Reds vs. Phillies

ArmyBengal

That's the kind of win i've been wanting to see from the Reds. Playing a good team, with a good starting pitcher, and find a way to get the win in what felt like the playoffs as I was watching last night. Nice to see both rookies getting solo shots and coming up big in a pressure situation.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds win! Pirates and Cards lose. Good day!

Unfortunately the Cardinals didn't lose. I don't think it's even possible to lose to the Astros right now.

The Nationals did lose though... so the Reds are only 1.5 games back from the #1 seed.

You're right. I messed up on the Cards score. :blush:

The Astros are an amazing 6-32 since the all-star break. That's a .158 winning percentage. That's historic.

With only 38 games left in the season, if they were to go 6-32 again, they would finish the season with only 45 wins. Only the '62 Mets (40 wins) and '03 Tigers (43 wins) would have a worse record in the last 50 years.

That was probably harder than it needed to be, and I don't like using Chapman when it shouldn't be necessary. Good to get the win though.

I wouldn't say it wasn't necessary. The Phils had the top of the order coming up with a runner on 1st, no outs. That's what closers do. That was a real save tonight by Chappy. You don't want the likes of Rollins, Utley and Howard getting a 4th look at Arroyo in that situation

That was probably harder than it needed to be, and I don't like using Chapman when it shouldn't be necessary. Good to get the win though.

I wouldn't say it wasn't necessary. The Phils had the top of the order coming up with a runner on 1st, no outs. That's what closers do. That was a real save tonight by Chappy. You don't want the likes of Rollins, Utley and Howard getting a 4th look at Arroyo in that situation

Finally! Sea Ray and I agree on something! :P

I hate seeing Baker leave starting pitchers in for 1 or 2 batters more than he should. I was thrilled when I saw him make that move last night.

How many times this season has Arroyo been left in longer than he should have ??

I liked the call, but had the leadoff hitter not gotten aboard, Arroyo would have stayed in.

He was pitching well enough for him to get the shot at a complete game, but at that point they had to be smart and I think the correct call was made.