The Steelers will need us for the last game.

cmidy

In regards to the last game of the year where we play KC at KC.

I have a strong feeling this game will mean alot for the Steelers to make it as a wildcard team. I feel that the Steelers will need us to beat KC for them to make the playoffs. If that is the case, I hope we lose on purpose, and put the Steelers out of the playoffs!!! Maybe we should put in our 3rd stringers.

Any thoughts, if this game means nothing to us should we play our best and eliminate the KC Chiefs or should we lose this game on purpose and sing "nah nah nah nah say ay Goodbye" to the Steelers.

I won't feel comfortable untill a stake is put into the Steelers hearts and the beast is killed. KC and San Diego each have extreme hard schedules, plus they play each other, while the Steelers have an easier route.

CHARGERS 8-4 MIA (5-7), @IND (12-0), @KC (8-4), DEN (9-3)

= 34-14 (.708)

CHIEFS 8-4 @DAL (7-5), @NYG (8-4), SD (8-4), CIN (9-3)

= 32-16 (.667)

STEELERS 7-5 CHI (9-3), @MIN (7-5), @CLE (4-8), DET (4-8)

= 24-24 (.500)

The Steelers already beat the Chargers so they have the tie breaker with them. GO BEARS, and the Love boat Vikings!!!

It depends if we need to win to get a bye or not. If we don't need the game I say we activate all the practice squad guys for the game and tell them to keep throwing the ball to wide open defenders and let them score enough that the ref's allow us to forfeit the game. I would send all the starters to the pittsburgh game and get them seats behind the pitt bench and tell them to heckle Rottenburger, Cowerd and the girls as they have nothing to play for! :lmao:

It depends if we need to win to get a bye or not. If we don't need the game I say we activate all the practice squad guys for the game and tell them to keep throwing the ball to wide open defenders and let them score enough that the ref's allow us to forfeit the game. I would send all the starters to the pittsburgh game and get them seats behind the pitt bench and tell them to heckle Rottenburger, Cowerd and the girls as they have nothing to play for! :lmao:

Would be great, but not likely. Most likely, Denver would have to lose 2/3 to Balt, Buf, and Oak, with Cinci going 3-0 over the next 3.

There are a few scenarios where Denver would only have to lose one of those games - if Den loses to Bal or Buf and Cin goes 3-0, AND Cin is in position to have a stronger strength of victory no matter what happens last game, Cin would win the tiebreaker.

In order to be a classy organization, you never intentionally lose to rub in another team's nose. The Bengals now have the confidence to beat the Steelers... so it won't matter if we play them or someone else in the playoffs. Frankly, I don't think the Steelers are going to the playoffs regardless of what happens that last week.

In order to be a classy organization, you never intentionally lose to rub in another team's nose. The Bengals now have the confidence to beat the Steelers... so it won't matter if we play them or someone else in the playoffs. Frankly, I don't think the Steelers are going to the playoffs regardless of what happens that last week.

I Unfortunately, feel the Steeler will run the table. They play Chicago[no offense] at pitt, the Vikings[first hard team to play in a month], cleveland and detroit at pitt. This is not a hard schedule. If the last game means nothing to us, we need to lose to KC on purpose because KC has a hard schedule and I would rather play them at home then the steelers.

I Unfortunately, feel the Steeler will run the table. They play Chicago[no offense] at pitt, the Vikings[first hard team to play in a month], cleveland and detroit at pitt. This is not a hard schedule. If the last game means nothing to us, we need to lose to KC on purpose because KC has a hard schedule and I would rather play them at home then the steelers.

It would not surprise me one bit if the Steelers ran the table. Which is why the Bengals need to take care of business the next two weeks. Lock up the division and bring 'em on! I don't see the Steelers winning twice at PBS -- and I surely don't want to spend the next eight months listening to Pitt fans complain about Ben's thumb and Trai Essex and Odell's hit and how they coulda shoulda woulda yadda yadda yadda. Bring 'em on, let's beat 'em down again and...to use again this season a line stolen from the late Hunter S. Thompson...

WE WILL MARCH ON A ROAD OF BONES!!! :bengal:

That's right. Pittsburgh doesn't scare me one damn bit. WE screwed ourselves at home as we all know and there is no way in hell they could be us at home twice. As a matter of fact that is who I want for all the reasons Joisey said. You know though, they will come up with a complete new batch of bulls**t excuses.

You NEVER throw a game for any reason whatesoever. If our position is locked in you might see a couple guys rested. You know who our coach is and he will expect whoever is in there to play just as well.

I think this game we will be playing for the #2 seed and therefore the bye, it will also be a huge statement game if we can go somewhere that no road teams has won at in 10 years, and beat a tema fighting for their season to continue.

Imagine if we smoke them and win people would be nutting all over us.

why hasnt anyone mentioned the jags

with the jags upcoming schedule they should definitely be in, they are the most underrated team in the league

then the chargers will take the second wild card spot

it wont even matter if the steelers make it cause hte bengals can beat em

Play to win all of the games dang it! This is football! Screw the other teams, let the chips fall where they may...I don't care who we play.

Let's start with a very motivated Brown's team and work on that one today. We need to be at the top of our game and even improve in some areas the next four weeks...

After KC's loss and the implosion in San Diego, it looks like we will be welcoming Pitt back to the Jungle for a third "beating stick" game of the year. That is if Hines Ward can keep the tears from his eyes.

Bring on Pitt, like I said elsewhere it at least gives the Bengals a chance to shut their fans up once and for all this year -- and like others I ain't a-skeered o' the Steelers.

But...the interesting thing is that Pitt, KC and SD are now all 8-5. Assuming Jax doesn't falter, 2 of them won't make the playoffs, and Pitt has a head to head tiebreaker over SD. So...the Bengals could be faced with an interesting choice in week 17: beat KC and face Pitt -- or lose in KC and face KC the next week in Cincy...

Stay tuned...

After KC's loss and the implosion in San Diego, it looks like we will be welcoming Pitt back to the Jungle for a third "beating stick" game of the year. That is if Hines Ward can keep the tears from his eyes.

Bring on Pitt, like I said elsewhere it at least gives the Bengals a chance to shut their fans up once and for all this year -- and like others I ain't a-skeered o' the Steelers.

But...the interesting thing is that Pitt, KC and SD are now all 8-5. Assuming Jax doesn't falter, 2 of them won't make the playoffs, and Pitt has a head to head tiebreaker over SD. So...the Bengals could be faced with an interesting choice in week 17: beat KC and face Pitt -- or lose in KC and face KC the next week in Cincy...

Stay tuned...

Bring on the squeelers! Lets beat KC and bring that yellow and black team back to the Jungle!

WhoDey!

Stay tuned...

EXACTLY, Joisey Cat Brilliant.

This is how I feel it may play out. If KC beats the Giants and San Diego, and the steelers run the table and they will[i am no steeler fan]. Then this game Cincy @ KC will a major game upon wildcard scenarios. And since Denver plays San Diego on Saturday, all eyes will be on this game. I say do what the 1988 San Fransisco 49ers did.

The 49ers were locked into a playoff seed #2 and lost on purpose in the last game of the season in SAN Fransico 38-16 to eventual wildcard team #5 LA RAMS, so that the Giants were eliminated. I know this because I was in New York at this time and heard all the NY media and fans cry fowl at the 49ers and their tactics the Giants and 49ers were arch rivals. I laughed until that same 49ers team that lost on purpose beat my Bengals in the Superbowl.

Stay tuned...

EXACTLY, Joisey Cat Brilliant.

This is how I feel it may play out. If KC beats the Giants and San Diego, and the steelers run the table and they will[i am no steeler fan]. Then this game Cincy @ KC will a major game upon wildcard scenarios. And since Denver plays San Diego on Saturday, all eyes will be on this game. I say do what the 1988 San Fransisco 49ers did.

The 49ers were locked into a playoff seed #2 and lost on purpose in the last game of the season in SAN Fransico 38-16 to eventual wildcard team #5 LA RAMS, so that the Giants were eliminated. I know this because I was in New York at this time and heard all the NY media and fans cry fowl at the 49ers and their tactics the Giants and 49ers were arch rivals. I laughed until that same 49ers team that lost on purpose beat my Bengals in the Superbowl.