No Jamal Sunday

HoosierCat

from bengals.com:

The Bengals emerged healthier than the Ravens, at least on Wednesday, when Baltimore Pro Bowl RB Jamal Lewis told The Baltimore Sun he won't play on his injured ankle. How big of a relief is that for the Bengals? He's 7-for-7 in 100-yard games against them, not to mention averaging 183 in the last two games.

Ravens CB Deion Sanders is listed as doubtful and probably won't play, meaning he missed the Bengals both times on his comeback tour. Ravens Pro Bowlers TE Todd Heap and CB Chris McAlister are questionable, but they did practice. . .

For the Bengals, CB Deltha O’Neal (ankle) and RT Willie Anderson (knee) are probable, and WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (ribs) isn't even on the injury report. S Rogers Beckett (neck), RB Chris Perry (abdomen), WR Cliff Russell (concussion), and DT Carl Powell are questionable, although Perry and Powell practiced Wednesday.

:D

That's too bad if Jamal is out. I was hoping to watch the Bengald D pounce him all day long like lions on a wounded wilderbeest.

Yeah, you mean like last time we played against him? :rolleyes:

When they forgot how to tackle?

When Jamal all but put the game out of reach with that 75 yard run for a TD?

SURE. :lol:

Yeah, you mean like last time we played against him? 

You mean like the last seven times we played against him.

No and no.

I mean an injured Jamal playing. I don't think he's played vs. Bengals hurt or after missing a game the week before due to injury.

I'm not convinced he won't play but I'm sure he doesn't want to it if he's not 100-percent. Still hope he does play hurt then the Bengals can pounce him like a WOUNDED wilderbeest. With the cuts Jamal makes, he needs his ankles in tact or else he slows down considerably before he starts downhill. True of most RBs but especially true of Jamal due to his running style.

Any thought that they might be bluffing?

The NFL is really bitchy about teams doing that. So I don't think the Ravens would do that. It more sounds like Jamal is flapping his jaws and not talking about it with his coach first. Maybe he thinks he doesn't have to show up for the Ravens to beat the Bengals? Who knows?

The NFL is really bitchy about teams doing that. So I don't think the Ravens would do that. It more sounds like Jamal is flapping his jaws and not talking about it with his coach first. Maybe he thinks he doesn't have to show up for the Ravens to beat the Bengals? Who knows?

Yea, I think Denver got fined for that last season.

Yea, I think Denver got fined for that last season.

Which is why Denver bitched to the league office about the game in Cincy when Warrick suited up and played! Happily the league declined to take action in the case! :D

I have a feeling that Jamal could play, but at something less than 100% Now, probably about 15% of Jamal is still a threat to kick our butts, but there's a real risk that he aggravates the injury, and suddenly instead of back at 100% next week he's out 2-4 or something like that.

I think Billick & Co. are going to rest Jamal not just this week, but next week -- when the Eli Manning-led Giants come to town. They think they can beat us and NY without him, or at worst split the two games. That puts them at 8-5 at worst for the final 3 games, with a healthy Jamal, to go after Indy (no D), Pitt (rookie QB) and Miami (need I say anything?)

Hey, the losing streak away from home has to end sometime. Sunday is as good as any. I honestly believe we can do it; the offensive line is finally starting to look good, Carson just gets better, and our defensive secondary should definately be able to handle their receivers. Then, the criminal is not going to be running against us. Why can't we win??????

The situation reminds me of Volek playing for an injured McNair.

Chester Taylor is out to prove himself the next Priest. He was 16-61 on ground and 5-24 w/ catches vs. Pats. The week before when Jamal went down early vs. Cows he was 15-33 rush and 4-18 pass.

Taylor will be out to prove and Jamel White will have a wrinkle for this game too.

But this is in effect Bengals playoff game -- do or die. A win keeps them in the hunt another week. Even w/ a W over Ratbirds, Bengals would have to run table because Ratbirds would get wildcard tiebreaker at 9-7.

This should be a helluva game to watch. Better, I say, than the collapse last year in Rat Town.

I refuse to make any predictions, or spend energy being optimistic.

They're the Ravens, we're the Bengals. They're playing at home, we always get owned, Jamal Lewis or not.

Whenever you get TOO excited over this team's chances, they let you down.

I'll pass. ;)

NO Jamal means Cincy has a better chance than not to win this Sunday.

I mean facts are facts, Cincy can move the ball against the Ravens Defense. The offensive line is healthier this time around ! and most importantly,

- No Jamal means little to NO offense for Baltimore. Unless Ray Lewis and Ed Reed can run the ball, I'm not scared of Chester Taylor rushing nor Randy Himes catching !

As to who wins the turnover war, I'm pretty confident Cincy comes out on top of this one this time. There's no way we're going to turn the ball over 4 times again.

My prediction, Bengals 17 - Ravens 6 ! :player:

Unless your defense morphed into the Patriots defense I don't think you guys should get ahead of yourselves.

And unless your Ravens Offense has some 'top secret offensive weapon' that we don't know about, I'd say you've got a fight on your hands, that we might very well be the victor of.