Bengals staff @ Senior Bowl-merged

jjakq27

The Bengals coaching staff is on their way to the Senior Bowl in Mobile. As Marvin aluded to in an earlier interview, the staff he goes down with might not be the same staff he returns with. But other comments about trying the difficulty in trying install a new system might mean that some of the position coaches might be changed but probably not the coordinators.

Roster

http://www.bengals.c...18-9fa8aa939120

http://www.bengals.c...18-9fa8aa939120

But now with NFL Network beaming each North and South practice (as well as the 4 p.m. game on Jan. 29) and countless of college and pro web sites credentialed for the week, it has turned into another frenzied media event instead of what it was five years ago, which was a relaxed cross between a coaching job fair and southern fried all-star game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More coverage of the staff and their new pupils

http://news.cincinna...players-an-edge

It is in the meeting rooms where the Bengals and Bills coaching staffs are giving players a primer on what coaches and scouts might like. While showing different routes, Zampese uses a laser pointer to show quarterbacks Jake Locker, Colin Kaepernick and Ricky Stanzi the right depth and shoulder to throw to.

Later in the meeting, Zampese has the quarterbacks stand up and demonstrates what he is looking for when they are throwing - level shoulders, no hops while they are throwing and to stay on the balls of their feet for a quick reaction and level delivery.

"It gives you a chance to throw it straight, not be off balance and have it all over the place. I want to have consistency in the throws," Zampese said.

-------------------------------

While the offensive meetings are going on, coordinator Bob Bratkowski goes from group to group observing players and also reminding coaches of certain things to stress.

Said Bratkowski: "What I look for is watching and see how they're learning and taking notes. You can tell who is confused and who stands and gets it."

-------------------------------

About five minutes in, Simmons tells players what he considers the most egregious penalty on special teams - being offsides on kickoffs.

"If you do that in the game on Saturday, you might as well go and play for the other team," he says.

Simmons then shows the group what he considered to be the best covered kickoff in his eight seasons in Cincinnati - the opening kickoff of the 2005 season when Bengals linebacker Marcus Wilkins leveled Cleveland's Joshua Cribbs and forced a fumble.

Yeah, I've seen reports that none of the QB's at the Senior Bowl are worthy of being a 1st round pick and that Locker has actually gotten worse as the practices have got on. Locker is simply one of those guys that I thought looked bad all his senior season and a report like that really doesn't surprise me in the least. He looked clueless this whole season.

As for most of the other QB's, why would we bother when I don't really think any of them would give the Bengals anymore than what we have with LeFevour ?? Everyone said he was going to take time to develop, but go back and look at what he did in college. It was pretty freaking good. I'd rather go with him than bother wasting a pick this season on another project.

Simply said, go early or don't bother. I do with, don't bother...

Yeah, I've seen reports that none of the QB's at the Senior Bowl are worthy of being a 1st round pick and that Locker has actually gotten worse as the practices have got on. Locker is simply one of those guys that I thought looked bad all his senior season and a report like that really doesn't surprise me in the least. He looked clueless this whole season.

As for most of the other QB's, why would we bother when I don't really think any of them would give the Bengals anymore than what we have with LeFevour ?? Everyone said he was going to take time to develop, but go back and look at what he did in college. It was pretty freaking good. I'd rather go with him than bother wasting a pick this season on another project.

Simply said, go early or don't bother. I do with, don't bother...

I would love to know what they have in LeFevour, i watched some clips of him on youtube, he was awsome. He had a great arm looked pretty accurate, and was very mobile. So if Carson goes why not see what you have in Dan or get a vetren QB, and start making LeFevour learn quick to see if you got a future with him.

Locker not a very good opening drive there

Im excited to see these boise st WR i theres a chance the bengals could draft one in the second if they go that way.

Also wanna see the C/G Moffit, i think there might be a chance they go O-Line early this year if they are going back to running the ball alot

Mattews looking pretty good early

I'd prefer we keep Brandon / let MJ stay at DE but I would not complain if we drafted Casey :>

Brandon Johnson is my favorite LB and he needs to start, so i hope the resign him to start this year. I agree MJ needs to stay at DE, but wouldnt mind another pass rusher to add to the depth.

Hankerson from Miami is also looking really good!

Yuck this North team offense looks like crap!!!!!!

Locker throws way high and gets his reciever killed LOL

I wouldn't at all mind picking up DeAndre McDaniel, the safety who killed him.

I've been bitching like crazy about drafting a legitimate safety starter high. Looks like it'll never happen.

I've been bitching like crazy about drafting a legitimate safety starter high. Looks like it'll never happen.

Yea i like that saftey also. Saw that Ahmed Black wont be playing today that sucks i would have liked to see him play today!

Look whos coaching them

Yea true, dont know how much stock you put into this game, however the offense should be killing the defense. Defense cant blitz or play man, its very vanilla.

So far Locker looks like crap, im ready to see Colin come in and take over to see what hes got.

Yea i like that saftey also. Saw that Ahmed Black wont be playing today that sucks i would have liked to see him play today!

Agreed, Black's one of my favorite safety prospects right now. If he's there in the third I would love to have him.

Agreed, Black's one of my favorite safety prospects right now. If he's there in the third I would love to have him.

He's mayocks 2nd safety isn't he? don't think he'd last to the third :|