Wraith's 2014 Mock

Wraith

I have run this mock several different ways but I think I am just going to go with the scenario that I think which is most likely. I like both top corners will be gone by #24,likewise I think both Safeties will be gone as well as C.J. Moseley (who is a player I would love toBengals to draft). Obviously if one of those players fall (Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Dennard, Gilbert, or Moseley) it would change how I am looking at this draft. So for this prediction's sake let's say all those guys are long gone by the time the Bengals pick. The Bengals are left with choosing between Kyle Fuller (a guy I am not nearly as high on as many others it seems), Kony Ealy from Missouri, Ryan Shazier, Jason Verrett (a guys I really like BTW even though he is small) at defense and maybe a guy like Brandin Cooks on Offense (I can't imagine the Bengals taking a WR here though I like Cooks game alot) or the highest rated guy left on my board who is a player that fits a need for the Bengals and fits their scheme as well and I think will be a 10+ year starter in this league so I am going to take at #24.....

1 (24) Xavier Su'a Filo, OG, UCLA: Bengals get stronger and tougher up the middle, I love this guys game and he slids right in as the LG bolstering the middle of this offensive line immediately.

2 (55) Phillip Gaines, CB Rice: The next best CB after Dennard, Gilbert, Fuller and Verrett on my board (Roby getting caught driving under the influence less than a month beofre the draft drops him down alot in my book). I like Gaines' size and his competitive streak when the ball is in the air.

3 (88) Terrance West, RB, Towson St.: This is my favorite RB in the draft, his burst is undeniable. An excellent replacement for BJGE.

4 (123) Brian Stork, C, Florida State: I would be just as fine with Weston Richburg, Travis Swanson, or Marcus Martin but getting a Center in the 4th would solidify the line for years to come.

5 (164) Brock Vereen, FS, Minnesota: Brother of Shane Vereen. I like Brock's versatility (played both Corner and Safety in college) his work ethic and his intelligence, could be a steal in the fifth round.

6 (199) Trey Millard, FB, Oklahoma: We have a need at Fullback particularly with the increased emphasis on the running game.

6 (212) Khri Thornton, DT, Southern Miss: Best player on a bad team and could blossom in the pros as a situational 4/3 DT or a 3/4 DE.

7 (239) Pat O'Donnell, P, Miami (FLA): Tall Rangy Punter with a great leg and the power to get the ball deep.

7 (252) Jordan Navjar, TE, Baylor: Great developmental prospect as a TE. Has the body and physical ability to be special but is raw and unproven.

SO there it is. Let me know what you guys think.

Xavier is a bit of a project but I would be fine with that pick. Give him a year or two in the nfl and he might even be a viable replacement for Whit. He might be gone by 24 tho. Overall I like this draft. Nice work wraith!

I think you need to reverse rounds four and five. Vereen won't last, Stork will. Just MHO.

Yeah, I mentioned Xavier as the #2 option in my mock as well.

Agree to switch your 4th and 5th.

Agree there is a need for a FB, but not sure how Hue approaches it.

Agree with them taking a TE later rather than sooner.

The Gaines pick wouldn't surprise me in the least. I like that kid as well.

Looks good to me.

FWIW, In his column yesterday Hobson was very emphatic that he believed they would bring in a true fullback to compete with Charles.

Wow, that should be an easy win for whomever they bring in.

That is unless they just want more tape for Charles to watch on what a real FB should do and then release him.

:frustrated: