Cam Newton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sceptic of a QB who runs for almost three times as many yards as he throws for.

Newton can throw pretty good as well, but coverages just leave him so much ground to easily run through, and he takes the opportunities presented to him. If you try to take away one side of his game, he kills you with the other.

wow, what a running back! explosive and everything!

what's that you say? he's a QB? oh, his completion percentage is 45 (per the first video)? not so good after all, huh?

stop posting videos of runs. i wanna see some clutch throws, the kind he'd have to make in the NFL when he can't outrun everybody anymore. Of course, i doubt his 45% completion rate will translate well into the pro game. In my eyes, all these (usually black, but that's beyond the point) runner/passer gimmick QBs in college never really do any good in the NFL. they're so used to being able to run when the passing lanes aren't immediately open that they'll pull it down as soon as the play starts in the NFL, instead of waiting for the passing lanes to open and making the completion. of course, after taking off, they make a few quick steps and then get clobbered by a 300lb D-lineman.

Cam Newton, Terrelle Pryor, Denard Robinson ??

All very athletic and fun to watch, but I just can't get by the thought they are all taller versions of Troy Smith.

I'm not sure if Robinson is taller, but if not, color me less impressed with what he might do in the NFL.

NFL players simply aren't going to give the running lanes they see in college, not to mention there are plenty of guys in the NFL that CAN run with them.

Cam Newton, Terrelle Pryor, Denard Robinson ??

All very athletic and fun to watch, but I just can't get by the thought they are all taller versions of Troy Smith.

I'm not sure if Robinson is taller, but if not, color me less impressed with what he might do in the NFL.

NFL players simply aren't going to give the running lanes they see in college, not to mention there are plenty of guys in the NFL that CAN run with them.

Last season I would have agreed that Pryor belong lumped with the running QB's, but this season he is putting up some decent passing numbers. It looks like he maybe an all-around QB in a couple of years.

All three are horrible NFL prospects, but they still should be right at the heart of Heisman discussion.

Damn near every College QB will be a terrible NFL prospect in a couple of years (if not already) because everybody an their mother is running spread Offenses. Good luck NFL Scouts....

and by the way, Denard Robinson is completing 67.8 % of his passes this season....and again a QB rating (nothing to do with running) of 159.09

Only a Sophmore, but at 6'0" 193lbs agreed he will not be an NFL QB, but the topic was Cam Newton, and Robinson is a much more talented than Newton....all I was saying

I'll pass on Newton, he's overrated.

Maybe in your bizarre world, but in mine he still leads the #1 college team in the nation to a 50+ point win in the always tough SEC. This dude knows how to win games!

Maybe in your bizarre world, but in mine he still leads the #1 college team in the nation to a 50+ point win in the always tough SEC. This dude knows how to win games!

Nothing bizarre about it, that stuff works in College Billy. College being the key word.

With the 2nd pick of the 2011 Draft the los angeles Bengals select...

That's not funny! With our GM it could be a possibility.

Nothing bizarre about it, that stuff works in College Billy. College being the key word.

I understand the difference. Winning the Hiesman only happens in college, as did with Carson Palmer. It hasn't translated into the NFL now has it?

Former 1# Oregon is 1# now =)

Damn Straight...

oregon.jpg

Oh crap. I've got competition! :P