2017 Reds Thread

HoosierCat

On 9/7/2017 at 7:59 AM, skyline said:

I've apparently enjoyed watching a lot more this season than the rest of you.  It's been fun seeing the new guys get some time and I think this team is very fixable.

The offense was surprisingly good...Scooter has been a blast to watch.  I'm excited about Castillo and Stephenson is coming on finally.  It's all about the pitching at this point, but I think we're a lot closer than most people realize.  It won't be next year, but the season after that could be a lot of fun.

It is all about pitching Eric, but it seems every time the Reds get an upper level pitcher, (Cueto and Chapman come to mind) the Reds end up trading them away.

• 4 months later...
On 9/10/2017 at 5:08 AM, ArmyBengal said:

I hope it changes next year but I cannot recall a season I've been so disinterested in the Reds. Even when they lose I usually really enjoy going to games and watching in TV. Not this year. Odd....

MLB isn’t fair.  The Reds are a Farm team for a few big market teams.  That’s why they keep no pitchers.  They need to divide the MLB up like college sports so the Reds can atleast have a chance at competing.