Despair is in the air

BengalszoneBilly

Well I clicked in the link to the Titans forum, and it appears they are not too optimistic about their chances this weekend against our Bengals. (The MNF game against Denver didn't help to raise their hope either!) They list a myriad of reasons for their teams current situation, and most sound similar to some of ours. Injuries, inconsistent play, the coaching is questionable at times, etc.

Needless to say they are pretty down about it. Most folks here can sympathize. We know how sucky it feels. :(

They list a myriad of reasons for their teams current situation, and most sound similar to some of ours. Injuries, inconsistent play, the coaching is questionable at times, etc.

Needless to say they are pretty down about it. Most folks here can sympathize. We know how sucky it feels. :(

I find I can bear the trials and tribulations of the Titan with enormous fortitude. ;)

But yep, their boat has been pretty similar to ours this year, which is one reason why I expect this game will be close. But having one more loss already, the Titans are in even more desperate straights than us, and I'm sure you know all the cliches about wounded, cornered animals. Jeff Fischer will pull out all the stops, I guarantee that, and I agree with Marvin that McNair will have to be dead before he misses this one.

If the Bengals pick up where they left off Monday night, they'll batter Tennessee into submission. But it will take all four quarters--at least. And if they let the Titans get up off the ground, they'll regret it.

Yeah, I don't feel bad for them either. In years gone by, Fischer has been more than eager to beat up on us and say negative things about the character of our team, to wit: "punch them in the nose and they'll go home crying," or words to that effect. I hope we can put it to them. Also, it would be nice to show we can come back strong after a mighty evening on Monday. Have you ever noticed how there seems to be a letdown the week following a big victory?

Well I clicked in the link to the Titans forum, and it appears they are not too optimistic about their chances this weekend against our Bengals. (The MNF game against Denver didn't help to raise their hope either!) They list a myriad of reasons for their teams current situation, and most sound similar to some of ours. Injuries, inconsistent play, the coaching is questionable at times, etc.

Isn't it funny how organizations are different???

The Titans go 2-5 and all their fans react like you just shot their cats.

The Bungles win one misely MNF Game--and our fans are estatic!!! But we're still 2-4.

It's just pathetic.

Isn't it funny how organizations are different???

The Titans go 2-5 and all their fans react like you just shot their cats.

The Bungles win one misely MNF Game--and our fans are estatic!!! But we're still 2-4.

It's just pathetic.

It's pathetic all right. I mean, what other team has (alleged) fans who can watch their team put on its most dominant performance in five years -- on Monday Night Football, no less -- and still do nothing more than whine like a baby all week after?

Pathetic.

We got over the despair?

Okay Bax. You're absolutely right in pointing out my error of the use of the word "we." I should have titled this topic:

Despair is in the air, Titans fans caught what "I and the majority of other members here except for bengalbax and possibly a few other malcontents" had earlier!

I think that's more accurate, don't you?