Nine games out?

BengalszoneBilly

Terrible season, but I can remember saying at the beginning of the season the Reds can't just sit back and hope things that just happened to go their way last year will happen again this year. I thought they would be looking up at the Cardinals, but didn't expect a losing record at this point and looking up at 3 teams. Certainly didn't expect them to be looking up at the Pirates. If they keep up this level of playing and coaching, they will be looking up at more before the seasons end.

On to 2012 I suppose...

Terrible season, but I can remember saying at the beginning of the season the Reds can't just sit back and hope things that just happened to go their way last year will happen again this year. I thought they would be looking up at the Cardinals, but didn't expect a losing record at this point and looking up at 3 teams. Certainly didn't expect them to be looking up at the Pirates. If they keep up this level of playing and coaching, they will be looking up at more before the seasons end.

On to 2012 I suppose...

Last year it was just the Cardinals and the Reds for the most part. This year the Brewers and Pirates especially stepped up their game. Aside from the Astros and Cubs, the NL Central is one tough division now!

9? Make that going on 11 games back. Just 2 weeks ago the Reds were coming off a walk off HR against the Braves at 1 under .500 and 3 games back.

Now...10 back and 11 if the Brewers hang on.

"Nobody in the NL Central will pull away. This team has time."

Sound familiar? This is why all the games are important and a key reason this underachieving train wreck of a team was slow to make the neccessary moves not only before the AS break but in the offeseason.

Sad.

There was to much "hope and a prayer" on the part of management that this team would simply "find its way".

I like to see the youngsters getting the call up and really think this team is about to get VERY young in the next couple seasons.

I just don't see how small market Cincinnati is going to be able to keep all the contracts the recently did in the next two seasons.

I think someone big is going to have to be allowed to walk or traded away.

They really need to figure out who and where some of these pitchers are.

Bailey ?? Underachiever all the way around.

Chapman ?? Middle relief ?? Closer ?? Starter ??

Arroyo ?? Gone ??

There are more situations, but something has to be done.

There was to much "hope and a prayer" on the part of management that this team would simply "find its way".

I like to see the youngsters getting the call up and really think this team is about to get VERY young in the next couple seasons.

I just don't see how small market Cincinnati is going to be able to keep all the contracts the recently did in the next two seasons.

I think someone big is going to have to be allowed to walk or traded away.

They really need to figure out who and where some of these pitchers are.

Bailey ?? Underachiever all the way around.

Chapman ?? Middle relief ?? Closer ?? Starter ??

Arroyo ?? Gone ??

There are more situations, but something has to be done.

I actually think they need to go invest some of that "awesome" minor league talent and get some proven pitchers and a left fielder. Walt has inexplicably done NOTHING to improve this team in 2 years. "The asking price is too high for what they wanted". Ok, then GET THESE FUTURE HOF's UP TO THE MAJORS!!!! If not use them to make deals to make this team better. Jeezus, people act like some of these prospects are the second coming of f'ing Babe Ruth and Cy Young. There will be MORE drafts and there will be other ways to acquire new talent if what we have currently gets traded.

THEN after we win NOW we can use the revenue generated from the increase in attendance to retain and acquire talent. The window is there to get people to the park. But you need to win NOW.

It looks like the team realized a bit too late that the s**t was hitting the fan. They're about to win their 4th straight and have hit five homers in the first three innings against San Diego.

Pressure is off. Easier to play like they should have the whole season. Everyone's body language is completely different.