2011 Regular Season Schedule

jjakq27

If this has been mentioned or copied elsewhere, please move or delete it. I didn't see anything in any recent posts so I thought it was worthy of its own thread.

First two games on the road at the Browns (09/11) and at Denver (09/18) with the home opener vs. the 49ers on Sept. 25th. No Monday nighters with three 4pm starts. There is one Saturday game vs. the Cardinals at home on Christmas Eve.

http://www.nfl.com/s...ctive#/team=CIN

From Reedy's blog.

http://cincinnati.co...eason-schedule/

Two straight road games to start the season for the first time since 1996, two straight home games to close the season for the first time since 1997 and no prime time games are a couple things that jump out as the Bengals regular-season schedule was released.

“I’m excited not only to have our last two at home, but three of our last four,” said head coach Marvin Lewis in a statement. “And obviously the stretch of division games in November and December is going to be a key for us.”

The schedule also features the team’s first four-game stretch against division rivals for the first time since 2002.

Beginning on Nov. 13, when defending AFC Champion Pittsburgh comes to Paul Brown Stadium, the Bengals will play four division games in four weeks. Following the Steelers game, Cincinnati will visit Baltimore, host Cleveland and visit Pittsburgh.

The home opener, vs. San Francisco on Sept. 25, will be the latest home opener in franchise history. The previous latest date was in 1972, when Pittsburgh visited Riverfront Stadium on Sept. 24.

The first three games will be against teams with new head coaches. Pat Shurmur’s Browns debut comes against the Bengals, former Carolina coach John Fox is in Denver and Jim Harbaugh is in San Francisco.

A look at the games:

Sept. 11: at Cleveland, 1 p.m. – Eighth time in team history the Battle of Ohio has been the season opener and first time since 2005.

Sept. 18: at Denver, 4:15 p.m. – Last two regular-season meetings to Broncos have had wild endings (missed extra point in '06, deflected pass for Broncos TD in '09).

Sept. 25: vs. San Francisco, 1 p.m. – Niners have a 3-2 edge in games here but Bengals have won the last two played at Cincinnati.

Oct. 2: vs. Buffalo, 1 p.m. – The 10 straight wins by the Bills in the series is the Bengals longest losing streak against an opponent.

Oct. 9: at Jacksonville, 1 p.m. – After beating the Jaguars in their '95 expansion season, the Bengals have dropped seven straight in Jacksonville.

Oct. 16: vs. Indianapolis, 1 p.m. – Colts have won the last seven meetings in the regular season including 23-17 last year at Indy.

Oct. 23: Bye Week – Second straight year that the bye week has come in Week 7.

Oct. 30: at Seattle, 4:15 p.m. – Bengals have dropped their last three in Seattle and haven't won there since a 20-17 overtime victory in '94.

Nov. 6: at Tennessee, 4:05 p.m. – First trip to Nashville since '05. Bengals have a 2-3 record there.

Nov. 13: vs. Pittsburgh, 1 p.m. – The last two games here have come down to the final drive. Steelers are 10-2 in games at PBS.

Nov. 20: at Baltimore, 1 p.m. – Bengals have won three of the last four in the series.

Nov. 27: vs. Cleveland, 1 p.m. – Marvin Lewis owns an 11-5 record against the Browns. Second time in three years Browns journey here on Thanksgiving weekend.

Dec. 4: at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m. – Lewis is 5-12 against the Steelers but four of the wins have come at Heinz Field.

Dec. 11: vs. Houston, 1 p.m. – After winning the first three in the series, the Bengals have dropped two straight to the Texans.

Dec. 18: at St. Louis, 1 p.m. – Bengals have never won a regular-season game in St. Louis (0-2 vs. Rams, 0-1 vs. Cardinals).

Dec. 24: vs. Arizona, 1 p.m. – Both teams figure to have new starting quarterbacks. The question is if both will be rookies?

Jan. 1: vs. Baltimore, 1 p.m. – Second straight year that the Bengals and Ravens meet each other in the regular-season finale.

Two road games to open :(

Two home games to finish :thumbsup:

4 consecutive divisional games :thumbsdown:

No primetime games :weep:

One of the easier schedules based on 2010 records and I'm guessing 6-10.

That might be right near the over though...

Man. We're just 1 season removed from being division champs. If that wuss would play, and we went defense with #4 pick the Bengals could win it again. Frustrating. Schedule seems favorable. I'm glad there are no primetime games. They always play horribly.

Funny how far away 2009 seems huh ??

For what it's worth, they could very well get back to playing defense the way they did in 2009 and that would go a long way to assist whatever in the hell happens on the offensive side of things, but I'm simply not going into the season overly optimistic. I have no reason to do so.

After briefly looking at the schedule the only thing that really jumped out at me was what a p***y Carson Palmer must really be for refusing to play THAT schedule.

I'm thinking even sans CP, is there any way we get a shot at Andrew Luck? I think not. Even RunPee could win a few games with that schedule

Funny how far away 2009 seems huh ??

For what it's worth, they could very well get back to playing defense the way they did in 2009 and that would go a long way to assist whatever in the hell happens on the offensive side of things, but I'm simply not going into the season overly optimistic. I have no reason to do so.

I see a lot of 17-13 games if that happens. Just think Kyle Boller and a lesser version of the Ravens 6 or 7 years ago.

After briefly looking at the schedule the only thing that really jumped out at me was what a p***y Carson Palmer must really be for refusing to play THAT schedule.

It might be a hoot to have him visit with the Cardinals on Christmas Eve. At that point Billy might have done himself in since he would be unable to get away from Mr. Palmer.