. Trading with the Bengals means no bonus and a modest (by NFL terms) $3 million salary.

I still think that while there's interest in Dillon, it's limited. His age, last year's injury issues, his infamous disgruntled attitude, boom-or-bust performance all combine to push him down on everyone's list. I agree with those who point to draft day, somewhere around rounds 3-4, as the most likely time an offer will come. I suspect the Bengals will accept even a lowly fourth-rounder.

If the cap permits, they could carry him into the summer, in hopes that an injury opens an opportunity someplace, but in the final analysis, he's too expensive to sit on the bench. I don't see him in stripes opening day.