Dalton's pass to AJ

icehole3

I'm a huge Dalton supporter, and a big Palmer hater.

That said... Dalton's throw was barely adequate. It was only acceptable because he was being hit at the time... but the credit for that play goes squarely to AJ Green.

As for the arm-band... plenty of QBs wear them. Tom Brady for instance. That's not really a reasonable critique.

throughout the game, AJ rapidly adjusted to the ball, and attacked it so that he was the only one with a chance to catch it. He didn't play that way against Seattle. Very impressive. He'd make a great cornerback if the WR-thing doesn't work out ;)

like Aaron Rogers, Dalton makes his OL look a lot better than it is. I'd like to see what would happen if the OL could improve just a little bit in December....

That said... Dalton's throw was barely adequate. It was only acceptable because

...he completed the pass and we won the game???

Of course that's a factor. Dalton was able to get the ball to a place where Green could make a play on it.

That said... does Caldwell make that play if AJ Green was still injured? Doubtful.

While Dalton deserves some credit... Green deserves most of it.

I doubt any of us wants to revisit the moonball debate, but Dalton admitted the above after the game. Basically, the idea is get the ball in the same area code as the WR and watch Green go get it. Which of course he does because Green is a special player.

As before, I ain't bitching. I'm just saying.

That said... Dalton's throw was barely adequate. It was only acceptable because

...he completed the pass and we won the game???

That said... does Caldwell make that play if AJ Green was still injured? Doubtful.

Most likely not, but on the other hand, may not have been the same playcall/throw with Caldwell in there.

I doubt any of us wants to revisit the moonball debate, but Dalton admitted the above after the game. Basically, the idea is get the ball in the same area code as the WR and watch Green go get it. Which of course he does because Green is a special player.

As before, I ain't bitching. I'm just saying.

Agreed on all counts.

I don't want to revisit the moonball debate.

Yes, Dalton sometimes just throws the ball up to Green (and yesterday he did it to Gresham as well).

Agreed that you aren't bitching... as no one should. It's a nice luxury to have, and Dalton would be doing the team a disservice if he didn't take advantage of it.

Yes, Dalton sometimes just throws the ball up to Green (and yesterday he did it to Gresham as well).

Agreed that you aren't bitching... as no one should. It's a nice luxury to have, and Dalton would be doing the team a disservice if he didn't take advantage of it.

At the risk of comparing Andy Dalton to Tyler Palko... :blink:...last nights Chief/Steeler game was proof that the art of completing underthrown passes isn't unique to Andy Dalton. All of the good ones do it, and even the bad ones can manage the trick from time to time.

We move on.

Yesterday did show us two QBs with differing abilities to get the ball downfield. Both have had their arm strength criticized but one can throw downfield and the other can't. Withh all the QBs in this yrs draft, I'd be shocked if the Browns don't grab McCoy's replacement