Fantasy Football

Scottishbengal

I haven't looked into the settings to form an opinion, but agree with the drafting of a defense as a whole.

Check into the settings Mark. We are drafting QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, RB, TE, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, LB, LB, LB, DT, DT, DE, DE, CB, CB, S, S, and five bench positions.

Scottish, can you please fix this? Leave out all defense except for teams.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys - some changes made but I couldn't figure how to re-activate the Yahoo default scoring without deleting the League......????? :frustrated:

There's NINE in the League so far, so we have room for just a few more should anyone else want to join in. :sure: :sure: :sure:

Hi guys - some changes made but I couldn't figure how to re-activate the Yahoo default scoring without deleting the League......????? :frustrated:

There's NINE in the League so far, so we have room for just a few more should anyone else want to join in. :sure: :sure: :sure:

Thanks Scottish. That helps a lot.

I saw that you were busy on the fantasy site earlier and like the changes to this point.

I still have to check things out a little more, but won't really be all that concerned in the grand scheme.

All I have to do now is more some family events around so I can be present for the draft.

Holiday weekend and all.

There's NINE in the League so far

Make that TEN Scottish! That's a good even number. Twelve would be best, but no more than that.

I'm the 10th.

I noticed that 8 teams make the playoffs in this league. That means only 2 teams won't? Sounds like college basketball.

Thanks for joining up Derek. As far as 8 teams making the playoffs, the top 4 teams have to play someone in the opening round, and I've seen some upsets happen. Plus it extends the season for several players, so I really have no problem with this rule.

The Shillelaghs will be back as well, looking to improve on last year's 2nd place.

Well now we have eleven players in the league, which doesn't work. We need ONE MORE PLAYER to fill out this league! Who's going to step up?

Ok, I finally had some time to review the scoring part of the league and had some questions/suggestions.

Take these with a grain of salt, as they are only things i've seen used elsewhere. Nothing that is an ABSOLUTE by any means.

#1. Current setting for a ST TD is 4 points, as opposed to 6.

#2. Currently there is no punishment for a kicker missing a PAT or FGA. Can it be or do we want to adjust that to maybe -1 for each miss ??

#3. There is currently no reward for kick or punt return yards for ST. Maybe a point for every so many yards ??

#4. Can we add 2 points for each time the defense records a safety ??

#5. It appears under offense that they are awarded 2 points for each time they fumble and -2 for each fumble lost.

Can it be or do we want to adjust that to maybe -1 for each fumble and keep the -2 for each fumble lost ??

#6. This last one is dual hatted for the defense. Can it be or do we want to allowing plus and minus scoring for both points and yards allowed ??

An example of this is:

10 points for 0 points allowed

7 points for 1-6 points allowed

4 points for 7-13 points allowed

1 point for 14-17 points allowed

Once the defense gives up more than 21 points you start deducting in groups as above.

Do the same thing with yards allowed up to say 350 yards allowed before you start deducting.

Again, these are only things i've seen used elsewhere and I thought they worked well in those leagues. If it's something we want to add, great. If not, I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. I also posted this here because I figured more people would check this out sooner than the fantasy league settings.

OH YEAH, WE STILL NEED ONE MORE PLAYER TO JOIN !!!

Ok, I finally had some time to review the scoring part of the league and had some questions/suggestions.

Take these with a grain of salt, as they are only things i've seen used elsewhere. Nothing that is an ABSOLUTE by any means.

#1. Current setting for a ST TD is 4 points, as opposed to 6.

#2. Currently there is no punishment for a kicker missing a PAT or FGA. Can it be or do we want to adjust that to maybe -1 for each miss ??

#3. There is currently no reward for kick or punt return yards for ST. Maybe a point for every so many yards ??

#4. Can we add 2 points for each time the defense records a safety ??

#5. It appears under offense that they are awarded 2 points for each time they fumble and -2 for each fumble lost.

Can it be or do we want to adjust that to maybe -1 for each fumble and keep the -2 for each fumble lost ??

#6. This last one is dual hatted for the defense. Can it be or do we want to allowing plus and minus scoring for both points and yards allowed ??

An example of this is:

10 points for 0 points allowed

7 points for 1-6 points allowed

4 points for 7-13 points allowed

1 point for 14-17 points allowed

Once the defense gives up more than 21 points you start deducting in groups as above.

Do the same thing with yards allowed up to say 350 yards allowed before you start deducting.

Again, these are only things i've seen used elsewhere and I thought they worked well in those leagues. If it's something we want to add, great. If not, I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. I also posted this here because I figured more people would check this out sooner than the fantasy league settings.

OH YEAH, WE STILL NEED ONE MORE PLAYER TO JOIN !!!

That's twelve in the league ..... all booked up and ready to roll !!

In response to Armys' suggested amendments:-

#1. changed to 6 points

#2. kicking: FG/PAT (all distances) made +1, missed -1

#3. return yards 20yds = 1 point

#4. safety = 2 points

#5. offencive fumbles - as suggested

#6. points/yardage given up ........ i'll await further response from the league managers before adding anything in here - go with the majority demand as it were.

Any chance for a second league, I would like to get in as well?

Any chance for a second league, I would like to get in as well?

You want to run it?

No sir, I guess I was a little too late throwing my name in. Thanks for asking however.

Okay, missed the first league, so I've setup another league
/>http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/bengalszone_2

password is whodey

League ID: 436817

password is whodey

Way to step up Kev! Here's your shot Bengals44.

Ive been trying, but it says "You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)"

password is whodey

Ive been trying, but it says "You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)"

Of course you're not in the league yet. Go here.

Go to "Join A League" and enter league ID# 436817, password whodey.

Post back here if there are any problems. There shouldn't be any though.

password is whodey

Ok, I signed out and started over, finally got in, thanks for setting it up KEV! Much appreciated, off to bed now... later guys

password is whodey

Ok, I signed out and started over, finally got in, thanks for setting it up KEV! Much appreciated, off to bed now... later guys

Glad you got in 44, but now it's up to you Kev to pimp your league as Scottish did and fill it up. Members need to know certain facts like the draft date and time, not to mention the all important league settings as to drafting and scoring.

I really find it interesting that our two FFL commissioners this year do not live in the United States. Kev is in New Zealand, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where Scottish is from. Kudos to our members from abroad. :sure:

I really find it interesting that our two FFL commissioners this year do not live in the United States. Kev is in New Zealand, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where Scottish is from. Kudos to our members from abroad. :sure:

Figures, leave it to the foreigners to sort out America's screwups....Oh wait, I'm American. Oops.

Figures, leave it to the foreigners to sort out America's screwups....Oh wait, I'm American. Oops.

:lol: :lol: :lol: