Reds vs. Brewers

ArmyBengal

I mentioned it before, but with this series against the Brewers and then another series with the Cardinals first up after the break, the Reds are still in a position to pull things together and gain some consistency. We saw it last season when we couldn't seem to beat the Cardinals if they spotted us 10 runs, but then they would turn around and get swept by the Cubs and other crappy teams. While I don't expect that trend to continue following the break, it wouldn't surprise me either. Neither the Cards or Brewers have played with much more consistency than us, so you never know.

Freakin' Leake just let the Brewers tie up the game in the 5th! This pitching staff sucks balls. :angry:

Not according to Dusty. Just got to "stay with them".

I don't think Dusty has jack s**t to work with. Who's he going to put in? Someone else who sucks just just as much?

Freakin' Leake just let the Brewers tie up the game in the 5th! This pitching staff sucks balls. :angry:

Not according to Dusty. Just got to "stay with them".

I don't think Dusty has jack s**t to work with. Who's he going to put in? Someone else who sucks just just as much?

The bullpen is much better than the rotation as proved by LeCure tonight.

It's not happening this year guys. I don't need if that needs to be said. They are scrapping for the few wins they get, getting beat in the one run games, and getting blown out in the others. They'll be lucky to split the next 2 with the Brewers finishing at the break at 2 under. Realistically just to have a CHANCE at winning the division they have to play 10 over .500 the rest of the way and that's if ALL of the teams on top play .500 ball. Not near enough pitching to match the Cardinals, Brewers, and Pirates. And of course their hitting is streaky and undependable.

It's almost as if Jockety by not making any real moves in the offseason said last year was a fluke. By not making trades he's counting on keeping the players in the minors as key pieces for the future. I'm ok with that, I guess. But here we are again...flailing at .500 and hoping for the future. The story of Reds baseball.

The bullpen is much better than the rotation as proved by LeCure tonight.

The bullpen gave up three runs in the bottom of the 9th, and the Reds lost a big game tonight.

Like I said before, this team has no pitching.

I think the bullpen is okay. Tonight's disaster notwithstanding, I think it may be the Reds' biggest strength (if not defense). The offense scores a pile of runs, but the inconsistency is maddening. The group that has been a letdown has definitely been the starting rotation, specifically Volquez and Arroyo. Wood hasn't been great either.

There are so many places to point the finger it's sad. How can this group continue to play so inconsistently ??

How can they not be looking to make some trades and improve the roster ??

I like tha Cozart got called up, but that's one minor league guy getting a chance.

I know it's far fetched to consider Jose Reyes in the thought of giving up like 3 players and paying him a kings ransom, but something along those lines really needs to be considered. Dump some of the high salary guys and move on. Arroyo ?? Done. As much as Cordero can have his stretches of good pitching, he gets paid to d*mn much to do what he did last night and please save the argument that he usually does very well. He doesn't, he usually gets very lucky after finding a way to get out of a jam. That luck ran out last night.

Yeah, i'm almost done as well, but hanging in until after the break...