sorry, cannot bash corey dillon

KYBENGALFAN

think about it folks, if we're unable to unload corey dillon, and he comes back... are we all going to forgive him or boo him every time he touches the ball. let's hold off on the bashing until he's no longer a bengal...WHO DEY !! :o

think about it folks, if we're unable to unload corey dillon, and he comes back... are we all going to forgive him or boo him every time he touches the ball. let's hold off on the bashing until he's no longer a bengal...WHO DEY !! :o

I will forget if CD forgets and becomes a Bengal again. He is not a Bengal. All he cares about is himself. Do you think that will change? I would think we would have a better chance of a woman starting at QB next year for the Bengals. CD is gone. He has to be gone. The Bengals can not be a team with him back.

I like his abilities.. attitude needs adjusting, but we've got to get something in return other than just letting him go.. Doesn't make sense to dump a guy and still have to eat his salary for 2 years..

I heard Steve Czaban talking abou this on KGME 910 sports radio in Phx. He said that if we release CD after June 1, his bonus can be defered over two years, which would be about $1.5 mil per year (if I heard him right). He also made it sound like his salary wouldn't be counted against the cap. I'm not a cap wizard, that's just what the guy said or implied.

Are you guys serious? There is no way on God's green earth that Marvin would allow that uniform chuckin' prima donna back into the locker room!! Although I would like to see Willie Anderson just kick his worthless ass!! :o

Are you guys serious? There is no way on God's green earth that Marvin would allow that uniform chuckin' prima donna back into the locker room!! Although I would like to see Willie Anderson just kick his worthless ass!! :o

I hope you're right Billy.

My nightmare has been just this:

No one offers crap for him and mikey cannot fathom the loss. I am most often in favor of fiscal responsibilty, but this is the time to be frivalous.

Cut the bastard!!!!! (if we must). :angry:

He won't be back, think about it for a second with Anderson's comments -- I'm sure it's the consensus of the whole lockerroom.

However, if he does come back and succeed great! If not, then nothing changes, how is it any different than last season. We need a stable running back, non of this rotation crap. Whether it's corey, Rudi, Perry, Jones, it doesn't matter, we need ONE feature back.

I heard Steve Czaban talking abou this on KGME 910 sports radio in Phx.  He said that if we release CD after June 1, his bonus can be defered over two years, which would be about $1.5 mil per year (if I heard him right).  He also made it sound like his salary wouldn't be counted against the cap.  I'm not a cap wizard, that's just what the guy said or implied.

If we release CD before June 1, the remaining chunk of his signing bonus that counts against the cap (about $4 million). If we cut him after June 1, we can spread that into 2 $2 million hits, one next year and one in '05. That's what the Bengals normally do.

CD's salary is scheduled to be about $3 million/year in '04 and '05; that's where we "save" against the cap if we cut him.

well....i can and will return the favor and bash __ . why? becaused he bashed us for the last 3 years and especially THIS year. turn around is fair play. personally i hope he returns with his new team and nets MINUS yards against us. plus let some other poor unsuspecting team deal with his "I" attitude. i will really feel for their fans.

I heard Steve Czaban talking abou this on KGME 910 sports radio in Phx.  He said that if we release CD after June 1, his bonus can be defered over two years, which would be about $1.5 mil per year (if I heard him right).  He also made it sound like his salary wouldn't be counted against the cap.  I'm not a cap wizard, that's just what the guy said or implied.

If we release CD before June 1, the remaining chunk of his signing bonus that counts against the cap (about $4 million). If we cut him after June 1, we can spread that into 2 $2 million hits, one next year and one in '05. That's what the Bengals normally do.

CD's salary is scheduled to be about $3 million/year in '04 and '05; that's where we "save" against the cap if we cut him.

Jesus Joisey!! How the hell do you keep those facts at your finger tips!?! Good data, I will say!!

As soon as Anderson and anybody else who wanted to finished kicking his ass for him, Lewis should do the same thing with him that was done to Keyshawn.

Get out of my locker room and stay out. I don't want you anywhere near my team you effin leper you.

AH....remember the Akili Smith deal; lewis kept quiet....and...BOOM!!!!! gone... sounds like the same to me for a-hole..... read between lewis' lines..... he says alot by not saying it....... just like with my buddy KIT. i expect palmer will be #1 in camp and the job will be his to lose knowing Kit can step in. what a great way to big him into the league!!

Corey gave us all some great memories during the worst stretch of the Bengals existance. So for that I am grateful. He accomplished some great things here.

It is time to move on. It is obvious that the man will never be happy whether it is here or somewhere else. Keeping him would be a bad thing. I don't know if Rudi Johnson is the long term answer, but his attitude is certainly refreshing.

For all of his accomplishments, I never felt like Corey could carry the team on his back. He said he wanted things to change around here and they did but he did not. He is stuck and it's best to move him on.

Maybe it was a rookie mistake but I wonder if the Marvin Lewis of 2006 would have tried to play both guys or if he would have sat Corey in favor of Rudi?

See ya CD Inc.

Hopefully the Raiders would take him for in exchange for their number 1 - I doubt it though. I could see CD in a Lion suit next season - they suck and that would serve him right.

If they can't get a number 1 pick out of him - trade him to the CFL :ph34r: OR to the Barcelona Dragons for a can of Vienna Sausage and a candy bar to be named later! :lol:

PS How do you get an avatar below your username?

Hopefully the Raiders would take him for in exchange for their number 1 - I doubt it though. I could see CD in a Lion suit next season - they suck and that would serve him right.

If they can't get a number 1 pick out of him - trade him to the CFL :ph34r: OR to the Barcelona Dragons for a can of Vienna Sausage and a candy bar to be named later! :lol:

PS How do you get an avatar below your username?

Click on My controls and then edit avatar settings.

Bottom line on CD, compliments of PFW's Ken Bikoff

Corey, you’re a pretty smart guy. It’s always a good idea to jump off the bandwagon just when it’s about to get rolling. Go ask Ricky Watters what kind of fate awaits a loudmouth back who complains too much about his role with a team.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Comme...ikoff010204.htm

(PS note the digs on AZ & SF lower in the column. Nice not to be the whipping boy any more, ain't it? :))