A Little Thin at Safety?

Bengalbob

With Ohalete potentially out for this Sunday's game, Myles gone, and Madieu/Herring on IR, that leaves the Bengals only two safeties on their 53 man roster (KK and Anthony Mitchell). I haven't heard a thing from Marvin about potentially bringing Indiana Jones or Boa off the practice squad. Are we hitting the stretch run too thin at safety? :unsure:

Gawd I miss Madieu! We are getting by without him right now but when we start playing those teams(KC,SD,Indy,Pitt) in the playoffs with those game breaking TEs it could be trouble. Miller of Pittsburgh isn't quite a game changer yet but he could cause us some trouble. I can't believe they didn't try and use him more in the game in s**ttsburgh.

If we get desperate maybe they could use Tab Perry. Before you call me crazy :wacko: ML did say a couple weeks ago they was trying to find ways to expand his role & they've been working him some @ Safety. You would save a roster spot by not having to call someone up in that case. If they call someone up from the practice squad they might activate a D-lineman ( Fanene, Askew?? )

It sounds like Ohalete is going to go with Mitchell backing him

where Body when ya need him!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't he still grabbing at the last rung of the practice squad under Bua?

No. Where you been? He was signed off the PS to replace Myles. Tweaked his ankle in the Baltimore game. He's still listed on the roster and not on the injury report this week, so I expect to see him on STs at least.

ratliff played safety in the nickle pack last sunday against the browns. and mitchell will be brought in to play the run. with kk in that not-a-safety, not-a-corner position again.

Fanene and Askew have battled it out in practice.. Askew has to learn to get better pad level and stay lower...

This is his chance to shows he belongs .....lets hope he gets activated this Sunday and produces alongside Shaun Smith.. That would be huge if the two could work together...

Askew can't even beat out a 7th round rookie for playing time, eh? <_<