FOX Command Center

MOBengal

While in the past I couldn't stand watching games on FOX (mainly because of all the cheesy graphics, futuristic sound effects, and shameless promotions), their new "FOX Command Center" is a pretty cool idea that I thought was good. They have the former NFL director of officials join the broadcast when there is a controversial call or a play being reviewed, to explain what the officials are looking for or what the wording of the rule is and give his opinion on what the call will be. Of course I'm sure the producers at FOX were thrilled with the play at the end of the Bears/Lions game so that they could put their new toy in action.

I've already heard mixed opinions on it, but aside from the cheesy "FOX Command Center" background, I thought it was a good addition. It was a lot better to hear an actual official during a long review rather than two commentators that have no idea what they're talking about.

• 4 weeks later...