Don't like CJ's quote

walzav29

"We're in a playoff run already. I would think it's a run for the Super Bowl," Johnson said Monday. "Why not? We're playing for home field, which is most important. As far as I'm concerned, we're playing for a second trip to Detroit after this week. Period."

1st. You haven't even clinched a playoff birth.

2nd. How about working for that 2nd seed?

I just hope the team doesn't just assume that they are going to waltz into a rematch with the Colts. That seems like and example of youth. He looked like he lost focus last week. He had better shake it off. I'm sure Marv will straighten him out.

Unless you lose the next three and Steelers win out then you're not in the playoffs. I'm thinking you're already there like the rest of the sane people around the world. CJ's quote is exactly that. They're now playing to get to Detroit in '06 and to make that easier they're wanting home field advantage. What's wrong with that?

I'm talking about him personally. I would think that he needs to start cranking it up a notch towards the playoffs. Not winding down.

He's not winding down. He's picking it up. He had a bad game, but did you pay attention to his quote after the game that they were covering him so well he shouldn't have even had the ball thrown his way all game? He was happy that others won the game. It was refreshing.

Chad is Chad. He isn't winding down, he's trying to crank everyone else up.

I actually think CJ is playing fairly well considering that both the Squeelers and the Clowns tried to take him away -- which is what almost every team has been moving toward against us. The Rats didn't and got torched. Last Sunday CP was having trouble hitting the broad side of a barn. Almost every throw to Chad was well behind him. He played okay. The quote doesn't bother me either. He's talking about trying to tie up homefield advantage. What's the problem? It doesn't sound to me like he's assuming anything.