Rape in Cleveland

Talk about getting shafted! I mean, the guy's won games and taken them to the playoffs once with jack sheot at RB and on the o-line, not to mention a pile of high-draft-pick busts on D. Now this:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindeale...93410260980.xml

The Browns' initial contract proposal to Tim Couch calls for a pay cut of more than 58 percent with no additional years.

The team's offer would reduce Couch's earnings from a scheduled $7.6 million to $3 million in 2004 and from $8 million to $3.5 million in 2005.

The package includes a $2 million signing bonus, a $500,000 roster bonus and a 2004 base salary of $500,000. There also are contract incentives tied to the team's record.

And not only did they work Henson out and bring Garcia in to visit, but also, witness his head coach's "support":

Davis is driving the pursuit of McMahon. He competed against Davis' Miami Hurricanes four times as starting quarterback at Rutgers University. Rutgers lost those meetings by scores of 51-23, 53-17, 55-0 and 64-6.

Replaced by Rutgers product Mike McMahon! Tim, buddy, screw 'em! Stonewall and make 'em release you. Get out while you still have some semblance of a career left!

well garcia is a good qb, he wouldnt have been to the probowl 3 times if he wasnt. But couch is a damn good qb with nothing, and i mean nothing to work with. Since he has been there they have never had a good receiver or a good runningback and their o-line sucks. I'd refuse the paycut and take my chances in FA, he could easily get a starting job elsewhere.

well garcia is a good qb, he wouldnt have been to the probowl 3 times if he wasnt. But couch is a damn good qb with nothing, and i mean nothing to work with. Since he has been there they have never had a good receiver or a good runningback and their o-line sucks. I'd refuse the paycut and take my chances in FA, he could easily get a starting job elsewhere.

this is one of the few times a player needs an agent. ;)

well garcia is a good qb, he wouldnt have been to the probowl 3 times if he wasnt

To quote Steve Martin: Excuuuuuuuuuuuse Me!! Garcia WAS a decent QB! That was then, and this is now. Garcia's done starting anywhere. Stick a fork in him...he's done!! Tim Couch will excell ANYPLACE but Cleveland!! But then again, that statement holds true for alot of players! B)

The same thing that plagued the Bengals in '02 with quarterback indecision is the same thing the Browns are doing with Couch .

I personally , have never thought that any 'Run and shoot' college quarterback could succeed in the NFL , simply because none of them ever have..Andre Ware..Klingler...Ty Detmer....Tim Couch....It's sandlot football, where you send everybody deep, and throw it up for grabs .....The quarterback class of '99 should never ever be considered like the class of '83.

The only reason why Couch is still with the Browns, is because of his salary and Eddie Debartolo would have to admit that he missed on this quarterback because Bill Walsh wasn't around to help him.

I personally , have never thought that any 'Run and shoot' college quarterback could succeed in the NFL , simply because none of them ever have..Andre Ware..Klingler...Ty Detmer....Tim Couch....It's sandlot football, where you send everybody deep, and throw it up for grabs .....The quarterback class of '99 should never ever be considered like the class of '83.

Chris-Your right about the class of '99. I doubt there will be another class like that of '83. Most of that comes from the pre-draft hype we hear every year.

Tim Couch didn't play in a run n shoot offense. It did have elements of the run and shoot but it also had elements of conventional offenses. Most of Couch's yards were made by the WRs and backs on screens and dump offs and when he did go deep he was very accurate.

If Cleveland would have handled the QB situation right and not flip flopped so many times it would have worked out. The team that gets Couch will have a good QB at a bargain price.