Where to sit in the stadium?

izzi

Newbie from the other side of the world looking for some advice! I'm trying to get hold of tickets for the Bengals-Packers game, and take in the game as part of a holiday. I'm from Scotland and have been a Bengals fan for over 10 years, so this is going to be an amazing trip if it manages to come together! Failed to get tickets on ticketmaster so I'm having to rummage round ebay and online ticket brokers. There doesn't seem to be a huge choice of areas and it's quite a bit more expensive - but I expected both of those things!

So, can people give me some ideas of where is a good place to sit? The reasonably priced options seem to be either reeeeeeally high up on the sides, or lower down in the end zones, with a few options for the corners. You guys must have some experience of all areas of the stadium, where would you recommend?

(and if anyone has 2 tickets they don't need for that game tell me how much you want for them!)

I think that you're going to have a good seat and a good time wherever you sit. My season tickets are in section 122 in the endzone and I think that that angle of view is fairly nice. You can see the plays develop from a different perspective than you you usually do by watching TV.

Of course, ideally you want to be between the 30 yard lines in the middle of the field in the first section....but that's going to cost you big time.

My recommendation to you is maybe to wait until closer to the game day and look on e-bay for fans that have to give up the Packers tickets as a part of their 2 game package. You'll be surprised that alot of fans will start the asking price at face value. The last resort would be with a ticket broker, in my opinion. Good luck, man.

thanks for the advice :) I'm planning on going with my bf (yes I'm female) and he's been saying we should just go for any seat just to be there, but of course I am doing my usual thing of wanting to get the best for my money! I'm sure I'll have a great time no matter where we end up sitting.

cincyhokie - I did think about waiting until nearer the time, but I'm a bit worried there will either be no tickets, or people will be so keen they will shoot up in price. But I do have a bit of time before I have to start thinking about plane flights and hotels...

thanks for the advice :) I'm planning on going with my bf (yes I'm female) and he's been saying we should just go for any seat just to be there, but of course I am doing my usual thing of wanting to get the best for my money! I'm sure I'll have a great time no matter where we end up sitting.

cincyhokie - I did think about waiting until nearer the time, but I'm a bit worried there will either be no tickets, or people will be so keen they will shoot up in price. But I do have a bit of time before I have to start thinking about plane flights and hotels...

Izzi, given that you are coming from so far away, my advice is to go ahead and make your arrangement on tickets now through a broker. You will want to know for sure you will have a seat when you begin your journey, one less thing to worry about.

Plus, there is this...what if the Bengals and Packers both get off to roaring starts and their game on October 30 is THE marquee game of the weekend? Add in the Packers fans (tons everywhere), and I don't see tix being cheaper as the event approaches, but that's just me, perhaps. Given how quickly the Packers/Texans pack disappeared, I don't think the usual rules apply on that game.

Get your tix ahead of time.

Izzi, given that you are coming from so far away, my advice is to go ahead and make your arrangement on tickets now through a broker. You will want to know for sure you will have a seat when you begin your journey, one less thing to worry about.

I was indeed surprised at how quickly they disappeared through ticketmaster - in about 3mins it seemed! I've just been browsing stubhub.com and unfortunately they only ship to the US and Canada, and on the site say most tickets are sent out 7 days before the game. So that's not really going to work, it might have to be an ebay purchase now I think.

Thanks for the help from everyone by the way, I really appreciate it! I didn't think getting tickets was going to be quite this epic a task.

I was indeed surprised at how quickly they disappeared through ticketmaster - in about 3mins it seemed! I've just been browsing stubhub.com and unfortunately they only ship to the US and Canada, and on the site say most tickets are sent out 7 days before the game. So that's not really going to work, it might have to be an ebay purchase now I think.

Thanks for the help from everyone by the way, I really appreciate it! I didn't think getting tickets was going to be quite this epic a task.

Yeah, I would stay away from stubhub. My advice to wait some time and check out e-bay is that because the games were sold in 2's, you're going to have alot of fans that can't make both games. It is true, though, that if the game becomes a real match-up then the tickets may go up in value. Maybe, it'll be safer for you to get the tickets at least before the season starts. Definately give e-bay a try before you go to the brokers.

Failte gu Izzi.

I've sent you a Personal Message regards your trip to Cincy. Hope it all pans out all right.

I'm in a similar situation - never been to Cincinnati before and wanting to see the Packers game. I'm already going to Cincinnati that weekend, with a group from school. They're not going for the game, but I am going to skip that day to go see the Bengals. However, it looks like I'll be going alone. I've thought about bidding on eBay - either for one ticket (rare to find), or for two. If I were to buy two, I would end up selling the other one at the game probably. I'm either going for endzone, or upper level (something cheap). Any advice you guys have on the cheapest way to get tickets is appreciated

If I were you, I'd take my time and scope out e-bay and message boards. I'm from Milwaukee and I'll let you know the Packer fans love to travel to follow their team. I really don't see these tickets being available for "face value" the closer to game time. I was able to get the tic pack and feel VERY lucky. I think one reason it sold out so quickly is because of the Packer fans, and of course the ticket scalpers.....uh, I mean "brokers".

On a side note, I can't wait for that game. My GF and I will be down that weekend. She used to be a GB fan but I've gotten her to see the light! It's so cute when the beam comes out of the sky and they utter the words "who dey" for the very first time.

Oh, one more thing I just thought of. You can always come to the stadium, once the game starts the "street value" will go down.

If I were you, I'd take my time and scope out e-bay and message boards. I'm from Milwaukee and I'll let you know the Packer fans love to travel to follow their team. I really don't see these tickets being available for "face value" the closer to game time. I was able to get the tic pack and feel VERY lucky. I think one reason it sold out so quickly is because of the Packer fans, and of course the ticket scalpers.....uh, I mean "brokers".

On a side note, I can't wait for that game. My GF and I will be down that weekend. She used to be a GB fan but I've gotten her to see the light! It's so cute when the beam comes out of the sky and they utter the words "who dey" for the very first time.

If you get onto E-bay right now, you'll be surprised how many 2 seat packages are going for face value or very close to.

I didn't see any Packers tickets going that low, however. It was mostly Vikings and Texans tickets.

I actually found a starting bid for the Bengals@Jacksonville for $33 a ticket. For a Sunday night game, that looked almost unreal.

I bought tickets to the Texans game on ebay, and got a great deal. I tried to get them through ticketmaster, and then sell the GB tickets, but as you all know, they ran out pretty quick. I may have been lucky they sold out so quick though, it saved me money.

Ticketmaster has a service charge of $11.30 a ticket, so I would have gotten seats that would have been $138.60. On ebay, I got them, right at the 50 yard line for an even $120.

I know they are the nose bleeds, but the last time I went to a Bengals game... 14 years ago against the New England Patriots (We won 29-7 to finish the season 3-13. We sucked, but they sucked more). Anyway, we had tickets really close to the field, only 14 or 15 rows back, and any time the action was down field, I couldn't see anything. I had to go primarily on the reaction of the crowd to know if it was good or bad.

We snuck up to some empty seats in the nose bleeds (there were plenty, we were 2-13 at the time), and the view was awesome. I could actually see what was happening for the second half of the game. So I am pumped up about being near the 50 yard line in the nose bleeds. I'll bring some binoculars, and I'll be able to see everything.

Of course, that is just my experience, but more on topic, yeah, get tickets on ebay. Shop around, and e-mail the "buy-it-now" guys. I still talked my guy down about $5, and he was already charging less than anyone else. Ebay is definietly the way to go.

P.S. I am so pumped up about being a Bengals game, and actually having the feeling that the game might mean something. I've never done this before!

Start thinking about hotels and plane flights, the earlier you book a room, the cheaper you can get them!

thanks again for the advice.

derekshank - your review as made me happier with the idea of sitting way up high! I've not been too keen as it's pretty far from the action but you seem to have found it better than sitting close..

jditty47 - interesting to know that's what happened last year. My bf has been stressing we should get tickets ASAP so I think I will start to think along those lines as well!

i sat 3rd row, 3rd deck at the 20 yard line. bomb ass seats. best seats are like 25 rows from the bottom to about the first 10 rows in the 3rd deck...anywhere from the 10 yard line to the 10 yard line.

at least thats my opinion.

i sat in row 9 at like the 25 yd line 2 years ago down in arizona...didnt like it cuz it was too close and u couldnt see much once it was on the other end of the field.