How many Steeler fans will get tickets?

Paul Robinson

Seems like every Steeler away game features thousands of Steeler fans that somehow get tickets and help neutralize the home crowd. You should see how many tickets for the playoff game are already being auctioned on E-Bay. What's with Bengal season ticket holders giving up their seats? How many Steeler fans will be there next Sunday? Will it make a difference?

I get tired discussing this stuff with Steeler interlopers, but, this seems to be the deal, PR:

The Bengals, for reasons I don't agree with, allowed season ticket holders to be tix beyond their number of season ticket seats. So, if you had two season tix, you could buy four seats. A lot of season tix holders are brokers, and they certainly took advantage of that and are selling all they can. Other Bengals season tix holders are, for reasons that frustrate me but are still understandable, selling the extra tix they bought on ebay as well.

None of that means the Bengals have bad fans, or that Steeler fans are somehow so f**king noble. It just means that something the bengals did to reward their season tix holders is allowing this. Which is too bad. There are plenty of fans who would have liked to have had a chance to get these tix for face value and could not.

So, stop rubbing one off to your mastubatory fantasy about the nobleness of Steeler fans. Please. Or do it elsewhere.

From today's paper:

A Pittsburgh-area broker said he's getting many calls from Bengals fans looking to sell.

"If the game was in Pittsburgh, you couldn't pry a ticket out of a fan's hands," said the broker, Robert Mancuso. "In Cincinnati, if you put $100 in front of them, they take it."

You left out the next few lines from that article...

Jackson, though, said most Bengals fans are looking to buy. He said his brokers have been given permission to refuse to sell to Steelers fans, at least until local demand is met.

"We are trying to run a business," he said. "But we want to support the Bengals."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0376/1066/rss07

OK, so what? Steeler fans at the game. So I guess there were not as many Steeler fans at all those other playoff losses that the Steelers were handed? I guess this should make me believe that their were no Steeler fans at those 3 playoff road losses that Cowher has (compared to zero wins)? Come on ... so what? There are Steeler fans going to be at the game. Heck, so what if there are 10k Steeler fans (which is a reach)? I can just see the Bengal players now looking up and saying, "Oh, we should give up ... look at all those Steeler fans." Silly.

Of course there were Steeler fans at all those other games. The Steelers still ended up losing. This has little to nothing to do with you black and gold freaks in the stands (contrary to your arrogant believe system), and much, much more to do with how these two coaches game plan, and especially has all those players in uniform perform for 3 hours.

So, Steeler Nation, come to grips with the fact that you are no more and no less important than any other fan of any other team out there. The Teams will play. One will win, and one will lose.

Just do a cursory glance at the normal outlets for tickets and compare how many are available for each game. Far more Bengals-Steelers than any other. The tickets are coming from somewhere.

My original post talked about how well Steeler fans travel, and how they always seem to get tickets. In addition, the population shift away from Pittsburgh has resulted in Steeler fans living everywhere. Coaches from almost every team have commented on this phenomenon at one time or another. Denying the facts makes one look silly.

I have a question for "duus". Why don't you move back to the Queen City? Personally, the crime rate (more than twice the US average; over 20 murders per 100,000 residents) is just a bit high for me.

Just do a cursory glance at the normal outlets for tickets and compare how many are available for each game. Far more Bengals-Steelers than any other. The tickets are coming from somewhere.

I explained why in my post. Ignore it if you wish, but there is your explanation.

and Cincy's crime rate is low??? walk two blocks from the center of the city and see how safe you feel....

Honestly, I think he was getting a dig in on Cincy with that 'crime rate' comment. In any case, I have not moved as my wife is born and raised in Pittsburgh, and she has aging relatives here (and she has various friends here as well, of course). Outside of that, I honestly cannot think of a reason. It's been 15 years of pure verbal and sometimes physical abuse. Anyone who knows me knows that I have NEVER said anything to any Steeler fan regarding a game, regardless of the outcome. NEVER. HONEST. Yet these fans up here always feel compelled to push, push, and push. Why this town feels it so necessary to ridicule and abuse anyone with a "non-Steeler" shirt or jacket on, I will never know. I could share the details of the abuse, but it's not worth it. Trust me that 15 years of this nonsense has left a horrible taste in my mouth concerning this fan base. Heck, even folks like Marvin Lewis' parents agree with me on how horrible these fans are to outsiders (they have lived here all their lives ... an article exists on the Bengals website giving you a glimpse into this nonsense).

Personally, it wouldn't bother me one bit if the city of Pittsburgh ceased to exist. Seriously, outside of CMU, what good to society ever comes out of this town? They are are bunch of aged Yinzers who cannot talk deep on any level except the Steelers. I dare you ... try to start a half intelligent dialogue with anyone from up here and watch that within 5 minutes they will somehow work the Steelers into the conversation. Ridiculous. Their lives are so far out-of-balance that my annual longing is just to see the Steelers lose that final game ... with the distant hope that at least one Pittsburgher might put the Steelers lower on his life priority list for the coming years.

Sad, misguided folks they are.

you now duus Im a Bengal fan but id never live in cincy.. Its allmost a copy of Pittsburgh in allot of respects..

If I were to live in the Cincy area it would be in Northern Ky...

Have to agree whole-heartedly on that one. Truth hurts. I grew up in Northern Ky, and that's as close to Cincy that I would live as well. Agreed.