March Madness!

BengalszoneBilly

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been a bigger OSU fan than Bearcat fan, but won't complain either way.

It's to bad they have to meet and take one team out of the mix. I'm with you, rather see OSU win, but Cincy moving on wont bother me either.

Look at the scenario, if Cincy wins out and Xavier wins out. A rematch of the crosstown brawl to get in the title game.

I went into last nights game not really caring much and was going to be happy either way.

I have always been a bigger Buckeye fan than Bearcat fan, so there was that.

THEN, I started hearing from many of the people I worked with that either go to or went to UC start talking sh*t about Xavier. Saying things like, they made it to the sweet 16 by beating weaker teams. I made the argument that you play the teams you play and you either show up or you don't. Look at how many top seeds have fallen taking other "weaker" teams for granted. They were talking sh*t about a team that had nothing to do with their own situation and from talking to the guys that go there, the talk around campus was how they were looking forward to facing Xavier again. They were just bypassing the fact they were only in the sweet 16 at that time.

By the end of the day, I was in full Buckeye mode and stayed up to watch the whole game.

I can't say as I have ever taken such pleasure in watching the Bearcats get beat.

Regardless of if Xavier moves on or not, I can tell you they weren't focused on if they would face UC in what would have to be the Championship game. They are focused on the fact they have to face a much better Baylor team and making it to the next round.

Still hoping for good things for the rest of the teams involved from the region.

I'm just hoping the Wildcats demolish IU!

I don't have a dog in that fight.

Usually I would root for the underdog here

However, there are a lot of UK fans here, so I hope your team wins for you.

I'm not a UK fan, I just dont like IU Basketball. It is residual dislike from the Bobby Knight era.

I'm not a UK fan, I just dont like IU Basketball. It is residual dislike from the Bobby Knight era.

It's hard to get the Bobby Knight stink off a team. :lol:

It's hard to get the Bobby Knight stink off a team. :lol:

Amen brother!

I wouldn't say a lot of Wildcat fans are here. Ox was, but you never see him around anymore. My brother is too, but he's to busy with work and taking care of his boys to post here much.

*sigh*

The game last night broke my heart. Still, the Bearcats had a much strong season than most expected. Hopefully it helps with future recruits!

Cincinnati exceeded expectations. As has Xavier. I'm pulling for them tonight.

Agreed, I don't think they were being looked at as a Sweet 16 type of team when the season started and I was happy to see UC have that type of success, regardless of my feelings heading into last nights game.

I'll be rooting for Xavier tonight, but they need to have a monster game to pull this off and keep their heads if they get behind. Also hoping for the HUGE upset tonight in the OU/UNC game. Anyway around, my Buckeyes are still in it, so i'm happy with that as well.