Don't squeek in Bengals, Roar in

walzav29

I called Sirius Radio yesterday and they said the Bengals will win the division. I asked how they would do against Minn and they said that they don't match up well with Minnesota. They also said they see the Bengals as the 4th seed. I say BS. Why not win out? They are the #2 seed right now, and I hope they expect to get it. 1 week at a time, blah,blah,blah. Then beat Minnesota and San Diego. Pittsburgh beat Minn, and Baltimore almost beat them as well. This team can beat anyone and I expect them to win out. I hope Palmer gets a GIANT CHIP on his shoulder. Everyone keeps acting like it's a miracle the Bengals are winning and they need to keep the outside perspective of them out of the locker room. #2! We're coming for you!

I like the confidence.

I dont have that much but I will certainly take it. I will personally have to take the rest of the season one day at a time. Sundays game , if anything, tells me this team can crap out as fast as it can play a good game of football.

Next test is Cleveland at home. Win that one and prepare for Detroit.

btw - New England will not win out either.

I like the confidence.

I dont have that much but I will certainly take it. I will personally have to take the rest of the season one day at a time. Sundays game , if anything, tells me this team can crap out as fast as it can play a good game of football.

I had a ton of confidence in this team prior to the Oakland game. And you know what? I still do. I remember watching Monday Night Football in 2004 when the 12-1 Patriots got beat by the 2-11 Dolphins. It made absolutely no sense... but it happens.

They had an awful game. A game that I continue to define as inexplicable. But the the team that swept the Steelers and Ravens isn't a joke. The team that showed up against Houston and Oakland is a little worrisome, but it's clearly the aberration. In my mind, the Bengals are 8-2 right now (that miraculous deflection still pisses me off!)

Anyway, no team in the top 10 has faced a schedule as difficult as the Bengals thus far. The Bengals have been the most tested team that is in the race to this point. They may not win out, but they are certainly able. They may not win the Super Bowl, but I believe they are capable.

I like the confidence.

I had a ton of confidence in this team prior to the Oakland game. And you know what? I still do. I remember watching Monday Night Football in 2004 when the 12-1 Patriots got beat by the 2-11 Dolphins. It made absolutely no sense... but it happens.

They had an awful game. A game that I continue to define as inexplicable. But the the team that swept the Steelers and Ravens isn't a joke. The team that showed up against Houston and Oakland is a little worrisome, but it's clearly the aberration. In my mind, the Bengals are 8-2 right now (that miraculous deflection still pisses me off!)

Anyway, no team in the top 10 has faced a schedule as difficult as the Bengals thus far. The Bengals have been the most tested team that is in the race to this point. They may not win out, but they are certainly able. They may not win the Super Bowl, but I believe they are capable.

They cant afford anymore games like that, they need to beat the teams they are supposed to beat. This is still a young team, so lets hope they get it toghter and Marvin has these guys on the right track.

I agree with the one day/game at a time. I still have confidence in this team but I have never been that let down by a Bengals team in awhile. Having a complete letdown to one of the biggest jokes in sports history was just redikulus and inexcusable. I am def. not looking ahead past these next 2 games b/c nothing is a givin. My first goal is to win the division, s**tzburgh is still right behind us...I would love to have the 2nd seed with a first round bye b/c its still possible but that would be a bonus right now, IMO.

Yes it happens every year to every team. It's a long season. I would rather have the wins over the Ravens and Steelers than one over the Raiders.

Looking ahead, the SD game has a ton of playoff implications. That's the plum at the end of the season that we have to win.

I like the confidence.

They cant afford anymore games like that, they need to beat the teams they are supposed to beat. This is still a young team, so lets hope they get it toghter and Marvin has these guys on the right track.

I hear you. The Bengals do have a history of playing down to the level of their competition. Whatever the reason for that, it's got to change. If the Bengals had made the FG and pushed it in the endzone one more time, Caldwell's fumble would have been meaningless. You can't let bad teams hang around in the NFL.

That said, it happens. This isn't college where a loss to Appalachian State is virtually impossible. If you show up to a game with a couple key injuries and make a few costly mistakes, the playing field levels really fast. Philly lost to Oakland, Pittsburgh lost to KC, GB lost to TB, Denver lost to Washington, Pittsburgh lost to Chicago, NE lost to NYJ. The Bengals are hardly the only team that has lost a game they should have won. They just need to not do it again.

If they win out, it's no harm, no foul. If they lose another game or two, then we can start talking about what could have been if not for the Denver and Oakland losses.

What frustrates me most is not losing a game here or there. It's the manner of them which makes me pout like a pouty thing. Getting outplayed, just beaten by a better team - fine. It professional sports, that happens, the other was just better that day.

It's probably why I'm not really bothered about the Houston game in retrospect. Their offense came out and took care of business and the Bengals just couldn't respond well enough.

The OAK and DEN games though - ugh!

So, if we lose another game or two, OK, but not in a similar manner to those two games. It's not nice watching the Bengals self-harm themselves like emo teenagers. At least they don't sit on their $100 beanbags and recite poetry about death and emptiness I suppose.

The thing about those other teams losing to bad teams is that they have a proven winning track record and that particular game may have been just been chalked up a victory or just overlooked...We on the other hand have a history of losing and consistently play down to the competition,or teams we should beat, so my confidence is down a notch...This team is a chameleon we play Pitt and Bmore we are Superman, we play Cleveland and the Raiders we are Clark Kent, I'm glad that the teams from the AFC that make the playoffs are all usually real good, and that when the Bengals make the playoffs they are ready to match the opposing teams intensity and none of this losing focus s++t...

I'll tell you this. After the Bengals beat Cleve, and Det they will beat Minn. They are the most overrated team in the NFL.

2 - Detroit

2 - Green Bay

St. Louis

Cleve

Seattle

San Fran - Favre miracle throw at the end

Baltimore missed a FG

Pittsburgh beat them

Who is sweating these guys? I'm not. I'll tell you another thing. Baltimore went to San Diego and beat them and as we all know. It's tradition for the Bengals to beat the Chargers on their way to the Superbowl. Check 81 and 88. I'm sick of acting like a timid fan with fragile faith in my boys. They can beat anyone. Superbowl on the way.

#2 Seed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is sweating these guys?

I am. Just as I'm sweating the Browns on Sunday, the Lions the week after that, then after the Vikings, the Chargers, Chiefs, and the Jets.

After the Raiders game, I take no team lightly.