Henry's future

scxeezy

I think if we don't resign him, we'll regret having to play him twice a season.

Cleveland is in desperate need of a quality veteran receiver.

As far as I know, Hue Jackson still works for the Ravens so that makes them the most likely landing spot for Henry.

Ben Roethlisberger has bitched in the past that he doesn't have that tall end-zone threat at WR, so I could definitely see him landing there.

The teams in the AFC North know Henry's abilities the best and all three could use him. I think demand will be high and it would hurt us more than you guys realize if he left.

I think he's wise enough to avoid Cleveland like the plague unless they throw extra 15million his way heh...

I can name 10 teams that would line up to sign Henry, now that he's straightened up his act.Ravens,Jax,Carolina,ChiTown & Rams I think would cough up the money in the hopes he could be a 2#...though who knows maybe Patriots sign him Henry,Moss with welker in the slot scary :o

I can't believe some of you guys think we'd be fine to let Henry walk..

Well, what do they have to replace? A dozen catches and two scores in a half season of work, right? And it's not like Henry has done much for how long now, two or even three years?

Get Coffman's blocking up to snuff and we've got a decent run blocker and that huge redzone, even bigger than Slim, target all in one. Or in simpler terms - a more gooderer player.

Well, what do they have to replace? A dozen catches and two scores in a half season of work, right? And it's not like Henry has done much for how long now, two or even three years?

Get Coffman's blocking up to snuff and we've got a decent run blocker and that huge redzone, even bigger than Slim, target all in one. Or in simpler terms - a more gooderer player.

I agree with Ron Mexico, one player doesn't make the team and that we probably will not miss him for the rest of the season (guys stepping up + Caldwell).

I will argue that a team with one player like Chris Henry is a better than the same team without a Chris Henry.. If you get the drift.

I agree with Ron Mexico, one player doesn't make the team and that we probably will not miss him for the rest of the season (guys stepping up + Caldwell).

I will argue that a team with one player like Chris Henry is a better than the same team without a Chris Henry.. If you get the drift.

I get the drift. I'm not against re-signing him at all, but only for a contract the fits his role on this team and not what role he might potentially play on another team.

I get the drift. I'm not against re-signing him at all, but only for a contract the fits his role on this team and not what role he might potentially play on another team.

Yup. Agree totally. If the Browns want to pay him four-six million next year, go for it. Worked for The Hamburglar and Eric Steinbach, didn't it?

Agreed.. I hope we can afford to give him an offer to keep him around. He's a huge asset that Palmer would Co-sign in a heartbeat! Believe that.

what exactly does 'palmer would co-sign" mean?

I don't play semi-pro ball, so thats probably why I dont understand such things

Maybe Palmer owns a semi-pro franchise, and will (co-)sign Cheech to that franchise as well?

Hopefully people who play semi-pro ball can explain such things to one such as I