Reds vs. Astros

ArmyBengal

Have to love Stubbs, but again i'm left impressed with Xavier Paul leading off the 9th with a pinch hit double to kick things into gear. I actually feel bad for Bailey with the no decision last night. He pitched a hell of a game yet again.

I have never really been a fan of Ondrusek and last night didn't help. Know what else didn't help ?? Freakin' Ludwick throwing the ball to noone in the infield and followed up by Valdez (please get him in the batting cages) throwing the ball away. That whole series of events was just stupid.

I really love watching this team play ball !!!

Next...

Have to love Stubbs, but again i'm left impressed with Xavier Paul leading off the 9th with a pinch hit double to kick things into gear. I actually feel bad for Bailey with the no decision last night. He pitched a hell of a game yet again.

I have never really been a fan of Ondrusek and last night didn't help. Know what else didn't help ?? Freakin' Ludwick throwing the ball to noone in the infield and followed up by Valdez (please get him in the batting cages) throwing the ball away. That whole series of events was just stupid.

I really love watching this team play ball !!!

Next...

It is very nice to see the bench players step up, when they are neeeded. Valdez, Rolen, Frazier and now Paul have been solid for the past few games. Still hoping that Frazier gets to be the starting 3B after Votto returns.

Count me as happily surprised at how well the Heisey/Ludwick platoon has produced, if they could find a CF/leadoff hitter the lineup with Votto would be very good. Maybe Stubbs will use his good series at Houston to trun around a bad season so far.

I wanted Ichiro, but that is not gonna happen. I dont know if David Dejesus is being shopped by the Cubbies, but he would fit nicely into the lineup. He is a solid hitter, has some speed, can play CF and bats lefty.