Hines Ward

PMThor

It is fine to try and show up the current team.

But when a player disrespects the storied history of a team, that is when offense is taken. I hate the fact he did it, and I love the fact at the end of the game we all saw him with his head down on the bench. It is one thing to make a statement. It is another to back it up. Punk.

I really don't care what Hines Ward does or does not do in the end zone. He's a complete rip-off artist, and couldn't come up with something original to save his sorry life.

But the thing that surely rubs me wrong with what he did yesterday is that Chad had mentioned a couple of times that he was 'saving that for the playoffs'. The point is that he knew well and good that it was something Chad and the Bengals fans were looking toward. That's why I think it stooped to a whole new low.

He's a punk. He's a jerk. And you can add post-game pictures of him from yesterday to his long list of whiny experiences. Good.

But when a player disrespects the storied history of a team, that is when offense is taken. I hate the fact he did it, and I love the fact at the end of the game we all saw him with his head down on the bench. It is one thing to make a statement. It is another to back it up. Punk.

Oh, so CJ planning to "iron" a terible towel would have been ok? Shut the hell up you hypocrite!

CJ couldn't find the endzone again! :lol: Hines had 2 TD's, for his second one he should have ironed a towel and gave it to CJ. :lol: I guess Hines must be everything CJ wishes that he was. CJ couldn't back up all his talk, now could he? I guess that is really what you sore winners are so mad about. :blush:

See ya in the playoffs.

Oh, so CJ planning to "iron" a terible towel would have been ok? Shut the hell up you hypocrite!

CJ couldn't find the endzone again! :lol: Hines had 2 TD's, for his second one he should have ironed a towel and gave it to CJ. :lol: I guess Hines must be everything CJ wishes that he was. CJ couldn't back up all his talk, now could he? I guess that is really what you sore winners are so mad about. :blush:

See ya in the playoffs.

9-7 isn't going to get you in the playoffs.

See ya in the playoffs.

"See ya in the playoffs." hahaha yeah you will get to see us in the playoffs, sucks you won't be seeing the steelers in them though.

CJ couldn't find the endzone again! :lol: Hines had 2 TD's

You also won time of possession, first downs,total yards, QB passing yards....What's your point???

See ya in the playoffs.

TJ sure did get in the end zone - twice - and the Bengals have 3-4 WR's to go to - you can double up Chad all you want, as you witnessed, the Bengals' will just find other ways to beat you.

Hines' stupid antics and show of disrespect and classless celebration probably just ticked off the Bengals enough to ensure they wouldn't lose yesterday after seeing that.

But, Hines got his 2 TD's as you said, have a cookie, no one cares.

And if you DO see us in the playoffs, it'll be at PBS, and Chad will be waiting for y'all...

Does Ward have an original idea of his own? He does the Ickey Shuffle, the TO, the Ray Lewis, Chad's Riverdance and on and on. I feel like I am watching some kind of cheesy Elvis/Neil Diamond/Frank Sinatra review on a cruise ship or something.

He messed with the Ickey Shuffle and Tab Perry bit them in the ass.

1989sportsilllustratedickeywoo.jpg

Yeah the Tab Perry Kickoff return couldn't have come at a better time right after the stupid Ward rip off dance. Why is Ward the only WR in the NFL that can't come up with his own celebrations? I personally woudn't copy other dances because it makes you look stupid and unoriginal, but if that is what Hines wants than so be it. I bet Hines barely gets 1000 yards recieving this season and still make the probowl because of all the stupid Steeler homers that vote him in every year.

See ya in the playoffs.

Ummm, nowhere did I say that would be okay, now did I? So how can I be a hypocrite then? Reading comrehension is lost on you. Ward made a point to mock our history. He showed that he doesn't respect what has happened in our past.

Chad did nothing of the sort. You may believe that CJ was going to "iron" a towel, but it didn't happen, so that is a non starter for your argument. I plan on marrying Uma Thurman. Her name would then be Uma Thor-Thurman. But will it happen? You can't argue against something that didn't happen. Nice try though. Have fun trying to squeak into the playoffs.

I think next time Ward wants to copy a dance, next time practice. The first td celebration of the riverdance looked more like the running man than it did the riverdance. Then yesterday he tried to do the Icky Shuffle, which was horrible. Hines you are supposed to shuffle not slide like an ice skater, and at the end you are supposed to spike the ball and not run over to the stands and hand the ball to a fan. Stupid Ward. I just don't see how Steeler fans like this guy so much. He makes the Steelers, fans included look stupid. Is that what you want Steeler fans to look stupid?

Does Ward have an original idea of his own? He does the Ickey Shuffle, the TO, the Ray Lewis, Chad's Riverdance and on and on. I feel like I am watching some kind of cheesy Elvis/Neil Diamond/Frank Sinatra review on a cruise ship or something.

He messed with the Ickey Shuffle and Tab Perry bit them in the ass.

No, Ward does not have an original idea of his own, nor does he want one. He only mocks those WR's who plan on being silly like TO and CJ. You won't see Hines do any mocking against teams who don't have a flamboyant WR.

You'll never see Ward practicing a TD celabration, so I guess they all will be crappy. He's to woried about playing the game then some stupid celebration.

CJ is more of a talented route runner then Ward, so mabe he has the time to think about stuff like that.

Hey, you guys can hate on Ward all you want. We love him and so would you if you had him playing for the Bengals. He's a true team player who is not afraid to sacrifice his body to make a good block and help out the next guy. Ward was a third string guy who worked his ass off to get on the starting line up, and he still gives 110% even though he's made it as a star in the NFL. You'll never see him yelling at the QB or pointing fingers. He will say he want's the ball more, but like he said, you don't belong in the NFL if you don't want the ball more.

Ward is a class act, even if he can't dance. :lmao:

See ya in the playoffs.

Man, you have entirely missed the point here. I could not care less how much Hines 'rips off' other guys when he celebrates useless touchdowns. I think he is a complete rip-off artist that couldn't come up with any original to save his sorry life, but other than that, who cares? He can do what he wants, just like all the other guys can (including Chad). My problem with Hines is that he KNEW Chad had told the fans that he was going to save that for the playoffs. That's more than a baseless rip-off. That's simply rude and disrespectful of a fellow player's intentions. See the difference? Ugh ... Steeler fans. When will I ever get out of this town? I'm really hoping you can at least see that difference ... please ... please tell me you can understand this. I'm holding out hope that Steeler fans are not completely senseless.

"We love him and so would you if you had him playing for the Bengals. He's a true team player who is not afraid to sacrifice his body to make a good block and help out the next guy. Ward was a third string guy who worked his ass off to get on the starting line up, and he still gives 110% even though he's made it as a star in the NFL. You'll never see him yelling at the QB or pointing fingers. He will say he want's the ball more, but like he said, you don't belong in the NFL if you don't want the ball more.

Ward is a class act, even if he can't dance."

Finally, something a Squeeler fan says that I can agree with! You're right, if we had him he would be off the charts popular in Cincinnati. That said, it's becuase he's such a stand up guy and competitor that this whole mocking thing look bad on him. If he really has that much contempt for TO and CJ (which I doubt) then IMHO he should walk the walk and lead by example and stay away from that nonsense.

"We love him and so would you if you had him playing for the Bengals. He's a true team player who is not afraid to sacrifice his body to make a good block and help out the next guy. Ward was a third string guy who worked his ass off to get on the starting line up, and he still gives 110% even though he's made it as a star in the NFL. You'll never see him yelling at the QB or pointing fingers. He will say he want's the ball more, but like he said, you don't belong in the NFL if you don't want the ball more.

Finally, something a Squeeler fan says that I can agree with! You're right, if we had him he would be off the charts popular in Cincinnati. That said, it's becuase he's such a stand up guy and competitor that this whole mocking thing look bad on him. If he really has that much contempt for TO and CJ (which I doubt) then IMHO he should walk the walk and lead by example and stay away from that nonsense.

Ward certainly has made it known that he respects CJ, I don't know about TO though. Hines and CJ are just having fun, maybe that's the best example to set. It is a game you know... :cheers:

Ward certainly has made it known that he respects CJ, I don't know about TO though. Hines and CJ are just having fun, maybe that's the best example to set. It is a game you know... :cheers:

I agree. I bet CJ laughed his ass off when Ward did that. Personally, I love Hines Ward, because it apprears as if he has more fun playing the game than anyone else. That is what he has in common with Chad.

I think next time Ward wants to copy a dance, next time practice. The first td celebration of the riverdance looked more like the running man than it did the riverdance. Then yesterday he tried to do the Icky Shuffle, which was horrible. Hines you are supposed to shuffle not slide like an ice skater, and at the end you are supposed to spike the ball and not run over to the stands and hand the ball to a fan. Stupid Ward. I just don't see how Steeler fans like this guy so much. He makes the Steelers, fans included look stupid. Is that what you want Steeler fans to look stupid?

I totally agree, its one thing to copy or imitate another's dance, but it's another to make it look god-awful. Hines looked like a clown doing the riverdance. You could have had a sober 40 year old white do guy a better dance than that. And the ickey-shuffle, I mean that's legendary--if you can't mock it the right way, don't mock it at all.

One other thing, I guess I can't rip on Hines because he does produce (somehow), but why do all corners give him so much respect. Man up on him and make him beat you, bc I don't think he's that good. He's not that tall, not that fast, and honestly his routes aren't that crisp either. I mean, he's really the only WR threat they have, so I guess he get's open bc teams are always worried more about the Steelers run game. I feel like he makes all his catches cause corners play off or are in some zone. Get up in his fat face and mirror him down the field!

I totally agree, its one thing to copy or imitate another's dance, but it's another to make it look god-awful. Hines looked like a clown doing the riverdance. You could have had a sober 40 year old white do guy a better dance than that. And the ickey-shuffle, I mean that's legendary--if you can't mock it the right way, don't mock it at all.

One other thing, I guess I can't rip on Hines because he does produce (somehow), but why do all corners give him so much respect. Man up on him and make him beat you, bc I don't think he's that good. He's not that tall, not that fast, and honestly his routes aren't that crisp either. I mean, he's really the only WR threat they have, so I guess he get's open bc teams are always worried more about the Steelers run game. I feel like he makes all his catches cause corners play off or are in some zone. Get up in his fat face and mirror him down the field!

Hines is good. No doubt about it. He's the best #2 receiver in the league ... maybe the best #2 receiver in history. Honestly, that shouldn't be a big knock on him, although I know it will be looked at that way. The bottom line is he is a great #2 possession-style receive, who blocks better than any other. But he's still #2 style ... and that's the biggest problem for the Steelers. They have swapped out a true #1 receiver so they could keep a 'hard-hitting #2 receiver', but make him think he is #1. Hey, it's the Steeler way. (insert grunting, moaning, and groaning here) That, and a Randle El and a Cowher will get you a nice regular season record, a lot of trash talk, and a disappointing end to the season.