World Cup

AGrizzlyBaer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sure I'll bump this. What an amazing game the US won today. They were on the cusp of elimination and then with one nice run in the first minute of extra time, they not only win the game, they take their group and move on to the final 16 teams remaining. They were screwed out of a game winning goal called back when a poor offsides call was made against Slovakia and another goal today against Algeria. I hate to blame refs and they should have handled business better, but that's the nature of the game and it almost cost them BIG TIME.

They play Ghana in their next game Saturday, with Germany and England facing off as well. Should prove to be some good matches.

I truly believe that soccer is one of those sports enjoyed more by people that have actually played the sport and don't get bothered when someone says that it's boring. For me though, I've been playing since I was 4 years old and still do. I could watch soccer matches all day long with little issue.

Both Italy and France won't be moving on to the final 16. Shocking on both accounts.

USA! USA! USA! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w&feature=player_embedded Enjoy Guys.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Bengalszone Billy
To embed YouTube.

Great post Griz! :sure: It was cool to see a bar in Covington Kentucky get shown cheering wildly.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I would have no issue with seeing England winning it all, but I don't see them being strong enough to pull it off.

Just trying to be realistic. I mean, had the U.S. won today, I would have given them maybe one more game at most and that would have come against a good Paraguay team. As I said before, I think Argentina and Brazil are looking pretty strong.

Hard luck to the USA for being knocked out. I just wish our overpaid bunch of premadonnas had shown that same desire and commitment. What an embarrasment England turned out to be, though i'm not at all suprised. Total lack of desire, a clueless manager and players who clearly weren't up for the fight :angry:

Ah well, there's always next time......... :wacko:

jon

Hard luck to the USA for being knocked out. I just wish our overpaid bunch of premadonnas had shown that same desire and commitment. What an embarrasment England turned out to be, though i'm not at all suprised. Total lack of desire, a clueless manager and players who clearly weren't up for the fight :angry:

Ah well, there's always next time......... :wacko:

jon

Your boys got the wind taken out of them by a horrible call Jon. The officiating has truly been sub-par this year.

Hard luck to the USA for being knocked out. I just wish our overpaid bunch of premadonnas had shown that same desire and commitment. What an embarrasment England turned out to be, though i'm not at all suprised. Total lack of desire, a clueless manager and players who clearly weren't up for the fight mad.gif

Ah well, there's always next time......... wacko.gif

jon

Your boys got the wind taken out of them by a horrible call Jon. The officiating has truly been sub-par this year.

They need to be able to review some of those terrible calls. It's 2010...just about every other sport has some sort of replay system.

I've been sitting here watching the Finals go into extra time, and I can see this easily coming down to a series of penalty kicks to determine the winner of the World Cup. I can't help but to root for the Netherlands because they are wearing orange! ^_^