Official Combine Thread

ArmyBengal

The combine starts today and I figured after last year of having a million threads, with each one being about one player, we could consolidate them to make this easier on everyone reading through this. I for one am looking forward to the combine, but have to keep in mind, it's just one small part of the big picture.

Happy Combine to everyone !!!

I'm simply in the thought that Peterson is a wasted pick for the Bengals when they could have just tagged JJoe for the season.

Just stupid on their part when you consider they will pay Peterson far more money and not fill any other hole at #4.

Exactly We are a better team if we resign Joseph then take Fairly,Bowers,Green or even Peterson as a safety...Where if we let Joseph walk we could be a "slightly better" team if peterson lives up to the hype but then again he'll be rookie and he could end up a down grade at first.

After watching Green at the combine I am more convenced than ever that he is not a 4th pick in the draft guy.

I interested to see Peterson and Von Miller just ran an unofficial 4.46 at 243 lbs....(yes I am still on the Von Miller bandwagon)

I still like Fairley, Peterson, Miller as my top three but if Paea where to be there at 35 and we didn't grab a DT in rd. 1 I say grab him.

You simply can't use the combine as the sole basis for where you draft a guy. It's not that huge of a measuring stick.

AJ Green is simply the best WR (right now) in the draft. That's not to say he will be the best pro 5 years down the road though.

I like Jonthan Baldwin.

I agree 100%, if you recall my initial basis for my opinion was watching game tape on AJ Green and Julio Jones...I felt at the time, their statistics matched up and I felt Jones was the better route runner, since I figured they were evenly match from a physical perspecive I drew my comparisons based off of how they played against very similar competition, now that it has come out that Jones is a much better athlete I feel more strongly about my position. My original statement was, I cannot find a significant enough difference between AJ Green, Julio Jones and Jon Baldwin to place one in the top 5 one in the top 15 and one in the second round, they look like the same guy to me on film except that Jones runs better routes and Green tends to let the ball into his body which will get you in trouble in the NFL. In the combine tests Green still was letting the ball into his body to the point that Sterling Sharpe was yelling at him to catch the ball with his hands during the "gauntlet".

My position is (and was) that there are enough good (to great) defensive players available to gamble on a WR when there are prospects available later in the draft. The guy I am intrigued by is DeAndre Brown from Southern Miss check him out and he is sitting a 6th round selection at this point.

I still think we should go with defense Rd. 1 and figure it out from there.

Wraith, I had forgotten when you were talking about that and now that I recall, I see exactly where you are coming from.

I guess I'm just of the mindset that a single day of workouts is a hard way to determine who is actually the most athletically gifted.

Julio was cetainly anything but disappointing though...

If they are headstrong for a WR, a trade down allowing more picks and then selecting whichever WR is still there, intrigues me to no end.

Heck they could trade down a couple of times and still get Baldwin a little later.

I still like Hankerson as well.

My original statement was, I cannot find a significant enough difference between AJ Green, Julio Jones and Jon Baldwin to place one in the top 5 one in the top 15 and one in the second round, they look like the same guy to me on film except that Jones runs better routes and Green tends to let the ball into his body which will get you in trouble in the NFL. In the combine tests Green still was letting the ball into his body to the point that Sterling Sharpe was yelling at him to catch the ball with his hands during the "gauntlet".

How can you use Sharp's evaluation against Green when Sterling flat out said Green was better? And as I mentioned in another thread, Sharp was heard saying "lazy hands, lazy hands, lazy hands" during the first gauntlet Julio Jones ran.

BTW, all of this talk about Green not being worth consideration at #4 is all well and good, but most of the NFL Network's stable of head coaches and GM's showed no hesitation mocking Green to the Bengals at #4 where he and Peterson were the consensus choices. Furthermore, only one of those so-called experts mocked Jones as a top 10 pick....the same number that openly claimed Jones wasn't worthy of a 1st round grade at all. (Billick)

My original statement was, I cannot find a significant enough difference between AJ Green, Julio Jones and Jon Baldwin to place one in the top 5 one in the top 15 and one in the second round, they look like the same guy to me on film except that Jones runs better routes and Green tends to let the ball into his body which will get you in trouble in the NFL. In the combine tests Green still was letting the ball into his body to the point that Sterling Sharpe was yelling at him to catch the ball with his hands during the "gauntlet".

How can you use Sharp's evaluation against Green when Sterling flat out said Green was better? And as I mentioned in another thread, Sharp was heard saying "lazy hands, lazy hands, lazy hands" during the first gauntlet Julio Jones ran.

BTW, all of this talk about Green not being worth consideration at #4 is all well and good, but most of the NFL Network's stable of head coaches and GM's showed no hesitation mocking Green to the Bengals at #4 where he and Peterson were the consensus choices. Furthermore, only one of those so-called experts mocked Jones as a top 10 pick....the same number that openly claimed Jones wasn't worthy of a 1st round grade at all. (Billick)

Both Sterling Sharpe and Mike Mayock support your position, most experts do. I am stating my opinion (which is of course the purpose of a message board) and my opinion is after watching tape, there is a very slight difference (if any at all) between Julio Jones and AJ Green and nothing I have seen at the combine has changed my opinion. Throw Baldwin into the mix and we have three guys with extremely similar capabilities. IMHO Julio Jones runs the best routes and is the best athlete, Jon Baldwin has the best hands and is the second best athlete, and AJ Green has the most hype....