Chris Henry arrested

BoilersAndBengals

Some details from Curnutte...dope + no license + no tags + no insurance = dingbat.

Bengals rookie wide receiver Chris Henry was arrested early Thursday morning by Covington Police for marijuana possession and four traffic charges.

Henry, 22, of Florence, will appear in Kenton District Court at 9:30 a.m. Friday.

Henry was stopped for speeding by two Covington Police officers at 2 a.m., said Ken Easterling, Chief Prosecutor for the Kenton County Attorney’s Office.

The officers smelled the scent of marijuana, and Henry consented to a body and vehicle search. Officers found two baggies of marijuana in his left shoe.

Henry also was driving what police described as a new Cadillac Escalade but could not produce proof of auto insurance and had expired tags and an expired license. He also was charged with speeding and will appear in Kenton District Court on Dec. 28 for the traffic charges.

He posted $150 bond and was released. He was at Paul Brown Stadium for practice today.

Henry was the Bengals’ third-round draft pick from West Virginia. In 12 games for the Bengals, the rookie has 30 receptions, five for touchdowns, and a 13.2-yard average per catch.

Bengals media relations director Jack Brennan was checking early this evening to see if the club would have comment on Henry’s arrest.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What goes through these guys heads?!?! I remember being his age (it was a whole 5 yrs or so ago), I just cant understand why you risk throwing so much away just for a fugging blunt...

I am so irritated at these people who think throwing away their own future is worth toking it up...

Wow...that's really....freakin stupid..even for a guy that age.

That was my reaction, too. But...I always found that the dumber whatever I did was...the more sarcasm, ridicule and general grief I'd get from my friends. I can't even imagine the crap he must have had to take in the locker room today... :lol:

No s**t I just got done with one. Let the kid alone. Puritanical america.

It's not a moral situation, Spain, it's a practical one. Save the party for a couple months.

Uh, he lives in Spain, where it's legal. This is just another case of our long standing misconceptions about marijuana in this country.(But that's for another forum

I don't smoke anymore, but how hard is it to quit for the chance at millions

Especially since I quit for 40,000

No s**t I just got done with one. Let the kid alone. Puritanical america.

It's not a moral situation, Spain, it's a practical one. Save the party for a couple months.

Uh, he lives in Spain, where it's legal. This is just another case of our long standing misconceptions about marijuana in this country.(But that's for another forum

I don't smoke anymore, but how hard is it to quit for the chance at millions

Yeah -- I know he lives in spain. He called Americans puritanical, which leads me to believe he's making it a moral issue. It's exactly my point that it doesn't matter what you think about burning the herb (for the record, it's better than drinking alcohol as far as my opinion is concerned -- better meaning most people don't decide that they immediately need to get into a fight when they're high and it doesn't bang the little gong in my head as much the next day) getting caught for it while you play football for the NFL hurts your team. So, I'm scratching my head as to why you think the legality of it in Spain changes my point.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Spain, feel free to smoke your brains out as far as I'm concerned. I like you better mellow.

Imbecile :angry:

He separates much, much better than either KW. He will be missed for as long as he's out.

But I'd be interested in seeing what Tab Perry can do at WR. :bengal:

That was my thought exactly. Everyone is taliking about putting him at every other position besides WR. It sucks that Henry screwed up but I am looking forward to what Tab can do at WR.

NFL Total access just said Henry was arrested for TRAFFICKING Marijuana. Posession is one thing, but... Oh Sh!t........

OK, it was a mistake. He was arrested for possession AND Traffic (as in speeding) charges. NFL Total Access is a bit shaky as a news source, I suppose.

Here's the article in the enquirer:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/312150031

I think the real problem is the sport he's playing, this guy is meant to play for the portland trailblazers. living here and having been privy to all of their indiscretions over the last 5 years it is apparent that he's simply misguided as to what sport to play. Stoudamire-busted for a pound of weed on his coffee table b/c his security alarm went off while on a road trip, also busted for 'hiding' pot in tin foil in his pocket and then trying to board a plane, rasheed wallace and bonzi wells getting busted driving back to portland from seattle smoking weed with expired tags and no insurance, not to mention the true cream of the 'crop' qyntel woods who got popped speeding with weed and no tags/insurance or license and handed the officer his playing card as ID, classic...thank god all of the afore named players have been shipped out but damn, henry's trying to keep the tradition alive...

Here's the associated press write-up. Note the bolded part. Hopefully it'll take a long time for the "legal process" to run its course and we'll have him playing on Sundays while this thing gets sorted out.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

CINCINNATI -- Bengals rookie receiver Chris Henry was arrested on traffic and marijuana charges early Thursday morning, but later practiced with the team.

The Bengals said in a statement it wouldn't take any action until his case goes through the court system.

Henry, a third-round pick from West Virginia, was stopped by police in nearby Covington, Ky., at about 2 a.m., according to a police report. He was driving a vehicle with expired tags, had an expired license and was speeding, police said.

Officers said they also found two small bags of marijuana on Henry, who was charged with possession.

"The club is aware of the reports regarding Chris Henry," the Bengals said in a statement Thursday night. "In such cases, the team considers it inappropriate to comment further while the matter is still being adjudicated.

"When the legal process has run its course, the team and the NFL will consider what action is necessary."

Henry ranks third among Bengals receivers with 30 catches and has scored five touchdowns. The rookie has developed into the team's No. 3 receiver, behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

I'm not going to repeat what's already been said, but I would also point out that since Henry came in with the 'character' question mark on his jacket, he should have held himself to a higher standard. At least for the first year. If you don't know you're under a microscrope, you're more than stupid. And you'll get what you deserve.

Personally, I'm not surprised by this. Watching Henry's on-field attitude the past few weeks (post-TD celebrations, sideline footage on NFL Network) I realized that despite good first impressions, this kid hasn't changed from when he was turning off scouts in WVa. I hope there's somebody in that locker room to knock some sense into him. TJ?

Suspend him, Marvin. Please.

P.S. Is the Darrell Russell story getting play in Ohio like it is here in So Cal? The timing is appropriate:

Former NFL Player Darrell Russell Killed in LA Car Crash.

Am I the only one here that doesn't think its that big of a deal??? He got arrested for weed. He probably wont even get punished this season. Marijuana shouldn't even be illegal. Its the biggest waste of time and money to enforce this law and the NFL should follow suit with the NBA and just not test for it. By the way, I don't smoke weed.

AndyBren, whereabouts in L.A. do you live? I'm by the beach in Santa Monica...

Highland Park. 'Round by South Pasadena.

And Blain, I don't care if he smokes pot.

I've known plenty of potsmokers over the years. And none of them have ever been arrested for it. Chris Henry hurt his team not by smoking pot, but by being dumb enough to get caught.