The Takeo Screwed Up Thread

Jet23

CincyPost article from 12/30/02

Bills fans called openly to Spikes during the game, leaving a good taste in his mouth about this trip to Western New York. For the second straight week, Spikes played a top-flight game, leading the Bengals with 12 tackles, a half of a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery, his third in the past two games.

"I kind of felt like I was at home. That's how much support I got," said Spikes. "I think the Bills are up-and-coming :lmao: just because of the big transition of Drew Bledsoe coming in this year, and I think they're rebuilding the defense. Who knows, man? We'll just have to see where the road takes me."

Well as we all Know Takeo made himself right at home in Losing Buffalo .........

post210875031648dx.jpg

------------------------------------------

Cincy Post article 10/2/03

"My mind was pretty much made up. I felt like my time was over. I did my time and, like I told Lewis, he had some personal goals that he wanted to accomplish in life and I had some at the same time. And I felt that me being there with him and him being there with me, I think we would kind of be cutting short each other of our personal goals."

Wow what Goals :rolleyes: .....

Bills record since he arrived

19-27

Bengals record over that time with Marvin

27-19

article from right after Marvin was hired ........

Cincy Post 1/15/03

Linebacker Takeo Spikes, one of the Bengals' top stars, will be a free agent when his contract expires on March 3. He said he respects Lewis but is skeptical that one person alone can change the atmosphere surrounding the team.

"It's like having a cold," Spikes said of the hire. "You're treating the symptoms, not trying to cure it."

4278.jpgpointlaff.gif

"Hows that cold treating you in Buffalo B#tch ??? According to Takeo he must have Ebola..... because every franchise he touches tanks and dies"

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

So now that the Bengals are roaring into the Playoffs and heading to the Superbowl, and Takeo sits crippled in snowy Buffalo, icefishing in his wheelchair while his team stinks a$$ for the 3rd year in a row ....can we say Poetic Justice ???

Bills fans called openly to Spikes during the game, leaving a good taste in his mouth about this trip to Western New York. For the second straight week, Spikes played a top-flight game, leading the Bengals with 12 tackles, a half of a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery, his third in the past two games.

"I kind of felt like I was at home. That's how much support I got," said Spikes. "I think the Bills are up-and-coming :lmao: just because of the big transition of Drew Bledsoe coming in this year, and I think they're rebuilding the defense. Who knows, man? We'll just have to see where the road takes me."

Well as we all Know Takeo made himself right at home in Losing Buffalo .........

post210875031648dx.jpg

"My mind was pretty much made up. I felt like my time was over. I did my time and, like I told Lewis, he had some personal goals that he wanted to accomplish in life and I had some at the same time. And I felt that me being there with him and him being there with me, I think we would kind of be cutting short each other of our personal goals."

19-27

27-19

Cincy Post 1/15/03

Linebacker Takeo Spikes, one of the Bengals' top stars, will be a free agent when his contract expires on March 3. He said he respects Lewis but is skeptical that one person alone can change the atmosphere surrounding the team.

"It's like having a cold," Spikes said of the hire. "You're treating the symptoms, not trying to cure it."

4278.jpgpointlaff.gif

"Hows that cold treating you in Buffalo B#tch ??? According to Takeo he must have Ebola..... because every franchise he touches tanks and dies"

So now that the Bengals are roaring into the Playoffs and heading to the Superbowl, and Takeo sits crippled in snowy Buffalo, icefishing in his wheelchair while his team stinks a$$ for the 3rd year in a row ....can we say Poetic Justice ???

You are an idiot.

... and very bitter.

I'm thinking Spikes had a problem with the defensive talent around him, and the kind of obvious notion that it was a long way off from being any good.

He has to be hatin' life a the moment, injured and on a fairly bad team watching us go to the playoffs. I don't blame him for leaving at the time - but I always thought he and Dillon kind of wussed out.

That said I'm glad it all worked out the way it did (we have Madeiu, Rudi starting, and Thurman who should be around a lot longer than Spikes at this point).

Thanks Takeo - I don't really have any hard feelings towards him now. :)

I'm thinking Spikes had a problem with the defensive talent around him, and the kind of obvious notion that it was a long way off from being any good.

He has to be hatin' life a the moment, injured and on a fairly bad team watching us go to the playoffs. I don't blame him for leaving at the time - but I always thought he and Dillon kind of wussed out.

That said I'm glad it all worked out the way it did (we have Madeiu, Rudi starting, and Thurman who should be around a lot longer than Spikes at this point).

I actually blame him a bit more than Dillon. At least Dillon was here for a year, pretended to buy in at times, and then claimed he couldnt and exited. TKO couldnt even get through preseason meetings with Marvin and company.......

Curnette tracked him down...

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...220377/1066/SPT

Some quotes....

"I don't have any regrets," Spikes said of his decision in early 2003 to leave the Bengals for the Bills. "I don't even want to talk about that one. People ask me that so much. I had my personal reasons."

"He said, 'I've heard that before,' " Lewis said of Spikes. "The whole thing with Takeo, not being able to win him over - Takeo and (running back) Corey (Dillon) are probably my biggest disappointments. But things happen for a reason."

"He has earned everything he has gotten from the Brown family," Spikes said of the team's ownership. "What little (authority) they gave him, he had success. They gave him a little bit more. I'm surprised by the power they've given him."

Oh Takeo, you must be so embarassed.

You know, if he really has no regrets, I'm glad he doesn't play for us any more. Lets face it, if I wanted to win, and I went to a team that I thought was going to be able to win, from a team I thought wouldn't be, and the team I went to crapped out while my old team was going to the playoffs, I'd have regrets. Because I'd want to be with a winner not a weiner.

post210875031648dx.jpg

19-27

27-19

Cincy Post 1/15/03

4278.jpgpointlaff.gif

You are an idiot.

... and very bitter.

As to bitter .... we as a group do take a dim view of ship jumpers and bandwagon jumpers .... TKO as it turns out is both..

As to idiots ... you down have to go any further than you're own front office to find the prototype.

Bills record since he arrived (2003)

19-27

Bengals record while he was here (1998-2002)

1998 3-13

1999 4-12

2000 4-12

2001 6-10

2002 2-14

19-61

He shouldn't have a problem with losing. He's made a career out of it.

TKO and CD were most definitely the albatrosses hanging from our neck and dragging us down. It's just as well that he has no regrets ..... cause I don't think anyone around here does either.

Bills spend 10 + years beating our ass like rented mules, and the first chance they get they grab all the x Bengal coaches and players they can get their hands on. :sure: Let's GO Buffalo !

B) What the hell were they thinking ??????

How can you blame Spikes for leaving Cincy?

You guys were pathetic for 15 years, who wouldn't want to get out of there?

It looks bad now but 99% of the people who could leave Cincy at that time did, and 99% of free agents who could have signed there didn't.....

Sure TKO would be in the playoffs, but we're talking about 3 years later....who knows what could have happened between now and then.....

I'm sure he's a pissed about not being in the playoffs....but Cincy was a joke when he left, and they had been a joke.....

Of course the Bills are pathtic now too....but we'll turn around, probably in a lot less than 15 years too....

BTW, how bad ass would it be if we upset you this week....

Tell that to Richie Braham and Willie Anderson. They were here a lot longer. They are now reaping the benefits of their hard work and belief in Marvin. Takeo has no choice than to say he is happy in Buffalo.

Yeah, but why go to Buffalo? I've been there and I can safely say that the air in Buffalo smells like an odd mixture of dog food and used motor oil.

Dude....if you're gonna smack on cities you CAN'T be from the natti...... I live in Columbus (by far the best of the 3) and honestly, if I you want to live in KY, why move to Cincy.....

Buffalo gave him a contract....and Tom Donanhoe is a snake oil salesman.... I'm ready to overhaul our entire team , staff and front office....

Please, Columbus is a flat, ugly armpit of a city. I travel to Buffalo occassionally, there is no way in holy hell that I would choose to live in that run down ghost town compared to Cincy.

Cincinnati has it's ups and downs, and is too conservative and conformist (changing slowly), but it is a good place to live ultimately and I'll take my hometown over Columbus or Buffalo any day of the week and then some.

Seriously man, no offense, but Buffalo looks like a city that time has forgotten. I know a lot of people who would disagree with you there!

Please, Columbus is a flat, ugly armpit of a city. I travel to Buffalo occassionally, there is no way in holy hell that I would choose to live in that run down ghost town compared to Cincy.

Cincinnati has it's ups and downs, and is too conservative and conformist (changing slowly), but it is a good place to live ultimately and I'll take my hometown over Columbus or Buffalo any day of the week and then some.

Seriously man, no offense, but Buffalo looks like a city that time has forgotten. I know a lot of people who would disagree with you there!

Its a toss up between Buffalo and Cincy.... but putting Columbus in the same sentance as Cincinatti is a sin....Columbus has so much more to offer....and without the racist hillbillies

I actually blame him a bit more than Dillon. At least Dillon was here for a year, pretended to buy in at times, and then claimed he couldnt and exited. TKO couldnt even get through preseason meetings with Marvin and company.......

True, but Spikes never bad mouthed his teammates like punk Dillon. The only thing I hated about the Patriots winning the Super Bowl was that a$$ hat getting a ring.

And I love the Bills fans wondering how we can blame Spikes for going to Buffalo. After all, we sucked for 15 years. Fair enough, but Buffalo went and hired all of our old coaches. Now they wonder why they suck...

Nice touches here. Leave the bashing of Buffalo to the Buffalonians. They do plenty of it

themselves.

Krumrie was guy I admired as a player (pre-SB injury), but as a coach, I haven't seen him

able to teach or elevate the play of those he coaches. The Bills D took a huge hit when they

let Pat Williams go to Minnesota and Krumrie and Gray haven't figured out how to replace

what they lost.

So the Bills have truely laid eggs all year long, which is no secret, but never forget the

Bengal legacy. 15 years without a winning season. Record futility. The worst (and cheapest)

owner in the league. He truely lucked out in hiring Marvin Lewis though, yet given enough time

he'll mess this up too. The sad thing (for the Bills) is that Marvin was first up for the Bills HC job

and our brilliant GM and Pres, Tom Donohoe passed on him. Yet, Brown will find a way to mess

up his luck, he always does.

Yet the thread was about TKO and simply, he is as good as advertised. Lay off the sour grapes.

He may have made a bad choice "wins" wise but the bottom line is that the Bengals went cheap on

him and lost him. All they had to do was match the Bills offer. With that said, he may never be the

same player again. Achilles tendon injuries are very rarely recovered from and with his game being

based on quickness and agility (even though he is capable of the big hit), I don't see him as ever

being the same player again. He may still be good, but that injury may have robbed his greatness.

His loss has been huge to the Bills.

Palmer - will only get better and that's scary as he's been great this year already.

Rudi Johnson - tough north south runner whose quickness and power still surprises.

Chad Johnson - Very talented, but liked him much more before he began to run his

mouth. Must be in his genes..(Me-shawn anyone?)

Opportunistic defense - but one that will get you beat in the playoffs, unless the offense can keep

putting lots of points on the board.

By the way, I have lived in Dayton for the past 20 years (possibly another move - employer - may

happen this year) and I've watched an awful lot of Bengals football, and most of it has been almost

unbearable. Last year, they showed hope with Palmer as Kitna was never going to take the Bengals

anywhere. This year that decision is earning dividends. Watching the Bengals this year has been

enjoyable, in contrast to my Bills watching which has been and excercise in self abuse.

Congrats on your fine season to date and wish you luck in the playoffs.