Bengals at Houston pregame Wild Card weekend chatter

jjakq27

Listening to Sirus today the Texans fans think the bengals have no shot what so ever. They are saying there place will be rocking, and the bengals will be false starting left and right. Plus the bengals will give up alot of sacks, and Dalton will be throwing picks.

That's not true. I listen to Houston local sports talk all day long and our fans are split 50/50. We are all very unsure about what is going to happen in the game. We all know we were lucky to pull out the win at your field with 4 turnovers and we just don't know what this young team is going to do under the pressure of the playoffs. We are excited that we will have all of our players, except our 1st string QB, back to full strength for the first time all year.

The concensus is that we all think Andy is a good QB that will handle the pressure of the fans well. We know it is going to be CRAZY! Your offense gets rid of the ball early so it helps y'all against our pass rush. We have a weak link in the defensive chain in the form of Kareem Jackson at corner. He has hurt us for 2 years now. I have confidence in Jonathan Joseph and Manning, but we'll see.

On Offense we have Casey back to full strength for the first time since the first of the season. He is a big matchup problem from the FB position. He had almost 100 yards receiving last week with a full backup team on the field. Also, Daniels is 100% for the first time since we played y'all. He hurt his knee pretty bad a few weeks back. And ofcourse we all can't wait to see what Andre Johnson can do. His first healthy game back the first time, with Yates at QB, he had around 97 yards in 3 quarters before he pulled his other hamstring.

We know that y'all have a very good front 4 that shut down our running game better than any other team we have played this year. It was really frustrating to watch. And Jonathan had some trouble with Green last time.

It should be fun. We are all pumped and ready to go bring the roof down. It's anybodys game in the playoffs.

Thats cool, yea this was on sirus and listening to them all the fans are thinking this is going to be a blow out. Most if not all the broadcasters are picking Houston, but hey whatever you never know im hoping for a good game.

Thats cool, yea this was on sirus and listening to them all the fans are thinking this is going to be a blow out. Most if not all the broadcasters are picking Houston, but hey whatever you never know im hoping for a good game.

My observations as well. The Texans are a good team but the city is literally drunk off of playoff excitement. This should be a close game that could go either way.

I was just suprised to hear this week how much outright disrespect the Bengals are getting. This was from listening to 610 in Houston. The prognositcators have been split on who will win, but never disrespectful. One of their hosts outright told Dave Lapham that he's been worried all year with teams such as Cleveland, Carolina, and Jacksonville, but is not worried in the slightest about the Texans playing the Bengals.

Basically, it's all or nothing there in Houston. If the Bengals win go check out the all out meltdown that will be occuring on their message boards following the game. Of course, all of the pressure is on them.

House money, baby.

My observations as well. The Texans are a good team but the city is literally drunk off of playoff excitement. This should be a close game that could go either way.

I was just suprised to hear this week how much outright disrespect the Bengals are getting. This was from listening to 610 in Houston. The prognositcators have been split on who will win, but never disrespectful. One of their hosts outright told Dave Lapham that he's been worried all year with teams such as Cleveland, Carolina, and Jacksonville, but is not worried in the slightest about the Texans playing the Bengals.

Basically, it's all or nothing there in Houston. If the Bengals win go check out the all out meltdown that will be occuring on their message boards following the game. Of course, all of the pressure is on them.

House money, baby.

It all depends on which show you listen to on 610. I listen all day to 610 and 790 and it seems to be split with the radio guys. I'm really hearing the callers at about 50/50. We are very excited to see our team in the playoffs, but you gotta remember, the people that call these shows are the crazies looking to pump up their egoes by talking tuff on the radio. Most people I work with and all of my friends are torn. We feel good about where we are as a team, other than our QB, and think its going to be a tuff game. We just don't know which Texans team is going to show up. Our defense has been pretty consistent all year. We've allowed about 16 points a game with Shaub at QB, and about 19 with Yates. If we can get this offense going and cut down the turnovers I feel pretty good, but who knows if they'll do that in this first playoff game in franchise history. We'll all have to wait and see. Should be fun.

House money, baby.

It all depends on which show you listen to on 610. I listen all day to 610 and 790 and it seems to be split with the radio guys. I'm really hearing the callers at about 50/50. We are very excited to see our team in the playoffs, but you gotta remember, the people that call these shows are the crazies looking to pump up their egoes by talking tuff on the radio. Most people I work with and all of my friends are torn. We feel good about where we are as a team, other than our QB, and think its going to be a tuff game. We just don't know which Texans team is going to show up. Our defense has been pretty consistent all year. We've allowed about 16 points a game with Shaub at QB, and about 19 with Yates. If we can get this offense going and cut down the turnovers I feel pretty good, but who knows if they'll do that in this first playoff game in franchise history. We'll all have to wait and see. Should be fun.

I did catch one of the hosts on 610 that said he was a former player. He seemed the most unbiased and balanced. I just couldn't get over the one guy that was from 610 and he was being interviewed by 1530 here in Cincinnati. He just flat out said, "I was worried about Cleveland and Carolina but I'm not worried at all about the Bengals." This is the same team that you just beat by one point in the last 5 seconds of the game. Really? Really? Did you WATCH the game four weeks ago????

Please. Homefield advantage exists but some of the people out there are completely in la-la land. The Texans lost to the Raiders at home, the Panthers at home. They are 5-3 there this year. They are not unbeatable there by any means. I get this is the playoffs but something the home fans will soon find out after the first few series, it's still a game. No matter the crowd noise, the game is won on the lines. Whoever wins those battles, wins this game.

That said, I picked the Texans in another thread to win 21-17. We'll see what happens.