Battle of Ohio/Bengals v. Browns

turningpoint

Bengals can clinch the division sunday, with a win here and a steelers lose.

Braylon Edawrds is pretty much out sunday, he was carted off the field with a knee injury...and he's their #1 playmaker besides droughns.

They still will be potent with northcutt and bryant probably being their starters, and droughns hit the 1000yd mark like rudi. soo the offense isn't something to not worry about.

Also the Romeo Crennel D up there is palying well shutting out the Dolphins....but hey we have the best offense in the NFL..they're accomplishing something if they can hold us under 30.

anyways we win 31-17 IMO.

Considering the fact that the Steelers are playing the 9-3 Bears this week, this scenario may very well occurr.

Hell we can clinch a division title next week with a win and a Squeelers loss....... SAWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT... yeah im drunk right now.... too many celebratory beers.

Well it is time to look ahead to this Sunday. We have an opening line of -12.5 point favorites. I think we will win by a lot more than that. Charlie Frye is going to get picked apart Sunday. How bad do you think we are going to beat them this time?

The bad news just keeps coming for the browns. Braylon is out for the rest of the year with a torn ACL. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2248616

If you watched the Browns/Dolphin game you'd know how unimpressive the Brownie shutout was....coming courtesy of a clueless 3rd string opposing QB getting his first action. More telling is what happened the following weeks when the Jags and Vikings both took advantage of receivers who were shockingly open at critical times.

As for the lack of weapons, the loss of Edwards is magnified by the realtionship he has with Charlie Frye. With Antonio Bryant suddenly dropping almost everything thrown his way Edwards was the only reliable receiving option the Browns had.

This will be a closer game than the spread indicates. I hope I'm wrong and it is a blowout but it is not unreasonable to think there may be a slight lull after such a big game....hard to stay "up" for every one of them.

I think we see quite a bit of C. perry this week so Rudi can get some rest, and maybe even some O-Lineman getting some series off here and there. A good week to get Andrews, Viera and Guychuck some snaps. Same with Fanene, Pollack and back-up DB's, here and there.

The only reason this game scares me is that over the years, no matter how bad each team was, the Battle of Ohio always seems to be a split.(BTW, don't have any info to back that up, but it just seems that way in my head)

2004: Split - Loss at Cleveland, Win at home

2003: Split - Win at Cleveland, Loss at home

2002: Cleveland Both

2001: Split - Loss at Cleveland, Win at home

2000: Split - Win at Cleveland, Loss at home

1999: Bengals Both

So it looks like that statment does hold pretty true.

This game doesn't actually worry me, esp. with the Frye era apparently underway and Edwards out. Load up vs. Droughans and make Frye beat us (he won't). That said I would not be surprised to see the Bengals have a bit of a letdown after the big Pitt game. I think they win but it probably looks a lot more like the Houston game vs, say, the first 3 quarters of the second Ravens game.

Put me dead in the middle of the camp that wants to see the O-line continue to play. I understand wanting to get people some rest, but I think I would risk injury to one of them as opposed to having some 2nd or 3rd stringer in there blow a coverage and get Carson's asspiece handed to him and risk injury to HIM !!! The Browns will not have enough to keep up with the Bengals this upcoming weekend. Homegame with the chance to clinch ?? Marvin will have them focused and ready to go !!!

Bengals-31

Browns-10

WHODEY !!!

I wonder if Kitna or Krenzel might get some PT against Cleveland or Detroit (probably a better bet)? Or maybe Ghiaciuc, Andrews and Askew could get some reps too. But I guess if they play someone else would have to be inactive in their place.

I am sure many people on this team remember the 2003 season and that last game against the Browns, with a chance to clinch a winning record and a playoff berth on the line. I am sure Marvin will remind them of that game and the 34-17 beat down in Cleveland last year.

Cincy 35

Cleveland 21

Bengals have scored 38, 37 and 42 in the last three weeks against 3 top ten defenses.