Forum Member Diversity

BengalszoneBilly

was in the USAF. Now work for DP&L. I do their telecomm, phones, programming switches, cabling, fiber optics, etc, etc, etc. Going to Sinclair for computers.

Play guitar www.freewebs.com/exit74

www.myspace.com/exit84music

www.myspace.com/kenyon1977

Work on computers on the side for beer money.

Active in the VFW. Post 6861 here in Fairborn.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about if I PM you my email address? You must not tease the Boobiemiester. :sadwalk:

Uh, I don't think so. I don't need images of my wife being used as computer wallpaper or worse out there somewhere. :blush:

Well I didn't know those images were of your little woman! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Well right now, I'm working for Siemens Medical, helping hock medical equipment to private hospitals in the southeast of Engalnd. Am earning a bit of moola so that my family and I can move Stateside and my wife can finish her post grad studies. I'm a Biologist though and want to get into research as my long term goal.

Well right now, I'm working for Siemens Medical, helping hock medical equipment to private hospitals in the southeast of Engalnd. Am earning a bit of moola so that my family and I can move Stateside and my wife can finish her post grad studies. I'm a Biologist though and want to get into research as my long term goal.

Thanks for responding Pidge, but I have a question. I was under the impression that England had a socialized medical system for Britons. This is something the American Democrats championed in these parts. What gives with these private hospitals? Is it some way to circumvent the health care that the general public must contend with?

While the threads back up, I'll give you guys an update... I picked up a second job at the Olive Garden. I'm bussing tables believe it or not. As pathetic as that may seem, I swear I'm not a loser. I'm doing it so that my fiance can go to school and also so that my daughter doesn't have to go to daycare. With me working a second job, She can stay at home with the baby and go to school for 2 classes a semester. She has ambitions of becoming a RN within 4 year... On a really good night, I can leave the place making $18/hr and I average about $12.50-$14/hr.

Not bad for a second job. Plus it has its perks like working with HOT college chicks that I get to flirt with. One of them has already asked me join her at a bar for drinks (you know what that means). This chick is 5'11" and looks like a dark haired "Donna" from That 70's Show. Talk about temptation.

Thanks for responding Pidge, but I have a question. I was under the impression that England had a socialized medical system for Britons. This is something the American Democrats championed in these parts. What gives with these private hospitals? Is it some way to circumvent the health care that the general public must contend with?

Well, to give my uninformed, and unsaked, opinon......

The NHS (national health system) is incredibly inefficient at times and grossly underfunded. However, generally speaking, it is a good thing. Along with a few horror stories the press love to concentrate on, millions of people have all their health care needs taken care of. However, it's a black hole as far as money goes. All governments over here, of any political persuasion, don't have the brass balls to raise taxes to the necessary levels to run the system properly and the money they do get from taxes is pissed away due to their incompetence in administration, compounding the problem. However, for those below the poverty line, it's far better than nothing I guess - so in that sense it's a success.

In other words, great idea but sky high taxes are needed. Without those it's always going to have problems. Naturally, sky high taxes isn't a great political manifesto to run with. :D

There are many many private hospitals throughout the UK in addition to this. I myself have private health insurance for my family. The NHS hospitals are fine as far as ER situations go but I'm much more comfortable going into to a private hospital for any important, arranged operations which require a lengthy stay. My taxes still go to the NHS though, which I don't mind really. I am still allowed to use that system after all, I just choose not to.

There are a myriad of problems involved with a nationalized, publicly funded health care system and infrastructure. That's when it funded properly! Without the great swathes of public taxes, then it'll be doomed to failure (or inefficiency at best) in whatever country. Not what you want when talking about hospitals really. Great idea but few governments - few voters for that matter - are prepared to face the ugly truth. GET YOUR WALLETS OUT!

Denmark has a fantastic public health care system as far as I've heard. They also pay some pretty hefty taxes for the privilege. They are prepared to do that. Just depends on the social and economic landscape of different nations I guess.

My NHS dentist is absolutely brilliant though. Top notch care.

EDIT: Reading it back, I make sound like they are still bleeding people out to cure a migraine and amputating broken limbs. :lol: Without private health insurance, I wouldn't lie awake at night worrying about the situation. The NHS does it's job for the most part.

Maybe one or two paragraphs of that insomniac inspired ramble prove useful to ya Billy.

• 3 months later...

I grew up mostly in Florence, was born in Detroit, and also have lived in Toledo, Washington Court House, Louisville, and Atlanta.

I started following the Bengals when I was 11. That was the year they went to the Superbowl 23. Ever since then, being a Bengals fan has been mostly disappointing.

I live in Erlanger now, I work doing oil changes and tires, and have twin 8 year old Bengals fans. They still love Chad, and I don't have the heart to tell them what a douchenozzle he is (especially since I bought them 85 jerseys before he turned into an ass).

Anyhow, my struggle right now is trying to find a higher paying job while not sacrificing time with them. I have split custody with my ex-wife (who I also believe to be closely related to the devil.....) and I refuse to give up my time with them. So there it is....

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Billy, well I guess anyone else, do you guys play military video games? More specifically, do you guys play Battlefield 1942?

Sure do. Although it's somewhat dated now, my favorite is "The Return To Castle Wolfenstien". I'll have to give 1942 a try though! :)

Forgive me for coming to this party about four years too late, but I remember playing the original Wolfenstein on Apple II Plus. I've loved every incarnation since.

I'm from SoCal, and have been a Bengals fan since I can remember(ok, as a small child it was the helmets that originally drew me) and since the '82 Super Bowl, i was hooked.

I own my own business, after graduating with a Business Degree from the University of Oregon(Go Ducks), Where I also played Football, and played in the

1995 Rose Bowl, where we unfortunately lost to Ki-Jana Carter's Penn State Nittany Lions.

I'm from SoCal, and have been a Bengals fan since I can remember(ok, as a small child it was the helmets that originally drew me) and since the '82 Super Bowl, i was hooked.

I own my own business, after graduating with a Business Degree from the University of Oregon(Go Ducks), Where I also played Football, and played in the

1995 Rose Bowl, where we unfortunately lost to Ki-Jana Carter's Penn State Nittany Lions.

Cool, what type of business do you own?

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's what I call agony.

Cool, what type of business do you own?

I own a Property Management Company in Socal, where my team specializes in residential property management, ranging from single family homes to appartment complexes, I am also an active real-estate investor.

• 4 months later...

i don't post much, i just read :)

but i'm a senior at UC, and i bartend at christy's and work at habanero (the best burritos in the city). and i hate mike brown daily.

• 8 months later...