Week 6 at Tennessee

We've had our day of complaining about the loss. It's time for us to move on and get ready for the Titans and avenge last season's loss! I still think of that team as the Oilers, so I treat the game as another "divisional" game and I want to beat them bad this year, not only for the sake of the standings, but because they are the Oilers! WHO DEY!!

:bengal:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there supporting our team. Can't wait!

The key to winning this week is attacking their secondary. Brat needs to call an aggressive game. This is a team that can be knocked down early if you get off to a hot start.

They can be run on as well (as you saw against Pitt), but the passing game is where we can really dominate.

On defense we have two missions. First, we have to stop the run. If we stop the run early, the Titans have shown a tendency to abandon it all-together. If they do that, then our secondary can have a field day.

Secondly, we have to watch out for their tight ends. They have 3 guys that can all make plays. We've had problems covering tight ends in the past, and our linebackers will be tested in that area again this week.

I hope people don't think this will be a 'cake-walk'. They are well coached and will try to exploit the Bengal weaknesses. The good news is that Braham and M. Williams have been upgraded to probable.

No word on TJ yet. His hand has to be broken. Can they get a real flippin doctor to look at his damn hand? this crap is getting old!

Has anyone seen an early spread? I'm guessing the Cats will be favored anywhere from 2.5 to 4 points. Can a Bengal whip a Titan? What the hell is a Titan. Is that like a Teen Titan? I like a tiger to woop that little Robin dudes butt...

I hope people don't think this will be a 'cake-walk'. They are well coached and will try to exploit the Bengal weaknesses. The good news is that Braham and M. Williams have been upgraded to probable.

No word on TJ yet. His hand has to be broken. Can they get a real flippin doctor to look at his damn hand? this crap is getting old!

Has anyone seen an early spread? I'm guessing the Cats will be favored anywhere from 2.5 to 4 points. Can a Bengal whip a Titan? What the hell is a Titan. Is that like a Teen Titan? I like a tiger to woop that little Robin dudes butt...

Titans are mythical giant race that supposedly rivaled the Greek Gods.

This game could prove to be very tough. The Titans should be able to run the ball well, Chris Brown is certainly no bum. Their defense is nothing to be desired, so if we can jump out to an early lead lik we did earlier in the season, we should be fine. If they are too far behind to run the ball, then there is no way we lose this game. Then again, the Bengals have always struggled against the Titans/Oilers, especially on the road.

Bengals 27 Titans 17

Before the season started, I had this one chalked up as an easy win for the Bengals. This will be a huge game though for the Bengals...if they can get a win and slit this two game road swing, they'd have to feel pretty good about themselves going into the 2 game homestand. But Tennessee and McNair always seems to give this team fits. Bullock and Haynesworth are tough on defense and Drew Bennett is a decent receiver. But if the Bengals show up angry coming off the tough loss, I think they'll get the win. I'll say...

Bengals 27

Titans 17.

I also predicted this would be a win for us. I look for Brat to do many things early to get Chad some catches. When they play too far off Chad they flip it out to him and let him create. I expect to see a couple of those. I'd say 8-10 catches for 85. We must be careful here though because a slip up and we could be 4-3 and wondering what the hell happened. I like our chances against Pittsburgh at home but we all know what they can do. I still think we win this week and if we keep Brown in check we win comfortably.

The Bengals have always had trouble defending Steve McNair, that is something that worries me about this game. I hope the Bengals spread them out and throw the ball, Pac Man and Woolfolk were exposed against the Colts two weeks ago, and I hope the Bengals can do the same thing.

Bengals should win

CIN 24 TEN 21

I think Brown will rip us for a few long runs. I believe we will give up yards in the middle of the field, but that the secondary will show up this week. I'll go on record that we have an improved game here and the offense gets tracked better and is able to dictate and manage the game for us. I do not think that TN has the suffocating d line that gave us trouble vs. the Jags. As a result, I think this is the kind of team we will be better able to handle. I think the matchups (if not the head-to-head history) favor the Bengals this week. I do not fear the Titans receiver corps. For the trolls, this is not smack, this is my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Bengals 30

Titans 21

Titans are mythical giant race that supposedly rivaled the Greek Gods.

The Titans were the fore-fathers of the Olympian gods. Some of these gods opposed Zeus and the Olympian gods when they rose to power and those Titans were cast down into Tartarus (in the underworld, lower than Hades). The remainder of the Titans who didn't fight became key gods in the new administration under Zeus. One Titan, the godess of the dawn Eos, was the mother of the four winds. In one poem, one of the four winds, Zephyrus, was said to be the father of tigers because of the swiftness of the animals. The same poem goes on to say that this was poetic license ... "Yet Zephyros is not its [the tigers] sire; who would believe that wild beasts mated with an airy bridegroom?

So there's the relationship between Bengals and Titans. Aren't you glad you asked? :P

Actually, Saturn (king of titans) was Jupiter's father. Other titans were Kronos (Titan of Time), Kraken (Titan of Water), Atlas (Titan of Strength, who was punished by forever carrying the Earth on his back) and Prometheus (who disobeyed Zeus in giving fire to the mortal men and was chained to a mountain for all time getting his entrails eaten by vultures..greek mythology is so entertaining)

Cronus/Saturn was a Titan and the father of Zeus/Jupiter. Because Cronus had been told his son would overtake him, he would swallow his children after they were born. Zeus survived because his mother Rhea gave Cronus a stone wrapped up in baby clothes instead of Zeus. And then Zeus grew up, battled his father, set his siblings free, went on with the other Olympians to cast out the Titans and the rest is mythology.

And on a technical note (as if it weren't already), Chronos or Kronos wasn't a Titan. Don't get him confused with Cronus/Saturn. Chronos was a personification of time and in the lineage of everything, he preceeded the Titans.

I am amazed how much the mythology I studied in school has stuck. There are so many things that I want to remember that I can't because all the space is taken up with Greek myth!! :confused:

Cronus/Saturn was a Titan and the father of Zeus/Jupiter. Because Cronus had been told his son would overtake him, he would swallow his children after they were born. Zeus survived because his mother Rhea gave Cronus a stone wrapped up in baby clothes instead of Zeus. And then Zeus grew up, battled his father, set his siblings free, went on with the other Olympians to cast out the Titans and the rest is mythology.

And on a technical note (as if it weren't already), Chronos or Kronos wasn't a Titan. Don't get him confused with Cronus/Saturn. Chronos was a personification of time and in the lineage of everything, he preceeded the Titans.

I am amazed how much the mythology I studied in school has stuck. There are so many things that I want to remember that I can't because all the space is taken up with Greek myth!! :confused:

Let me get this straight. What?

Let me get this straight. What?

It's good old Greek mythology. It can be groovy, but if you're not fond of playing games on your calculator, or rolling dice for every action in life, then you're not likely to care.

:P

They have a great Defense.

:blink:

Historically, yes I agree. But now? That Titan defense is among the worst in the league... They can't stop the run at all, and two weeks ago Manning devoured them. We should be able to do the same. They have the youngest defense in the league.

i got a free ticket for the game from my cousin that lives in nashville so i got a plane ticket and am going to the game!!! we won when i was in chicago so they gotta win when im in tennessee. lets go bengals gdi!!!

btw anyone else going to the game?