Coffman and Smith active this week ?

Dadraftnick

I have heard from a reliable inside source that says, RT Andre Smith starts this week or at least is active and plays.

The source also, says that Chase Coffman is active this week and will play.

It would be a wise move since our next 3 games are against weak sister opponents and it would be the best time to work them in coming down the stretch.

He told me about Larry Johnson way before anything was written.

I have heard from a reliable inside source that says, RT Andre Smith starts this week or at least is active and plays.

The source also, says that Chase Coffman is active this week and will play.

It would be a wise move since our next 3 games are against weak sister opponents and it would be the best time to work them in coming down the stretch.

He told me about Larry Johnson way before anything was written.

Well, this would not be the most illogical thing to predict.

To me, this means the de-activate Benson if he is ailing, and probably de-activate Coates or Rivers. Whoever is hurt (or whose play hurts us the most).

I thought for sure we would see andre in limited action immediately after the bye. SO, at this point, I'm surprised every game he's not on the field.

I would be surprised if he's starter -- can't imagine he's ready to play an entire game (and i don't think we really need him to).

Surprised we brought up purify instead of activating chase. Why not put him in as a 4th WR or slot WR? Can he really be THAT bad at blocking that we can't find a few plays to work him in? Maybe he's awful at tackling, too. Either way, interested to see how our offense looks this Sunday against what should be a stout Oakland defense.

Regarding Smith....

"Whenever Mathis is healthy again from an injured ankle, the odds are Scott Kooistra could be listed as inactive and Smith would get moved up.

Player Notes

• OG Evan Mathis did not practice Wednesday because of an ankle injury suffered Nov. 8 against Baltimore. He is unlikely to play this week."

Regarding Smith....

"Whenever Mathis is healthy again from an injured ankle, the odds are Scott Kooistra could be listed as inactive and Smith would get moved up.

Player Notes

• OG Evan Mathis did not practice Wednesday because of an ankle injury suffered Nov. 8 against Baltimore. He is unlikely to play this week."

According to the dot com, he suited up for practice today, but didn't participate.

I would love to see it, but man, Im starting to get nervous about this game and our injuries. Lets put a 21 point lead up then start tinkering with new players.

Lets not risk this game at all. Oakland cant really be that bad and they have a new QB that could energize them for a sec. Remember Massiquoi. Dont want to see Heyward Beys coming out game this week.

I would love to see it, but man, Im starting to get nervous about this game and our injuries. Lets put a 21 point lead up then start tinkering with new players.

Lets not risk this game at all. Oakland cant really be that bad and they have a new QB that could energize them for a sec. Remember Massiquoi. Dont want to see Heyward Beys coming out game this week.

Heyward Bey won't do a Maasiquoi. The dude might as well as have his hands cut off. He'd be as effective and that isn't a stretch.

In a perfect world, Smith would spell Roland in the unbalanced set in this game, and if you all haven't noticed, Roland lines up primarily as the LT when the Bengals go to this. In considering this, I am LOVING the way that Whit and Roland are playing, and I wouldn't mind seeing Brat throw in a wrinkle where he gets some snaps at G, as a maybe do-it-all OL, in the Kooistra mold. Whit and Roland are playing OT as well as Levi and Willie did a few years ago, and it shows.

If Coles can't go, I'd be OK with getting Coffman in. We need to display as many weapons as possible, to give the teams that are eyeing us in the playoffs more looks, and both of these guys need actual game time. For the record, I'm OK with giving Coffman a "redshirt" year, if the staff decides he's not ready. It's like adding another 2nd or 3rd round choice to next years draft, with a year in the playbook already. I think we'd all agree it worked out well for Palmer, albeit a different position. If Coffman truly can't block a DE or OLB, he's not ready to play in this offense.

This teams is far different than the 2005 Bengals, who are almost the measuring stick around here. The '09 Bengals are probably closer to the Pittsburgh Steelers from a decade ago, although it pains me immensely just to type that.

Heyward Bey won't do a Maasiquoi. The dude might as well as have his hands cut off. He'd be as effective and that isn't a stretch.

JaMarcus Russell also makes Derek Anderson look like Joe Montana.

Let's just say that the Russell to Heyward-Bey combo probably has a career TD over/under of, say, 3.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Russel at QB. BUt we get Gradskowski who has won every start he has had against us. And all of those win were legitimate.

But in all seriousness - Why is Heyward Bey rich? Or Russel, or McFadden. Thats like 25 million a year right there. Poor Richard Seymore

JaMarcus Russell also makes Derek Anderson look like Joe Montana.

Let's just say that the Russell to Heyward-Bey combo probably has a career TD over/under of, say, 3.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Russel at QB. BUt we get Gradskowski who has won every start he has had against us. And all of those win were legitimate.

But in all seriousness - Why is Heyward Bey rich? Or Russel, or McFadden. Thats like 25 million a year right there. Poor Richard Seymore

Gradkowski is a mobile QB. He can roll-out and run, kind of like Aaron Rogers, just less accurate and with junior varsity WR's.

Zach Miller is the only guy who merits our attention as fans. You can bet the team is preparing as they would if this were Pit, Bal, GB etc.

Also, in his chat yesterday, Reedy said he doubts Smith or Coffman see the field this week.

Barring injury, I'm not really expecting to see either of them at all this season, unless the Bengals wrap up home field advantage before the last game against the Jets and go into rest-the-starters mode. And that seems unlikely to happen. There's just no pressing need to rush Smith or Coffman into the lineup.

Who did the Bengals cut to make room for Larry Johnson on the 53 man roster? I was assuming it was going to be Koostra but with Mathis hurt it may have been someone else. Also, with Livings starting why is activating Smith out of the question? With Benson, Mathis, Rivers all going to be deactivated this week who gets the starts? Nelson? Smith? Coffman? Nelson was active last week and should be this week with the seconday banged up. L. Johnson will be active. If Mathis can't go, why not let Smith go if he's ready?