How will Perry do this year???

staggk

I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on Bengals new rookie RB: Chris Perry. I know he was a workhorse at Michigan, but i am curious and anxious to see how he does in the NATI....post your thoughts on how many touches he will get in the season opener and whatever else you would like to post about Perry!!! :player:

I'll admit at first I was pissed he was drafted #1. But then I researched into his history, and he seems to be an explosive player that has tons of potential. I also think before the end of the year he will be giving Rudi a run for his money for the starting position.

He racked up some pretty impressive numbers in college play, and he didn't come out of any weak sister division either!

if he does well, showing he can be a feature back, then we have 2 feature backs, and have one to trade.

hell, i wouldn't mind if perry did very well this season and then got traded. i'd hate to let rudi go because i think he's the man, plus you gotta love the RUDI! RUDI! RUDI! chants, but whatever is best for the team.

Kirkendall....First thing I thought of was that *&^&#%^$* Ohio St game also!! I was more than pissed.Beside myself one might say.Doesn't he come from that M...M...Ma...MIH...State? Hell, I can't say it.I was going with Gamble and defense.But once I came to my senses and realized that the Buckeyes and the Bengals were just Apples and Oranges.I then understand the pick and now beleive it was the better choice.The 1-2 combo Punch!! Don't expect the Bengals to trade either one of them once established (that's old school Bengal practice,Bengals have upgraded to newer Software) and eventually will split time(by the 6th game) to where when one is named the starter all that means is You will be in the FIRST offensive play of that particular game.

There are many factors to how well Perry will do this year.

1) How well Palmer executes effiency in the offense

2) Relates to #1: Are they moving the ball with the running game

3)Coincides with #2: The efficiecy of the passing game

4)Are they moving the ball effectively using the run/pass combo

5)Are they Lighting up the Scoreboard

His playing time increases with each goal attained.I'll use #4 the best scenario for Perry.This is what I beleive the what and why the Bengals drafted him #1.

With Rudi's emergence backing up Dillion effectively the Bengals decided they liked the 1-2 Punch RB combo that was provided to them.Saves wear and tear on each Star, BUT by then Dillion already was beaten up.The punishment taken starts to adjust running style compensating for thse little pains and aches.Which leads to(usually anyway) lesser efficiency.Dillion gone...Enter Perry

This completes the full package of the Bengal regenerated Offense.Solid Line.

THEE QB!! Throwing to one of last years best WR.BUT,HEY,WE also got Two other high caliper receivers in Warrick and Washington.

What's missing...The 1-2 combo Punch!!

Order: Filled as requested.Paid in Full!! Please allow 6-8 wks for delivery.Have a nice day.

I think that he will do well. If you are able to carry the ball 40+ times in a game, at any level, that is a workhorse.

Rookie,

You're on something. Did you forget about Rudi Johnson??? Chris Perry is NOT going to get 40+ carries a game with Rudi in the backfield.

When is the last time that a Bungles RB ever got 40+ carries a game???

I think that he will do well.  If you are able to carry the ball 40+ times in a game, at any level, that is a workhorse.

Rookie,

You're on something. Did you forget about Rudi Johnson??? Chris Perry is NOT going to get 40+ carries a game with Rudi in the backfield.

When is the last time that a Bungles RB ever got 40+ carries a game???

It was on Nov 9,This past season Rudi Johnson carried the ball 43 times for 182 yards and scored 2 touchdowns. As the bengals went on to beat the texans.

I think Perry will kick butt. Hopefully his tweak to his hammy is not a symptom of the K*j*na disease. (Not going to put his name in print here.). We need Perry to kick butt and I believe he will get opportunities. Two reasons: Ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and Rudi's contract. ML is not about to be extorted by any one player. ML doesnt seem to like putting his eggs (salary cap) in one basket. If Rudi has the year we are all hoping for and demands a rediculous salary, ML will wish him well, draft another RB in the 3-4 round and hand the ball over to Perry. As mentioned already in this thread, we can yell PERRY! PERRY! PERRY! just as well as RUDI! RUDI! RUDI!. Nothing personal, its a game, its a business.

Barbie,

I am on something, it is called the right track. I know that he will not get the ball 40 times a game. What I was trying to explain is that the guy is a work horse. He can carry the load. That is what we need. Someone, or in this case, two guys who can pound the ball on a consistent basis to take pressure off a questionable defense and a second year QB who has never taken a NFL snap. So to answer the original question, I think that Perry will be fine. He has great hands out of the back field and will no doubt be able to take the pounding of getting the ball on a regular basis.

I still contend that the breakdown in Rudi's contract talks were a big part of signing Perry, which tells me he may be more than your average ride the pine backup. I think management covered thier asses in case Rudi bolts after this year. That being said, let all hope they provide a balanced 1-2 punch....

barb, I think he was referring to Perry's college days. He didn't say that he'd get 40+ with the Bengals, just that his play at MI showed that he is a workhorse.

Okay--I read it again. I must have been hitting the quackpipe a little too hard yesterday myself.

However, I'm still going to say that Perry will be giving Rudi breathers. He will find little carries in this year's Bungle Offense. Rudi will be carrying most of the payload.

I'll say this too--College and NFL??? Much different animal. Even Stephen Davis breaks down after a while of getting close to 40 carries a game. Davis is a bruiser!!!

Good point of the Bungles covering there asses if Rudi bolts next year, however THE BUNGLES HAD NEEDS IN OTHER AREAS. You're on the pipe if you think differently.

Let's stop talking about Rudi being traded.

I'm with you Die Hard! Let's hear it for both Rudi and Chris BOTH having 1000 yard seasons! I'm much rather see the Bengals offense primarily run over opposing defenses, and only resort to the pass when they choose to...not when they have to! :player:

In that situation you win the TOP. (Time Of Possession) And when you have the ball more than the other team you will win the majority of the time! B)

Bengals Team Report :

Chick Ludwig / SportingNews

RUNNING BACKS ANALYSIS

Rudi Johnson, who took over as the starter after the Corey Dillon trade, is a punishing, durable inside runner. He seems to get stronger as a game goes on and is quick enough to get outside but lacks breakaway speed. Rookie Chris Perry is an ideal complement to Johnson. Perry is an inside-outside threat who can make defenders miss, and he will be used as a checkdown receiver on third downs. Kenny Watson has worked hard to improve and is leading the race for the No. 3 spot. FB Jeremi Johnson is an excellent drive blocker and could play a larger role this year as a runner in short-yardage situations

I think JOHNSON will have alot to say in how good are running game will be, making holes for RUDI and PERRY. I think with last year exp. JOHNSON will be a force at FULLBACK in the N.F.L this year... :player:

I really don't see Perry having much of an impact this year. It took him a couple years to do much for the Wolverines. He really only had one great year for Michigan and that was last year. The season before that he was just an average back. I think eventuallty he'll turn out to be a good back but I'm not expecting a whole lot from him this season. Hopefully Rudi will be healthy and running well this season. If not we still have Skip Hicks. ;)