pro bowl snubs

bengalsfan4lifekf

I'm not sure how much anyone on the Bengals was snubbed. I just read where Eric Steinbach, Tory James, and Rudi Johnson were named as first alternates, and Levi Jones was named a second alternate. It's possible that all may end up playing, but even if none of them do you have to be impressed with Steinbach and Jones getting some recognition as offensive lineman rarely break into the Pro Bowl ranks all of the sudden. Most earn their berths in step-by-step fashion, gaining respect gradually over a period of years.

It's coming.

The very idea the Michael Vick is there astonishes me.

Some people are very desirous for Vick to do well. < /rush> :P

Vick is so overrated it's sickening. Could be the most overrated passer ever. Nothing but a media darling. He should definitely not be in Hawaii. Just look at his crappy passing stats. And anyone who runs that much in the NFL is going to get hurt constantly - and Vick seems to have an injury of some sort every single game...a big reason why I don't like him and why I never draft him on my fantasy team.

I don't know which QB I am more annoyed with - Vick or Favre this year.

T.J. wasn't snubbed at all, he simply didn't have the numbers to stack up with the rest. I don't know how Chris Chambers got in over Reggie Wayne though, and Michael Vick making it again was just stupid. Do they serious want us to believe that he has had a better season than Bledsoe, Eli Manning, or even Brunnell?

If you're going to be honest, and not just a Bengal homer... Hines Ward needs to be there. If you are drafting a WR for an expansion team, who do you want? Rod Smith, Chris Chambers, or Hines Ward?

In the NFC, Joey Galloway over Santana Moss all the way. I have no complaints about the Bengals pro bowl selections.

If you're going to be honest, and not just a Bengal homer... Hines Ward needs to be there. If you are drafting a WR for an expansion team, who do you want? Rod Smith, Chris Chambers, or Hines Ward?

In the NFC, Joey Galloway over Santana Moss all the way. I have no complaints about the Bengals pro bowl selections.

I agree with all of this. I had never considered Hines Ward as a snub, but you're correct. Rod Smith and Chris Chambers have both been inconsistent all year long. I think Anquan Boldin also got snubbed in the NFC, because who wants to see two Cardinals on one Pro Bowl offense?

I think Hines got the snub, and I HATE that Michael Vick is there. This just proves that fans are dumb, and I guess that the coaches and players are stupid too. No Bengals got snubbed, I read somewhere that O-line pro bowlers are basically perennial, so Levi and Steinbach may need to wait a year or two to get their chances. Reggie Wayne didn't get snubbed because he didn't put up the same numbers he had last year, and Chambers and Rod Smith have good numbers, so they are deserving. The AFC is always difficult because the class of players is higher than in the NFC.

Rudi I understand why he diden't go though I rather have seen him,lt & LJ

Levi should have been 1st alt or 3rd spot (depending with colts tackle that got screwed)

Tory should have went over law or I'm sure alot CB's more worthy then him this year but not as big deal sense deltha is going.

steinbach will get his soon

TJ,wayne or ward should have went instead of chambers imo(wayne should have went TJ first alt ward 2nd)

TJ is 11th in AFC with receiving yards and he's a 2nd WR who missed 2 games Though wayne has 1st WR stats he's still # 2 :o

If you guys want Levi to go, you must admit Willie should not be going.

Willie has played hurt and probably played about the same, maybe worse than Levi.

The whole offensive line has been my favorite part of the team. They are doing great right now, and it looks even brighter for the future. If Stacey is as good as expected.

I heard that Vick's QB rating is lower than Kyle Boller's. :blink:

This is true. Vick's current rating stands at 71.8 Boller is at a lofty 71.9.

Riddle me this... If you add about 400 rushing yards and a few rushing touchdowns to Kyle Boller's statistics, does he make the Pro Bowl? No. Even if he were in the NFC, he'd still be regarded as a joke. How long until Michael Vick will be viewed in this manner? Some argue that he has won most of his games, and this is true. So has Boller. :rolleyes: