Who Gets Knocked Up?

Saw a tweet from Dehner laying out the rules for who the league can force to be on Hard Knocks.

NFL can force 8 teams to do HardKnocks. Others can pass accdg to rules: new HC-did HK w/in last decade-made playoffs 1 of previous 2 seasons

Based on that, the eight teams are:

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Jacksonville

Oakland

New York Giants

Chicago

Arizona

St. Louis

My bet would be Steelers, Giants or Bears. Those three teams would easily be the biggest draws nationally. Since no one really wants to be on HK we can probably eliminate Pitt since God-El wouldn't do anything to make his favorite team unhappy. So, Giants or Bears? I'll say Giants.

I would say the Rams would be a likely choice due to the drafting of Michael Sam, but then again, they may want to cut them some slack.

I'm going to go with the Jaguars.

New QB and the league could stand to drum up some support for a team that is always mentioned in regards to relocating.

Buffalo would be a nice alternative with the passing of Ralph Wilson and the discussions of new owners and possibly moving.

In St. Louis Fisher has been pretty clear he isn't interested. Supposedly the Giants aren't doing it and there's a report that the league has "several volunteers" which I find hard to believe.

If I were Kahn in Jax I would be banging down the door to try and build some momentum for tix sales, but what do I know?

If I were Kahn in Jax I would be banging down the door to try and build some momentum for tix sales, but what do I know?

That's where I am in this thought process. Ticket sales have been terrible and there is always talk of moving.

Now they have a shiny new QB in Bortles, no time like the present to jump on something like that.

I just don't think the league will put that kind of stress on the Rams.

It's one thing they drafted Sam and have to deal with how that might affect the locker room, if at all, but I think it would look poorly to force them to do Hard Knocks knowing Sam would be the focus. Hell, there's no guarantee he makes the team. Then what ?? Seeing Sam get cut on HBO would create a sh*t storm. I think they have enough on their plate.

I just think it will be hard for the NFL to resist putting the Rams on. Honestly, they are looking at a potential new demographic in fans. Sam was a 7th round pick and his jersey sales are #2 out of all of the rookies? I believe the league will see this as a huge opportunity to cash in on a potentially new fan base.

I just think it will be hard for the NFL to resist putting the Rams on. Honestly, they are looking at a potential new demographic in fans. Sam was a 7th round pick and his jersey sales are #2 out of all of the rookies? I believe the league will see this as a huge opportunity to cash in on a potentially new fan base.

That's a point. Money does talk. OTOH there are others interested in doing a Sam story (see Winfrey, Oprah) and the league may see an opportunity double-dip.

• 2 weeks later...